Seattle Children's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
18 interviews

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Phone Interview then In Person Interview. They gave a tour of the research facility during the in-person interview. Said they would call within a week but did not get a notice until over a month later.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's in October 2010.

When I originally started: Apply online, MUST include a cover letter or they won't even look at it. Match key words, first round of resume filters is done by computer.

I was able to negotiate more money hourly, but did not try to negotiate anything else.

Health Promotion Specialist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Was in the system at SCRI as an intern and applied internally. Process was done in less than a week; drug test was required within 10-14 days or so of accepting job offer. Helps if you have someone you know already in the system to refer you - networking is highly recommended.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, salary was already pre-determined. Mileage reimbursement was available since position required travel.

Credentialing Data Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Very typical - phone interview. one inperson interview and an offer the next day. Questions were standard. lots of 'please give us an example when you...' types of questions.
    Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Second interview was with a small panel. this was not difficult but was not expected.
      in the time that i have been here i have seen many people hired. its seems like on average the process taken much longer then what i experianced.
        Answer Question
    Not given the oppertunity for negotation.

Research Associate Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview

Surgery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

interviewed at Seattle Children's in October 2012.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview with department supervisor and manager

Principal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

My interview began when a division chief asked: "how hold are you and how large is your family". A week before I was to start, $150K had mysteriously disappeared. Peers around my hiring manager didn't know a new faculty member was being onboarded.

Interview Questions
    • Describe where your successful NIH-funded research program will be in 5 years.   Answer Question
    Negotiate everything in writing: salary, total compensation, type of retirement packet, being an employee of the hospital or of the Univ ow Washington, parking spot, startup funds, how long start funds will last, number of vacation days, number of study days, job security through tenure, which yes does exist at the Research Insitute; be prepared for President of Institute to deny and backtrack on verbal promises - get in writing. Do not negotiate with him alone-- include Chair of Dept of UW Pediatrics for your cover.

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Did not have a phone interview. I was called for an in-person interview. It was very laid back and casual. They said they will inform me if I am selected for the next round. Haven't heard from since then.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very casual and related to my past work experience   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

After applying, I received a phone call from HR to schedule an interview. The first part was a peer-interview, where I met 5 current RNs and the unit educator and they asked me fairly standard interview questions. This was intimidating, but overall beneficial because I could get a sense right away if I would enjoy working on the unit. After the 45 minute peer interview, I had a one-on-one interview with the unit manager, who explained more of what the position entails and asked me more standard interview questions. I then waited for about a week before receiving a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very basic interview questions. During the peer interview I was asked, "what would you do if a family complained to you about another nurse?", and also "tell me about a time you were involved in a conflict with a peer and how did you handle it?". Those types of questions were expected, but can be difficult to answer if you don't have a specific experience in mind to talk about.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seattle Children's in September 2012.

I first had a phone interview with one of the recruiters then I was invited to a group/panel style interview that lasted about an hour. After this process I was called in to do a 1:1 with each person I would be supporting. Nice people, committed to the hospital's mission. The environment is really positive and the people are genuine.

Offer/Counter/Accepted

Worked for Seattle Children's? Contribute to the Community!