Seattle Times Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2014
5 interviews

2.3

Web Producer Interview

Expect a paper application, followed by phone or Skype interviews, and then an in-person interview. The process can be very long: 2 months or longer. The in-person interview is a full-day affair, but you'll get to meet what feels like everyone in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd handle specific news events.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Seattle Times.

Applied online. Received an email a couple days later asking if I would be willing to take a drug test, background check, etc. A couple days after that I was asked for a phone interview with someone in HR. Couple days after that interview, I was asked for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Two days later I was asked for a second in person interview with members of the marketing team. Less then a week I was given the offer.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Seattle Times in September 2010.

I had a phone screen and in person with a VP, then a group interview with 2 peers, one of whom didn't show up. I was hired for a 3 month contract and then converted to full-time.

Interview Questions
    I set my minimum and they came back at it. I countered for more vacation time and got it.

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Times in March 2012.

Initial phone interview with HR. Friendly and professional. Basic interview questions. HR didn't know anything about the job or department.

In-person interview was with the new marketing manager and the marketing manager who was leaving the position. Not as friendly. Very specific questions relating to marketing and branding.

Interview Questions
    • Most of their questions relate to your resume and job history.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Times.

A good interview process - you get to meet with a lot of different people and get a feel for the place. For management positions there is an personality and IQ test.

Pretty normal.

Worked for Seattle Times? Contribute to the Community!