Sears

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a long wait. Applied for the job in August, first interview in early September, was called for a second interview a month later and was finally offered a job a month after that. The job I originally applied for was not the job I was offered, I was told during the first interview that the position had been filled before they even interviewed me. Unfortunately, there is definitely a lack of organization within the company and lack of communication between corporate and actual stores. Example: I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for any position with the company about four days before getting a job offer.

Interview Question – Very typical questions. Do a search for "job interview questions" and you'll find pretty much everything they will ask you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Seasonal positions pay minimum wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in October 2009.

Interview Details – when i went in to interview, I was to see Bonnie, then the manager Mitch. Mitch was a very nice man, made you feel welcome. I didnt know it was seasonal because it was not advertised as that so Mitch told me that most likely I would stay on. Well then ended up hireing too many and I was not offerend the job even tho i was called to go in many days when there were no shows, i dont know why they got rid of me.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Seasonal Cashier interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.