Sears Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

-General questions
-Basic data structure and algorithm questions
-OOP questions

Interview Questions
  • -Not so much, just know data structure and algorithm and oop   Answer Question
no, but the pay was very competitive

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

First 30 mins phone interview followed by In-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much difficult for experienced. But basic architectural questions   View Answer

Company is not doing great. Technology is not interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

This was for entry level position. First, I had a phone screen for 30 mins, I was asked about my projects mentioned and basic java questions. Then after a week I got my result to fly me onsite to Hoffman Estates, IL. I had four rounds onsite, two rounds were good, two were just Ok.

First round I was just asked about my experience and behavioral questions, second was quite a lot of design questions - design class for pacman game, design patterns - singleton class, some more java questions. Third round was couple of data structures and algorithms questions, along with design questions. Fourth round was out and out java theory questions, from basic stuff to garbage collectors.

I got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate, but I chose like a joining bonus (not sure why, but I did).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Cheats ... Do not ever go with them. They will eat all your salary

Interview Questions
    • They will cheat you like no other. Do not ever trust on them. They really sucXk big time..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Hoffman Est, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Est, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Spoke with Sears by phone. The technical person left early, apparently because he felt insecure. That left me to speak with the business manager who was friendly at least. However the post interview feedback was delayed and super passive aggressive. Apparently in describing open source work I'd done, the "architect" stated that I said I "knew more than him". That's reading too much into facts I was stating regarding the technology, which is so new that no one can really be a complete "expert".

Being passive aggressive on an interview doesn't look good, and means it's not a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in February 2009.

Had two phone interviews. First was with HR person, who asked me several easy technical question with one word answers [Yes, No, True, False, etc.], then had another technical phone interview. Afterwards, I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of both 1:1 interviews as well as group interviews.
    I heard back a week later that the offer was made to someone else.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!