Second Cup

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier and Barista Interview

Cashier and Barista

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – Simple and easy, was employed at a store owned by my manager, and was able to take a position in his staff at second cup, interview was minimal having already worked with him.

Interview Question – Memorizing drinks, and knowing existing ones was difficult (not my scene)   Answer Question

Cashier and Barista Interview

Cashier and Barista
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – The questions were very basic, got interview from a kijiji ad, filled out application at cafe, spoke to owner for about an hour. At the end they told me to come for an OJE in a week, after that I was hired. The interview was easy, but I suggest awnser honestly.

Interview Question – Most questions were as found on this site, one was about pay though it said "If tims and Starbucks both pay you 20 dollars and I pay 10 which one will you go for" answer honeslty   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negoicate.

Barista and Supervisor Interview

Barista and Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – I submitted my cv in store and was hired on the spot due to many years of experience in customer service.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to be paid.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – I sent an email on kijiji and i received a reply asking me to go to the cafe the next following day. Had an interview with the manager, usual basic questions, experience, past job and responsibilities. Took about 20 minutes interview, I was told there will be 2 more interviews but when i got home 2 hours after i receive a call for a job offer right away, said they liked me alot.

Interview Question – Nothing, all are very basic, usual job interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier and Baristaa Interview

Cashier and Baristaa

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – Very simple questions. Basics.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview Details – I printed out an application and handed it in to the manager. They didn't say they were hiring, just accepting applications. A week after they called for an interview. It was a one on one with the manager. She asked basic questions like describe myself, why second cup, situational questions and we chatted. It was very chill, she started gossiping and a bit of complaining of the other employees... She told me she interviewed two other people for two open spots. She told me the boss would call me the next day for a phone interview but I never got it. A few days later I called to follow up and they said they're still interviewing.... and I'm still waiting for a call.

Interview Question – Why second cup? Why not Starbucks, Tim Hortons etc...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Second Cup in May 2013.

Interview Details – (This might have only applied to the one I applied to) Very laid back, chill interview. The interviewer wanted to see and know what my interests were, my experience, and all to see whether I would get along with other co-workers and be able to handle working under stressed environment at times because company can get busy.

Interview Question – Why did you choose "us"/Second Cup?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Second Cup

Interview Details – Applied in person,

Had an interview, offered position one day later, did require references.

Interview was typical customer service questions, how to deal with tough customers, strengths and weaknesses, team work.

Asked what you knew about company, so research a little first

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Interview Details – Ask for the manager, and only hand it into the manager. Be friendly and open minded. You have to persuade the interviewer that you'll be a friendly staff to coworkers and customers. Be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Mean customers, or angry customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations about pay. Start off with base pay. Pay increases only after you obtain Batista status.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Second Cup in June 2009.

Interview Details – Typical retail interview. Involved some simple behavioural questions. Just google any "job interview preparation" tutorial for tips on how to do well. Just study about the company a bit and don't be an idiot.

Interview Question – Uhhh it was retail. Asked some service industry related questions (despite me never working in the industry before) which I got wrong, but they were more looking for the problem solving process and not the correct answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent. It was retail.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second Cup

Worked for Second Cup? Contribute to the Community!