Second City

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second City

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Second City in June 2010.

After you have gone into the theater, walked up the stairs to talk to the person at the box office, received an application, and then applied; you might receive a call within a week and a half if they are hiring. You will return to the same place for your interview and head into the back offices kept locked behind a code locked door. The interview will take place in the hiring managers office.

Interview Questions
    • Most likely if you're having the interview you will get the job as long as you're presentable and not obviously crazy. The main questions here are time availability, and food or serving experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Box Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Second City in February 2010.

Interviewed for a box office manager position. I was asked about my experience. The most memorable question was what my favorite book was. After the interview I was hired as a part time box office customer service representative. A year in I was asked by manager to take on a manager shift from time to time. The next year I was promoted to a part-time assistant box office manager.

Interview Questions
    Initially I was unable to negotiate, the terms were set on there end as a part-time hourly worker. As I've worked my way up I have been able to negotiate but have yet to earn full-time benefits and a salary.