Sears

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in July 2011.

Scheduled an appointment online (I think everyone gets this chance to be honest.) They called the next day to confirm the date, which I'm glad they did because I as afraid they wouldn't know of my interview. Met on the scheduled day and time. Interviewer was pretty nice and straight-forward. I answered the questions professionally and with some stutter, did use the word "Like" a lot. She straight up told me "I'm going to go ahead and not extend a job offer for you." Didn't ask why, felt like the position was already taken. Honestly, it's probably company procedures to have an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to meet or exceed someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were faced with a difficult problem and how you solved it..   Answer Question
    • Do you have any previous work experience?   Answer Question

Repair Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears in November 2010.

takes long time aproximately 30 days from aplication to hiring date, they screen you based on 1.appearance2.skills3.sociality4.sales5.trustworthy they pick out who you woul let in you home.thats who they hire.drink lots of cofee before interview and ask questions they love comunicators."brown nosers"

Interview Questions
    • who do you contact in case unresolved issue   View Answer
    • what is more important asset to the company   View Answer
    they try to brainwash you. you donot have room to negotioate.overtime is mandatory , mandatory 2weeks 6days no exceptions, they will not offer so in writing or disclose . managers quit after 8 months-1 year. quotas are a joke.you earn vacation after your 2nd year.start accumulating 1st years.taking days off on holidays are write ups. not after 5 years, thats if senior techs quit.