Sears

Very Easy Interview

Repair Services Interview

Repair Services
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2010.

Interview Details – takes long time aproximately 30 days from aplication to hiring date, they screen you based on 1.appearance2.skills3.sociality4.sales5.trustworthy they pick out who you woul let in you home.thats who they hire.drink lots of cofee before interview and ask questions they love comunicators."brown nosers"

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they try to brainwash you. you donot have room to negotioate.overtime is mandatory , mandatory 2weeks 6days no exceptions, they will not offer so in writing or disclose . managers quit after 8 months-1 year. quotas are a joke.you earn vacation after your 2nd year.start accumulating 1st years.taking days off on holidays are write ups. not after 5 years, thats if senior techs quit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in July 2011.

Interview Details – Scheduled an appointment online (I think everyone gets this chance to be honest.) They called the next day to confirm the date, which I'm glad they did because I as afraid they wouldn't know of my interview. Met on the scheduled day and time. Interviewer was pretty nice and straight-forward. I answered the questions professionally and with some stutter, did use the word "Like" a lot. She straight up told me "I'm going to go ahead and not extend a job offer for you." Didn't ask why, felt like the position was already taken. Honestly, it's probably company procedures to have an interview.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.