Sears

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultative Sales Interview

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a Tuesday and was called the next day for an interview. My interview was on the third day and it was pretty simple. One on one. The manager stated he really did not know where to put me, but loved my personality and found a place for me quite easily. It was a very relaxed interview. I don't think any serious questions were asked. It was just like having a normal convo about yourself. I had a 2nd interview with the ASM, but this was just simple policy. I already had the job by the 1st interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The job was base pay + commission

Consultative Sales Interview

Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application, I was contacted by e-mail shortly afterwards to set up an interview. The interview process was 3 different interviews. First with a random manager, then with your will be department manager, next the Ops Manager (second in command in a Sears retail store). With my interview, each manager let me know how they felt about me the second the interview was over, and then let me know when the next interview would be.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected, every question can be found in a basic interview book.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the commission sales, there is no negotiation phase in it. It's straight commission (no chance for a base by company policy).

Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in December 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was simple and straightforward, received a call to schedule a interview and then went in and answered questions. It was a little disorganized but I think they are doing a good job. Basically asks questions regarding prior customer service experience and how it relates to the job among other things, such as work ethics and personality

Danbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

Interview Details – MY Position was Base pay& Commissions The interview process consist of being interviewed by two department supervisors

Interview Question – They asked me what was your best customer service act, that you performed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said, would this be a position that you would be interested in?

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – The interview process is very disorganized. I received an email at 9pm the night before that told me I had an interview the next morning. My interviewer was very nice but she didn't even realize that she was supposed to interview me. Their questions are logical, but aside from that the process is not organized at all. The hiring process is worse. When I tried to ask about my pay, benefits, number of hours etc. they seemed insulted and reminded me that "you are being given a job offer".

Interview Question – For sales associates they sometimes ask product specific questions. i.e. what is the difference between a yard tractor and lawn tractor. However, most of the questions are general "Describe a time that you have dealt with an unsatisfied customer."   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. I went 15 minutes early. I was met 45 minutes later by a different person who had not ever done an interview before. They read through a small novel of questions provided by corporate and try to write down verbatim what you answer.

Interview Question – Are you able to run the whole store by yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate the position was straight commission

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions, and why you would be good for the sales position.

Interview Question – none very simple because they lie to you about what the job really is and the amount of pay you will actually receive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation its 100% commission based position.

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – 3 interviews took over a month

Interview Question – Length between interviews   Answer Question

Waco, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sears in June 2009.

Interview Details – Introduce yourself to the department manager and express your interest first. If you feel the connection, then apply. This is a "good ole boy" store. If they like you and you are breathing, you're hired. Skills and experience comes second.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Sears?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was breathing and walking

Sales Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – One step process more me, met with one manager and was hired on the spot. Have heard they sometimes do two to three step interviews

Interview Question – The typical "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.