Sears

Average Difficulty
169 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Humble, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy, accept responsibility and present none on the superior. Follow all orders even if your not working hourly. It's a pure commission job in a dying chain, if the department has an hourly rate it is minimum wage. There is other commission based jobs that pay better.Best buy pays better with no commission.

Interview Question – How did you turn an Irate Angry customer into a happy customer that felt his/her shopping needs went beyond what was expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Port Jefferson Station, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewed went very well & was very relaxed. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were received.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary is $6.00 per hour + 1.5% commission on everything that I sell

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Interview Details – Questions are designed to find motivated self starters. If you take initiative and strive for excellence you are assured a job. Customer oriented people are a shoe in.

Interview Question – Explain a time when your attitude affected a sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sales staff is base.

Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. I went to the job fair filled out the application right there on the spot. I had my first interview that day and then my second interview the next day which was super long. On both days however, they seemed to be very very busy because they were so short staffed. Anyways , my second interview was much longer than my first interview. the first interview is basically just checking that all your provided information is correct and to tell a little bit about yourself and then they tell you about the company. Now the second interview, depending on your interviewer , can be very long and annoying. Mine was very long and detailed I had to repeat the moto like a million times and the interview was about 30mins long. I was hired on the spot and met the store manager and began all my paperwork all in that one day. Came back three days later for the orientation/training which is like two weeks long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, they just tell you the pay and tell you right off the back that you will work late and long hours

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call back when I was least expecting it, that must have been like 3 weeks later, the manager seemed really tired and just wanted to get it over and done with, but she was friendly, just seemed stressed out. She just asked me simple straight forward questions, tell me about your previous working experience, why did you leave previous job and so on. Three simple questions and she offered me the job on the spot, but told me that along with selling merchandise that I would have to sell credit cards too. I did not last on the job for up to six months, first of all I was not even officially trained, I was thrown on the floor right away and I had to learn by watching this annoying younger girl who treated me like I was bothering her, and then the next thing I know, they are complaining that I am not selling their credit cards, I did offer the cards to everyone and of course, most people do not want to add an additional credit card to their stack but some how they expect you to do some kind of magic or lie to people to sell those, after two warnings on my low sales for the credit cards, I was let go. I was so relieved to leave. Horrible job

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, its like, take it or leave it

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – very simple interview process, not too complicated you don't need alot of preperation just make sure you think of prior work experiences that will help you out at sears.

Interview Question – nothing was entirely too difficult to answer as long as you show up and your a decent person you'll get the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Basic Interview Questions very easy questions

Interview Question – What was the most creative thing you did in you previous job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was very low

Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was short and to the point. Questions ranged from "Why do you want to work here?" to "How would you sell a extended warranty?". Was offered the position but did not hear back from them regarding orientation for about a week or so.

Interview Question – I could see someone without sales experience being thrown for a loop with the extended warranty question. Do some research on Sears and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Schedule was 3 to 4 weekends per month. I understand why they had this requirement, but it did not fit my schedule.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I Walked in Filled out and application was inteview by HR associate then the department manager/store manager walked out with the job. I was lucky that day i fit the profile.

Interview Question – If your shift ended and no replacement had arrived what would you do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion phase . I left not even knowing what my hourly rate was going to be . Christmas was coming and I wanted to be working.I was just happy that they chose me as this was not my first time applying to this company.

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in July 2009.

Interview Details – Prospective employees are screened through the system for issues related to background and previous work experience. If green lighted the manager for the particular department decides who to interview. The normal interview questions are asked however, the direction of the interview is up to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself?   View Answer