Seattle University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014
8 interviews

2.7

Communications Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Seattle University.

An application is submitted through the HR website. They took about a month to respond. A brief phone interview -- about 30 minutes took place. I then heard back about a day later that I had been selected for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 3 hours and involved group and individual sessions with would-be coworkers, supervisor, director, and other university employees.

Interview Questions
    • Name one of your biggest career mistakes. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate. They offered me the higher end of the salary range posted.

Women's Head Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Seattle University in September 2010.

Hiring was done entirely through the Club Team Officers with a very minor and informal paperwork session done on campus.

Interview Questions
    • A situational question about what I would do if two different groups of athletes were in trouble and were equal distance from me.   View Answer
    Negotiation was short and limited as I knew that any money I received as a coach was coming directly from the athletes and their fundraising efforts.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in January 2013.

Interview was conducted over the phone over the course of an hour. I spoke with a shift supervisor and an assistant director. Questions ranged from previous experience to role playing potential scenarios. They're looking for people that can be cool under extreme pressure (most extreme scenario: some one has a firearm) but is also okay with the monotony of patrolling a small campus in the middle of the night.

Interview Questions
    • "How to you destress? There are some fairly stressful situations on the job and there usually is no warning about how often they occur, when they occur, or what they might be."   View Answer
    If you intend to use your perk of taking free classes, try to negotiate to be on a shift where it is possible to take the classes you would like to take.

Temp Custodian Interview

Process took 2 days. Interviewed in June, applied online and got an interview the next day.

No negotiation

Family Engagement Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Seattle University.

Phone panel

Interview Questions
    • It was hard to gain rapport on a phone with interviewees for this position.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in November 2011.

1. Fill out and submit an application
    2. Interview appointment

This is an on campus job so the process was pretty simple. I filled out an application available at the front desk of the office then submited it at the front desk. The following week I received an interview appointment. I realized from the email that the environment was pretty casual. On the day of interview, however, i dress semi formal. My boss was dressing business casually. She was very friendly and we talked about how I can use my teaching ability to help other students with their academic goals.

Interview Questions
    • If a tutee was having a bad day and was mad and crying, what would you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Seattle University.

For academic jobs, that process is fairly traditional. For staff jobs, much of the questions will explore your awareness and commitment to the university mission.

Interview Questions
    • Be careful about questions exploring how you might change things because the interviewers may or may not want change.   Answer Question

Better play elsewhere.

Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in May 2012.

It was a 30 minute interview. They asked me the general questions about myself, advising style, goals and the populations i have worked with. There were four interviewers. Everyone was very friendly. I even was able to receive feedback on my interview from one of the interviewers and I usually never get feedback when I ask.
    They were also very prompt with telling me I did not get the offer and I appreciate that. I think it was less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience working with special populations?   Answer Question

Worked for Seattle University? Contribute to the Community!