Second Cup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.0

Cashier and Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Second Cup.

Simple and easy, was employed at a store owned by my manager, and was able to take a position in his staff at second cup, interview was minimal having already worked with him.

Interview Questions
    • Memorizing drinks, and knowing existing ones was difficult (not my scene)   Answer Question

Cashier and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Second Cup.

The questions were very basic, got interview from a kijiji ad, filled out application at cafe, spoke to owner for about an hour. At the end they told me to come for an OJE in a week, after that I was hired. The interview was easy, but I suggest awnser honestly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were as found on this site, one was about pay though it said "If tims and Starbucks both pay you 20 dollars and I pay 10 which one will you go for" answer honeslty   View Answer
    I did not negoicate.

Barista and Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup.

I submitted my cv in store and was hired on the spot due to many years of experience in customer service.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Second Cup.

I sent an email on kijiji and i received a reply asking me to go to the cafe the next following day. Had an interview with the manager, usual basic questions, experience, past job and responsibilities. Took about 20 minutes interview, I was told there will be 2 more interviews but when i got home 2 hours after i receive a call for a job offer right away, said they liked me alot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, all are very basic, usual job interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier and Baristaa Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Second Cup.

Very simple questions. Basics.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Second Cup.

I printed out an application and handed it in to the manager. They didn't say they were hiring, just accepting applications. A week after they called for an interview. It was a one on one with the manager. She asked basic questions like describe myself, why second cup, situational questions and we chatted. It was very chill, she started gossiping and a bit of complaining of the other employees... She told me she interviewed two other people for two open spots. She told me the boss would call me the next day for a phone interview but I never got it. A few days later I called to follow up and they said they're still interviewing.... and I'm still waiting for a call.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup in May 2013.

(This might have only applied to the one I applied to) Very laid back, chill interview. The interviewer wanted to see and know what my interests were, my experience, and all to see whether I would get along with other co-workers and be able to handle working under stressed environment at times because company can get busy.

Applied in person,

Had an interview, offered position one day later, did require references.

Interview was typical customer service questions, how to deal with tough customers, strengths and weaknesses, team work.

Asked what you knew about company, so research a little first

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Ask for the manager, and only hand it into the manager. Be friendly and open minded. You have to persuade the interviewer that you'll be a friendly staff to coworkers and customers. Be enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations about pay. Start off with base pay. Pay increases only after you obtain Batista status.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Typical retail interview. Involved some simple behavioural questions. Just google any "job interview preparation" tutorial for tips on how to do well. Just study about the company a bit and don't be an idiot.

Interview Questions
    • Uhhh it was retail. Asked some service industry related questions (despite me never working in the industry before) which I got wrong, but they were more looking for the problem solving process and not the correct answer.   View Answer
    Non existent. It was retail.

Worked for Second Cup? Contribute to the Community!