Sears

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Project Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I took a couple of test online. I did a phone interview with the District Sales Manager. He asked some basic questions and then wanted me to come in for a interview. The location for the interview was three hour away. I ask would he email me the address and he said he would. I never heard from him. The recruiter did call me back saying they still wanted to speak with me.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Project Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

it takes ages on the hiring steps

Sales Project Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Straight forward interview. We simply discussed my background and Sears Holdings Corporation. I'm not new to the industry so it was pretty simple. The job was explained. They preset the appointments you drive to them, do a presentation and close. The training is 3 weeks long. That was a bit tough because you don't make much during training but it's a good opportunity if you are willing to put in real work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in April 2013.

.Sears contacted me through social media site in March of 2013, I responded after watching a link they provided in the body of the email they sent to me. I emailed them back and they set up appointment to speak with me over phone. After that I filled out pre interview forms and was set up for a face to face interview

they offered everyone who showed up (found out later)

Sales Project Consultant Interview

Prior to a formal interview there is a phone interview that takes approxatimely 30 minutes. If you do well you will move to a meeting with the District Manager. This is a 100% commission job. If the DM likes you the job is yours. Background check and Drug test required. There is a 3 week training program (paid at minimum wage).

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a 100% commission job with no base salary?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. zero base salary, 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in January 2013.

I was recruited by a head hunter, she called and interviewed me and said the office manager would be in touch with me. It was more than a month before I finally got the phone call after I called numerous times.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very unrelated to the position. They said it would be easy to make a 6 figure salary and that you'd be home every night to be with your family.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation it is a commission only position.

Sale Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in March 2012.

The interview was conducted by the district sales manager. Sears wants to know your experience in selling. They also make the job attractive by showing you the bonus structure

Interview Questions
    the position is 100% commission after the 4 week paid training. Training pay rate is $8-9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2012.

I was contacted via email re: Sales Project Consultant . I went through some online tests which were simple. Then I was called and asked if I had time to do a pre- intervies over the phone, I said yes. The interviewer stated that I did well on the tests then asked me about 20 questions or so. Then she asked if I would be available for an "interview" on a specific day and time, I said yes. I arrived at the "interview" and the hiring manager was in a room with another interviewee, so I though he was running late. I waited one hour and 15 minutes, he never came out and neither did the other individual? I left a not at the front desk stating this and he telephoned me and said that the event was an "open house" . I stated that it was never presented to me in that way and that I had an email that stated "interview". Needless to say it was a waste of 3 hours, driving time, child care etc. It seems as though this subsidiary of Sears is a very poorly run organization. have asked to have the hiring manager's superior's contact info and it has been denied to me. I have asked for the Corporate HR manager's contact info , and I was told that they will contact me. To date, no contact from either.