Seattle's Best Coffee

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cafe Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Industry-standard scripted questions (should be pretty easy to find online, same as Starbucks from what I understand). Email and telephone communications with district manager. After third interview was a hiring meeting with district manager and franchise owner. Negotiated salary, bonus structure, other compensation, etc. All communications were likely scripted but did not feel canned or unnatural.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty standard and expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary, bonus pay, paid vacation and benefits.

Barista Interview

Barista
Pearl Harbor, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the cafe manager and once she approved me I met with the district manager to be interviewed. Lots of questions about customer service and skills I had.

Interview Question – If you saw a coworker making a drink incorrectly, what would you do?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wanted to pay me minimum wage even though I had experience doing the same job for a different company.

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Barista Interview

Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee in April 2013.

Interview Details – After 1 week of handing my resume on the store they scheduled me for an interview. On the day itself of the interview they informed me that it will be moved on the next day. On the resched interview they called me saying that I will be interview in another branch.

After about 2 hours they contacted me asking for some personal details and then sent me the training details.

Reason for Declining – I'm still a student and the training would be for 2 weeks (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm). I have no classes form Sunday-Wednesday but I can't be absent on my school days which is thurs and friday.

I asked if I can just do make-up training but they said that the policy no absents during training.

Barista Interview

Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee in June 2008.

Interview Details – personal background check, educational attainment, experiences, certificates. there is one on one interview with the store manager which will test your capability to listen properly and how you speak? second interview will be on area manager

Interview Question – only i dont have background before on food and beverages which they asked me if i can handle the job if they will hire me   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Seattle's Best Coffee? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle's Best Coffee interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seattle's Best Coffee employees and interview candidates.