Seattle Genetics

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RA III Interview

RA III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Genetics.

Interview Details – I had had interviews with other major biotech companies which lasted over 4 hours each, so the ~1 hour interview that I had at Seattle Genetics was wonderfully refreshing. I was offered the position on the spot and just had to wait a couple of weeks for checks and references to make it final. The questions were straightforward and some were a repeat of the phone interview: tell us a bit about yourself, what did you do in the last lab you were in, etc. Also, questions such as: do you prefer working in a team or alone, what do you know about our company, and other run of the mill questions. If you haven't been working for a while be prepared to say how you have been keeping up your skills.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go from working in an academia to industry.   View Answer

Drug Safety Specialist Interview

Drug Safety Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Seattle Genetics in December 2013.

Interview Details – It is the worst interview i have attended a hr has called me regarding the position and we had discussion for 25 min and then they have not contacted me or updated me regarding the position even when i have been asking them continuously .It is the worst company even if they would have offered a job i would have rejected.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Seattle Genetics.

Interview Details – So the interview process is pretty straight forward.
1. The phone screening with HR.
2. The phone screening with the Hiring manager.
3. The in-person interview with the Hiring manager, followed by 6 of your future co-workers, HR Manager, and finally the Hiring Manager again. This makes for a pretty long day, but it's actually really nice to get to meet your future potential coworkers.

Everyone was extremely pleasant and seemed to really love their job and appreciate the service they were providing to patients. I really respected that. I was able to ask many questions about the position, not the silly formulaic questions, but real questions about people's perceptions and feelings, and for the most part they were positive. Sometimes it's hard to get people to speak candidly with you, but I was able to elicit some pretty honest answers, so I have realistic expectations.

The tour of the lab was awesome. They have a brand new lab that and person who is interested in bio-pharmaceuticals will absolutely love.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty common

1. Describe yourself.
2. How do you handle conflict.
3. Describe a problem you solved.
4. Greatest Accomplishment.
5. Greatest weakness.

Just be prepared to answer the above questions with every person. So, I would recommend going in with atleast 4 or 5 answers to those questions so that you don't get bored of saying the same thing, and it will be more fun for them when they meet and talk about you, because each interviewer will have a fun and interesting perspective of you.
  Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Seattle Genetics in January 2010.

Interview Details – A lot of people interview you. Most people who work there appear stressed out and tense. They ask silly questions during the interview. The people seem unsure of themselves and their jobs. Do not appear to respect people.

Interview Question – They ask minute details about what you did--almost irrelevant stuff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate.

Worked for Seattle Genetics? Contribute to the Community!