Sears

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview Details – It's easy to get in the door, but it's even harder to move up. If you are not a good interviewer then you will not move up, so be prepared.

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in February 2009.

Interview Details – easy as online app/interview and hire

Interview Question – Sometimes managers will lie about commission and make it sound like you can earn 40'000 a year by giving you impossible goals that no one in the company can reach.   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple. My interview must have went pretty well since I was hired right on the spot. I wore the appropriate attire and remained confident and enthusiastic. Though I was interviewed by two different manager separately, I was still focused and answered every question the best way that I possibly could.

Interview Question – It varies. Do a little research on what the company offers to its customers.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in January 2013.

Interview Details – They give you 3 non-trivial projects to complete and submit in order to be considered

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and took a personality assessment, at the end it offered me the ability to schedule my own interview. I arrived on my schedule day and time to find out after an hour that HR was off and unable to interview me because the stores are not given that information. I was "interview" by another department manager in the waiting area that said that all sounded good and to schedule an interview with the dept manager the next day. Arrived again at the schedule time to find out that the department manager was busy and unable to interview me after waiting TWO hours! Store manager apologized and offered me the job but after the interview experience I knew that this was a company I was not interested in.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

Interview Details – After i had applied online for the cashier post advertised, i got an interview call in a day. On the day of interview i was on time and was asked to wait for sometime. After about 10 minutes i was taken to a cabin
and the interview lasted for about 20 minutes. The questions were the typical ones already posted in this site. The interviewer was asking questions from the paper he was holding and noting down the answers given by me. Finally he asked is there anything i wanted to know about the company. Overall the interview was easy and nice.

Interview Question – What was the difficult situations and how did you overcome?   View Answer

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2009.

Interview Details – I had to fight to even apply. I applied online but I was not sure how to reach out to the store that I was near me. I then went to the store and handed them a resume, approximately a week later they called me in for an interview that was scheduled later that week. I came into the interview early, and the women who was to be my immediate supervisor was dealing with a customer who was irate because he was saying sears was losing money and therefore not giving him his full discount. I was interviewed at 10:00 am, and the my supervisor was already stressed, but more to the point she had to read the questions of a sheet, word for word, (company policy). Again these questions were pretty basic, ranging from where do you see yourself in ten years, to strengths and weaknesses you might have to cite certain examples where I showed my strength, (customer service). Then after we completed the interview she told me I was not for certain hired but that if I could come back 3:00 pm and meet with my co lead, and she found me agreeable then I would be hired. My co-lead was my favorite person in the store and her interview was more personality based, simply a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Cite an example where you really exceeded at what you where doing work related, school related,....   Answer Question
  • Cite an example where you really struggled with something but you where able to overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was simple...
I said 11 would be awesome...
she said 9.5 i said 10
she said the economy is hurting retail and i said okay.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!