Sears Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews...only 1 in person. Interview questions were not specific and some of the interviewers you could tell really didn't care...they were just trying to push you thru. The regional interview was the biggest joke. The district manager is not very bright. The district h.r. is incompetent.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management experience do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical low ball offer which i countered and then they countered back

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Store Manager Interview

Interview

No words to describe how horrible the process was. Thought I was interviewing for a convenience store clerk position

No interest after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, face to face interview with the district manager, a phone interview with the regional manager and a phone interview with a corporate manager (I hear it varies who you get). The biggest issue with the process was the amount of time it took to go through the interview process, then go through the offer process, then the background check, etc. From start to finish it was over three weeks by the time I finally was able to start.

Interview Questions

• No huge curve balls. Questions that are difficult for me are ones that deal with, "what are your worst qualities as a manager?" That one came from the corporate interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had one interview for a K Mart store. It was a short interview and I had to do most of the talking. The person interviewing me was playing with his phone and seemed very disinterested.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears (Detroit, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Completed an application online and had 2 phone interviews with regional vice president and president of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears (Vienna, WV) in June 2012.

Interview

Called by recruiter, emailed an accessment, received positive feedback from accessment

Interview Questions

• Received email position was filled without a face to face interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty much offered me the job after I submitted my 2 weeks notice at my current job, then renigged on their offer after I came to the store. Horrible, now I'm working for minimum wage as a sales person trying to make ends meet.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about sears?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, DM, then RVP. Drug and background

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Macomb, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I went through the interview process with SEARS Holdings Corporation and the process was pretty typical of a large corporation. The interveiw process for franchised or dealer stores is quite different. This can vary by employer. This current owner would probably have a traditional small store mentality for the interview process. I would say that as long as someone is hard working and presentable they should be able to pass the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As always the most difficult question is "What is your greatest flaw". People try to turn the flaw into an asset, which typically consists of something like "I work too hard" or some other BS answer. As a manager I would prefer a realistic flaw and a plan to overcome that flaw included in the answer so that I know the person is being real with me and has a plan to challenge themselves.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not readily able to negotiate at the time, as SEARS had a structured pay rate. I was offered a little less at first but because I was familiar with the company and it's operations I was able to show them that I knew what I was talking about and got the 'correct' hourly pay.