Seattle Times

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Seattle Times in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen and in person with a VP, then a group interview with 2 peers, one of whom didn't show up. I was hired for a 3 month contract and then converted to full-time.

Interview Question – don't remember any hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I set my minimum and they came back at it. I countered for more vacation time and got it.

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Times in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR. Friendly and professional. Basic interview questions. HR didn't know anything about the job or department.

In-person interview was with the new marketing manager and the marketing manager who was leaving the position. Not as friendly. Very specific questions relating to marketing and branding.

Interview Question – Most of their questions relate to your resume and job history.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle Times.

Interview Details – A good interview process - you get to meet with a lot of different people and get a feel for the place. For management positions there is an personality and IQ test.

Interview Question – I don't recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty normal.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Seattle Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle Times interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seattle Times employees and interview candidates.