Seaspan Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

Customs and Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

In attendance were the Human Resources Manager and the Supply Chain Director. The company and its current and future business were briefly described. We then went on discussing how my past experience could be transferred to the job at hand. The interview lasted one hour and at the end I experienced some hast to to finish it, possibly because it was lunch time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever set up procedures   1 Answer
    • Describe the different Incoterms, FCA, WXW, DAP and DDP   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan.

Interview

3 interviews with very nice people

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan in October 2011.

Interview

Initial contact and further contact with recruiter was very professional. It was a panel style interview. The people, office, and work culture were professonal but relaxed. Interview panel made me feel at ease. They were easy to talk to. The interview itself was a discussion format. Research and know the company before you interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked if you know your business.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seaspan in December 2010.

Interview

I had a written exam which was focussed mainly on shipboard machinery and ship safety and environmental pollution. After successful completion of written exam, I was interviewed by a captain which was mainly HR questions and background check. I was again interviewed by a superintendent which was technical but i found it easy. After couple of days i got shortlisted and was asked to get the medical tests done and also undergo a psychometry test.