Sears Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.7

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Interview for 1 hour; Two guys there, the first man was very friendly but the second was kind of rude and impolite anyway. Not sure why they would send someone with terrible communication skills and hiring knowledge. Half hour for either of them.Questions in first talk were unbelievable easy but then I met the second guy who is doing coding things in the company. Basically they use Java in Sears.

Interview Questions

• In circus people own characteristics of height and weight and can stand on other one's shoulder if lower and lighter. I was asked to find the maximum combination of this game in finite number of people. It belongs to the algorithm questions and is hard among the categories easy, medium, and hard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. There were total 2 rounds of interviews on campus. results were declared within 2 weeks of scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• Both the interviews were technical in nature. Asked me everything from my resume. Question on design, coding were asked. Java was main focus. Interview ended with few questions on SQL. Prepare oops concepts properly. Also have a refresher of your past projects in case they were done quite a time back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Hiring process apparently was pretty organized. Had 2 rounds (1 technical + 1 behavioral) on campus. In technical they started the discussion with projects that I had undertaken and later on java(mostly basic stuff). Since, I had mentioned Angular js on my resume, I was asked to write a basic MVC architecture for Angular js application. Apart from this they questioned on threads, JSP and Data Structure(pretty much the regulation questions).

Within 2 weeks they scheduled for Onsite interviews(3 technical : each 45 mins). They focussed on Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory and Observer. Apart from this they interviewed us for concepts/technologies like Database concepts(basics), Java,Threads, Angular Js and Struts. In last interview they gave scheduling problem to solve and later asked to optimize it.

Overall, it was decent interview experience. Prepare OOPS, Data Structures, Design Patterns and Algorithms. It will be good to have understanding of any framework or new javascript libraries like angular.

The HR responded back within a week with an offer. Package offered was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Everything asked was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Package offered was very competitive. Still they were open for a negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, one after another one shortly. Nothing difficult and the interviewers know what they are asking. Overall the interview quality is one of the best that I had. Still waiting for the invitation for on-site interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely easy - there was one phone interview, then I was offered the position. The recruiters hold your hand from the beginning of the process all the way through the internship.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the position, there are technical questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got the feed back from hr in a week or so. Then I had an on-campus interview. There are two rounds. Each of them is 30 minutes. I was asked some basic concept of Java as well as data structure like LinkedList. It's not very difficult but one need to be very careful to avoid mistakes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

-General questions
    -Basic data structure and algorithm questions
    -OOP questions

Interview Questions

• -Not so much, just know data structure and algorithm and oop   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, but the pay was very competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

This was for entry level position. First, I had a phone screen for 30 mins, I was asked about my projects mentioned and basic java questions. Then after a week I got my result to fly me onsite to Hoffman Estates, IL. I had four rounds onsite, two rounds were good, two were just Ok.

First round I was just asked about my experience and behavioral questions, second was quite a lot of design questions - design class for pacman game, design patterns - singleton class, some more java questions. Third round was couple of data structures and algorithms questions, along with design questions. Fourth round was out and out java theory questions, from basic stuff to garbage collectors.

I got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but I chose like a joining bonus (not sure why, but I did).

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

First 30 mins phone interview followed by In-person interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing much difficult for experienced. But basic architectural questions   1 Answer

Company is not doing great. Technology is not interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Cheats ... Do not ever go with them. They will eat all your salary

Interview Questions

• They will cheat you like no other. Do not ever trust on them. They really sucXk big time..   Answer Question