Seattle Children's

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's in October 2010.

Interview Details – When I originally started: Apply online, MUST include a cover letter or they won't even look at it. Match key words, first round of resume filters is done by computer.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate more money hourly, but did not try to negotiate anything else.

Health Promotion Specialist Interview

Health Promotion Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview Details – Was in the system at SCRI as an intern and applied internally. Process was done in less than a week; drug test was required within 10-14 days or so of accepting job offer. Helps if you have someone you know already in the system to refer you - networking is highly recommended.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, salary was already pre-determined. Mileage reimbursement was available since position required travel.

Credentialing Data Specialist Interview

Credentialing Data Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview Details – Very typical - phone interview. one inperson interview and an offer the next day. Questions were standard. lots of 'please give us an example when you...' types of questions.
Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Second interview was with a small panel. this was not difficult but was not expected.
in the time that i have been here i have seen many people hired. its seems like on average the process taken much longer then what i experianced.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not given the oppertunity for negotation.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at Seattle Children's

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Surgery Coordinator Interview

Surgery Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Seattle Children's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interview with department supervisor and manager

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict   Answer Question

Principal Investigator Interview

Principal Investigator
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview Details – My interview began when a division chief asked: "how hold are you and how large is your family". A week before I was to start, $150K had mysteriously disappeared. Peers around my hiring manager didn't know a new faculty member was being onboarded.

Interview Question – Describe where your successful NIH-funded research program will be in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate everything in writing: salary, total compensation, type of retirement packet, being an employee of the hospital or of the Univ ow Washington, parking spot, startup funds, how long start funds will last, number of vacation days, number of study days, job security through tenure, which yes does exist at the Research Insitute; be prepared for President of Institute to deny and backtrack on verbal promises - get in writing. Do not negotiate with him alone-- include Chair of Dept of UW Pediatrics for your cover.

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Clinical Research Associate I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview Details – Did not have a phone interview. I was called for an in-person interview. It was very laid back and casual. They said they will inform me if I am selected for the next round. Haven't heard from since then.

Interview Question – Questions were very casual and related to my past work experience   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a phone call from HR to schedule an interview. The first part was a peer-interview, where I met 5 current RNs and the unit educator and they asked me fairly standard interview questions. This was intimidating, but overall beneficial because I could get a sense right away if I would enjoy working on the unit. After the 45 minute peer interview, I had a one-on-one interview with the unit manager, who explained more of what the position entails and asked me more standard interview questions. I then waited for about a week before receiving a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very basic interview questions. During the peer interview I was asked, "what would you do if a family complained to you about another nurse?", and also "tell me about a time you were involved in a conflict with a peer and how did you handle it?". Those types of questions were expected, but can be difficult to answer if you don't have a specific experience in mind to talk about.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seattle Children's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with one of the recruiters then I was invited to a group/panel style interview that lasted about an hour. After this process I was called in to do a 1:1 with each person I would be supporting. Nice people, committed to the hospital's mission. The environment is really positive and the people are genuine.

Interview Question – NONE, standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer/Counter/Accepted

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Seattle Children's

Interview Details – Phone interview; interview loop with 5 individuals

Interview Question – What's the last business book you've read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer, counter, acceptance

Worked for Seattle Children's? Contribute to the Community!