Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Jefferson Station, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Port Jefferson Station, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interviewed went very well & was very relaxed. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary is $6.00 per hour + 1.5% commission on everything that I sell

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Youngstown, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Management asked the standard questions, how long have you been in sales, what have you done to handle a situation where a customer was upset, what knowledge do you have in sales, what did you do in the last position you held. They seemed thrilled to be talking to such a knowledgeable person, and their excitement was visibly noticeable in the interview.

Interview Questions

• With the amount of experience I have, there are no difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what the pay rate was, they told me, I asked for more, they said it is that or no job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview

After submitting the long online application from home, I was called to schedule an interview with HR. After the first interview with the cashier lead, I was asked to do a second interview with the Assistant Manager. I was told immediately I was hired and could begin training the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you were able to overcome a difficult task and how did you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Cerritos, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Los Cerritos, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Had two long and annoying interviews for a simple low paying cashier job. The interviewers acting like they were interviewing me to be a manager or something. The pay is low no candidate should have two interviews for a low paying typical cashiers job.

Interview Questions

• They kept on making a big deal about making sure that I knew I had to sell their darn credit cards.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Very friendly HR team. 2 managers interviewed me on the same day. Was offered position on the spot. If you can impress them that that is. Originally applied for merchandising associate but the HR manager suggested me that I was more qualified and should take the position of sales as it was more rewarding and would receive commission plus base.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. You were given the company standard salarm.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online for sears sales associate job and got call from vacuum department. A single round of interview with department manager. At the same place GM came and asked couple of questions. Be urself and answer questions. Got offer on the spot.

Got personal problems

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Interview

Questions are designed to find motivated self starters. If you take initiative and strive for excellence you are assured a job. Customer oriented people are a shoe in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your attitude affected a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales staff is base.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Hiring Process is a bit confusing because HR did not know who was schedule for an interview. You meet with two different managers and then the store manager. Make sure to smile

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

applies in person at online kiosk. And immediate interview, with follow up call with offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Burbank, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Waited about only 5-10 min to get called in , was greeted nicely by the manager . Asked how the commute was getting there & if there was any problem with finding the place .