Second Cup Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Cashier and Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Second Cup (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview, they just wanted to know if I was willing to learn and work. I came back the next day and told them I was ready. Second Cup isn't as professional as Starbucks though, at least for what I've seen. I think that you should present yourself and insist on talking to the manager directly. Don't let them tell you: "we'll call you soon" if you don't find the manager ask the other baristas when can you find him/her. Never wait for them to call you because they have dozens of CV's on a table and when you give yours, they just pour it on top of the others. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They just ask for availability and willingness to work.   1 Answer

Cashier and Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

Simple and easy, was employed at a store owned by my manager, and was able to take a position in his staff at second cup, interview was minimal having already worked with him.

Interview Questions

• Memorizing drinks, and knowing existing ones was difficult (not my scene)   Answer Question

Cashier and Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The questions were very basic, got interview from a kijiji ad, filled out application at cafe, spoke to owner for about an hour. At the end they told me to come for an OJE in a week, after that I was hired. The interview was easy, but I suggest awnser honestly.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were as found on this site, one was about pay though it said "If tims and Starbucks both pay you 20 dollars and I pay 10 which one will you go for" answer honeslty   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negoicate.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Submit Resume, Phone call. They then got me in for an interview. There were two people interviewing me - the head barista and the assistant manager. The interview went for around 10 minutes. I was also given the opportunity to make a couple of coffees with their espresso machine to demonstrate my level of understanding.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

I submitted my cv in store and was hired on the spot due to many years of experience in customer service.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to be paid.   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

I sent an email on kijiji and i received a reply asking me to go to the cafe the next following day. Had an interview with the manager, usual basic questions, experience, past job and responsibilities. Took about 20 minutes interview, I was told there will be 2 more interviews but when i got home 2 hours after i receive a call for a job offer right away, said they liked me alot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, all are very basic, usual job interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier and Baristaa Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

Very simple questions. Basics.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

I printed out an application and handed it in to the manager. They didn't say they were hiring, just accepting applications. A week after they called for an interview. It was a one on one with the manager. She asked basic questions like describe myself, why second cup, situational questions and we chatted. It was very chill, she started gossiping and a bit of complaining of the other employees... She told me she interviewed two other people for two open spots. She told me the boss would call me the next day for a phone interview but I never got it. A few days later I called to follow up and they said they're still interviewing.... and I'm still waiting for a call.

Barista Interview

Interview

Applied in person, Had an interview, offered position one day later, did require references. Interview was typical customer service questions, how to deal with tough customers, strengths and weaknesses, team work. Asked what you knew about company, so research a little first

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

(This might have only applied to the one I applied to) Very laid back, chill interview. The interviewer wanted to see and know what my interests were, my experience, and all to see whether I would get along with other co-workers and be able to handle working under stressed environment at times because company can get busy.