Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

172 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears.

I applied online and received a call a few days later. I came in for the interview and was made to wait until the hr lady came to interview me. The interview went pretty well or so I thought. After the interview I was told that the store manager had to interview me but he was in a meeting so I would have to wait for a few minutes. The few minutes turned into over an hour and a half. Then the store manager never interviewed me because "he didn't have time." That was so rude and unprofessional and a total waste of my time. He did not even come out himself to apologize he sent the hr lady. This was one of the most unprofessional interviews I have ever been on. Sears should be ashamed of themselves.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

I applied online for sears sales associate job and got call from vacuum department. A single round of interview with department manager. At the same place GM came and asked couple of questions. Be urself and answer questions. Got offer on the spot.

Got personal problems

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears.

You have to go online and fill out an application and then fill out an integrity questionnaire. Depending on your score you will either be scheduled for an interview right then on the spot for within a day or two. Normally interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult statement I was told to do was "Tell me a joke."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2009.

Very easy, accept responsibility and present none on the superior. Follow all orders even if your not working hourly. It's a pure commission job in a dying chain, if the department has an hourly rate it is minimum wage. There is other commission based jobs that pay better.Best buy pays better with no commission.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn an Irate Angry customer into a happy customer that felt his/her shopping needs went beyond what was expected.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Jefferson Station, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Jefferson Station, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

The interviewed went very well & was very relaxed. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Salary is $6.00 per hour + 1.5% commission on everything that I sell

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Questions are designed to find motivated self starters. If you take initiative and strive for excellence you are assured a job. Customer oriented people are a shoe in.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your attitude affected a sale?   View Answer
    Sales staff is base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2012.

Very easy interview process. I went to the job fair filled out the application right there on the spot. I had my first interview that day and then my second interview the next day which was super long. On both days however, they seemed to be very very busy because they were so short staffed. Anyways , my second interview was much longer than my first interview. the first interview is basically just checking that all your provided information is correct and to tell a little bit about yourself and then they tell you about the company. Now the second interview, depending on your interviewer , can be very long and annoying. Mine was very long and detailed I had to repeat the moto like a million times and the interview was about 30mins long. I was hired on the spot and met the store manager and began all my paperwork all in that one day. Came back three days later for the orientation/training which is like two weeks long.

Interview Questions
    No, they just tell you the pay and tell you right off the back that you will work late and long hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2012.

I applied online, got a call back when I was least expecting it, that must have been like 3 weeks later, the manager seemed really tired and just wanted to get it over and done with, but she was friendly, just seemed stressed out. She just asked me simple straight forward questions, tell me about your previous working experience, why did you leave previous job and so on. Three simple questions and she offered me the job on the spot, but told me that along with selling merchandise that I would have to sell credit cards too. I did not last on the job for up to six months, first of all I was not even officially trained, I was thrown on the floor right away and I had to learn by watching this annoying younger girl who treated me like I was bothering her, and then the next thing I know, they are complaining that I am not selling their credit cards, I did offer the cards to everyone and of course, most people do not want to add an additional credit card to their stack but some how they expect you to do some kind of magic or lie to people to sell those, after two warnings on my low sales for the credit cards, I was let go. I was so relieved to leave. Horrible job

There is no negotiation, its like, take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

very simple interview process, not too complicated you don't need alot of preperation just make sure you think of prior work experiences that will help you out at sears.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was entirely too difficult to answer as long as you show up and your a decent person you'll get the job.   Answer Question

Basic Interview Questions very easy questions

Interview Questions
    • What was the most creative thing you did in you previous job?   Answer Question

Pay was very low