Sears Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, face to face interview with the district manager, a phone interview with the regional manager and a phone interview with a corporate manager (I hear it varies who you get). The biggest issue with the process was the amount of time it took to go through the interview process, then go through the offer process, then the background check, etc. From start to finish it was over three weeks by the time I finally was able to start.

Interview Questions
  • No huge curve balls. Questions that are difficult for me are ones that deal with, "what are your worst qualities as a manager?" That one came from the corporate interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Store Manager Interview

No words to describe how horrible the process was. Thought I was interviewing for a convenience store clerk position

No interest after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in January 2013.

Completed an application online and had 2 phone interviews with regional vice president and president of the company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Sears in March 2011.

DM, Regional recruiter may look at internal candidates. Interviews could be over the phone or in person.

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sears.

I had one interview for a K Mart store. It was a short interview and I had to do most of the talking. The person interviewing me was playing with his phone and seemed very disinterested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macomb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2011.

I went through the interview process with SEARS Holdings Corporation and the process was pretty typical of a large corporation. The interveiw process for franchised or dealer stores is quite different. This can vary by employer. This current owner would probably have a traditional small store mentality for the interview process. I would say that as long as someone is hard working and presentable they should be able to pass the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • As always the most difficult question is "What is your greatest flaw". People try to turn the flaw into an asset, which typically consists of something like "I work too hard" or some other BS answer. As a manager I would prefer a realistic flaw and a plan to overcome that flaw included in the answer so that I know the person is being real with me and has a plan to challenge themselves.   View Answer
    I was not readily able to negotiate at the time, as SEARS had a structured pay rate. I was offered a little less at first but because I was familiar with the company and it's operations I was able to show them that I knew what I was talking about and got the 'correct' hourly pay.

Store Manager Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in June 2011.

Interview with recruiter, DM, then RVP. Drug and background

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2011.

Initial Resume Review
    Phone Screen with Recruiter
    Live Interview with Managers/Directors
    Phone Interview with Regional HR Director
    Background and Drug Tests

Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna, WV

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Called by recruiter, emailed an accessment, received positive feedback from accessment

Interview Questions
    • Received email position was filled without a face to face interview   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!