Seattle University

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Coordinator Interview

Communications Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview Details – An application is submitted through the HR website. They took about a month to respond. A brief phone interview -- about 30 minutes took place. I then heard back about a day later that I had been selected for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 3 hours and involved group and individual sessions with would-be coworkers, supervisor, director, and other university employees.

Interview Question – Name one of your biggest career mistakes. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I chose not to negotiate. They offered me the higher end of the salary range posted.

Women's Head Coach Interview

Women's Head Coach
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Seattle University in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was done entirely through the Club Team Officers with a very minor and informal paperwork session done on campus.

Interview Question – A situational question about what I would do if two different groups of athletes were in trouble and were equal distance from me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was short and limited as I knew that any money I received as a coach was coming directly from the athletes and their fundraising efforts.

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted over the phone over the course of an hour. I spoke with a shift supervisor and an assistant director. Questions ranged from previous experience to role playing potential scenarios. They're looking for people that can be cool under extreme pressure (most extreme scenario: some one has a firearm) but is also okay with the monotony of patrolling a small campus in the middle of the night.

Interview Question – "How to you destress? There are some fairly stressful situations on the job and there usually is no warning about how often they occur, when they occur, or what they might be."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you intend to use your perk of taking free classes, try to negotiate to be on a shift where it is possible to take the classes you would like to take.

Temp Custodian Interview

Temp Custodian

Interviewed at Seattle University

Interview Details – Process took 2 days. Interviewed in June, applied online and got an interview the next day.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Basic interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Family Engagement Manager Interview

Family Engagement Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview Details – Phone panel

Interview Question – It was hard to gain rapport on a phone with interviewees for this position.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Fill out and submit an application
2. Interview appointment

This is an on campus job so the process was pretty simple. I filled out an application available at the front desk of the office then submited it at the front desk. The following week I received an interview appointment. I realized from the email that the environment was pretty casual. On the day of interview, however, i dress semi formal. My boss was dressing business casually. She was very friendly and we talked about how I can use my teaching ability to help other students with their academic goals.

Interview Question – If a tutee was having a bad day and was mad and crying, what would you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Seattle University.

Interview Details – For academic jobs, that process is fairly traditional. For staff jobs, much of the questions will explore your awareness and commitment to the university mission.

Interview Question – Be careful about questions exploring how you might change things because the interviewers may or may not want change.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better play elsewhere.

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seattle University in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute interview. They asked me the general questions about myself, advising style, goals and the populations i have worked with. There were four interviewers. Everyone was very friendly. I even was able to receive feedback on my interview from one of the interviewers and I usually never get feedback when I ask.
They were also very prompt with telling me I did not get the offer and I appreciate that. I think it was less than a week.

Interview Question – What is your experience working with special populations?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Seattle University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle University interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seattle University employees and interview candidates.