Sears Sales Consultant Interview Questions

1.8

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Manchester, NH).

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was contacted by e-mail shortly afterwards to set up an interview. The interview process was 3 different interviews. First with a random manager, then with your will be department manager, next the Ops Manager (second in command in a Sears retail store). With my interview, each manager let me know how they felt about me the second the interview was over, and then let me know when the next interview would be.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected, every question can be found in a basic interview book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the commission sales, there is no negotiation phase in it. It's straight commission (no chance for a base by company policy).

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview process is very disorganized. I received an email at 9pm the night before that told me I had an interview the next morning. My interviewer was very nice but she didn't even realize that she was supposed to interview me. Their questions are logical, but aside from that the process is not organized at all. The hiring process is worse. When I tried to ask about my pay, benefits, number of hours etc. they seemed insulted and reminded me that "you are being given a job offer".

Interview Questions

• For sales associates they sometimes ask product specific questions. i.e. what is the difference between a yard tractor and lawn tractor. However, most of the questions are general "Describe a time that you have dealt with an unsatisfied customer."   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring was simple and straightforward, received a call to schedule a interview and then went in and answered questions. It was a little disorganized but I think they are doing a good job. Basically asks questions regarding prior customer service experience and how it relates to the job among other things, such as work ethics and personality

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

3 interviews took over a month

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

One step process more me, met with one manager and was hired on the spot. Have heard they sometimes do two to three step interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very easy to get hired, turn over is very high. Show interest and they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, pay a small training pay but then it's 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Columbus, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Basic interview questions, and why you would be good for the sales position.

Interview Questions

• none very simple because they lie to you about what the job really is and the amount of pay you will actually receive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation its 100% commission based position.

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and was called the next day for an interview. My interview was on the third day and it was pretty simple. One on one. The manager stated he really did not know where to put me, but loved my personality and found a place for me quite easily. It was a very relaxed interview. I don't think any serious questions were asked. It was just like having a normal convo about yourself. I had a 2nd interview with the ASM, but this was just simple policy. I already had the job by the 1st interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job was base pay + commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Danbury, CT) in September 2011.

Interview

MY Position was Base pay& Commissions The interview process consist of being interviewed by two department supervisors

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was your best customer service act, that you performed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said, would this be a position that you would be interested in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Yonkers, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied to the company in 2008 via online, I received a call for an interview that very week. I went in and had a brief discussion with the hiring manager. it was the usual questions, strength and weaknesses etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation when you had to over rule your manager or take charge of a situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations. the pay is standard.