Second Cup

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – I sent an email on kijiji and i received a reply asking me to go to the cafe the next following day. Had an interview with the manager, usual basic questions, experience, past job and responsibilities. Took about 20 minutes interview, I was told there will be 2 more interviews but when i got home 2 hours after i receive a call for a job offer right away, said they liked me alot.

Interview Question – Nothing, all are very basic, usual job interview questions.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup in May 2013.

Interview Details – (This might have only applied to the one I applied to) Very laid back, chill interview. The interviewer wanted to see and know what my interests were, my experience, and all to see whether I would get along with other co-workers and be able to handle working under stressed environment at times because company can get busy.

Interview Question – Why did you choose "us"/Second Cup?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Second Cup

Interview Details – Applied in person,

Had an interview, offered position one day later, did require references.

Interview was typical customer service questions, how to deal with tough customers, strengths and weaknesses, team work.

Asked what you knew about company, so research a little first

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Interview Details – Ask for the manager, and only hand it into the manager. Be friendly and open minded. You have to persuade the interviewer that you'll be a friendly staff to coworkers and customers. Be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Mean customers, or angry customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations about pay. Start off with base pay. Pay increases only after you obtain Batista status.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Interview Details – Typical retail interview. Involved some simple behavioural questions. Just google any "job interview preparation" tutorial for tips on how to do well. Just study about the company a bit and don't be an idiot.

Interview Question – Uhhh it was retail. Asked some service industry related questions (despite me never working in the industry before) which I got wrong, but they were more looking for the problem solving process and not the correct answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent. It was retail.

Interviewed at Second Cup

Interview Details – the interview process was very laid back, manager spent time getting to know their employee interests and background.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup in April 2011.

Interview Details – The process is short, and you are usually interviewed by the franchise owner but it might be the store manager if they have one. They ask you about any previous coffee shop experience, should you have any, especially if you have already worked at a Second Cup. They will ask you about how to deal with customers. Keeping the store clean and orderly. Basic interview questions on dealing with conflict, and work personalities in general. You will definitely be asked about what your favorite Second Cup drink is. They will pick one of the drink types and you have to tell them. Know the menu. Also will ask you how to properly make drinks if you are already a barista who has completed their training.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Second Cup drink?   Answer Question

Barista

The process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup in January 2010.

Interview Details – I gave my resume and I got phone call from second cup that I need to be interviewed.
So we made an appointment.

Interview Question – What strength do you have to work this environment?   Answer Question

Barista

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Second Cup in August 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview first to verify my availabilities and my language communications skills in french and english. after real interview at the store with the manager, usual questions of experience, my knowledge etc. Hiring was done by phone 2 weeks after the interview, training started 3 days after that.

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer says that he doesnt like his drink and wants to be refund after tasting it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second Cup

Worked for Second Cup? Contribute to the Community!