Second Cup

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.0

Cashier and Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Second Cup.

Simple and easy, was employed at a store owned by my manager, and was able to take a position in his staff at second cup, interview was minimal having already worked with him.

Interview Questions
    • Memorizing drinks, and knowing existing ones was difficult (not my scene)   Answer Question

Cashier and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Second Cup.

The questions were very basic, got interview from a kijiji ad, filled out application at cafe, spoke to owner for about an hour. At the end they told me to come for an OJE in a week, after that I was hired. The interview was easy, but I suggest awnser honestly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were as found on this site, one was about pay though it said "If tims and Starbucks both pay you 20 dollars and I pay 10 which one will you go for" answer honeslty   View Answer
    I did not negoicate.

Barista and Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Second Cup.

I submitted my cv in store and was hired on the spot due to many years of experience in customer service.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Second Cup.

I sent an email on kijiji and i received a reply asking me to go to the cafe the next following day. Had an interview with the manager, usual basic questions, experience, past job and responsibilities. Took about 20 minutes interview, I was told there will be 2 more interviews but when i got home 2 hours after i receive a call for a job offer right away, said they liked me alot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, all are very basic, usual job interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier and Baristaa Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Second Cup.

Very simple questions. Basics.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Second Cup.

I printed out an application and handed it in to the manager. They didn't say they were hiring, just accepting applications. A week after they called for an interview. It was a one on one with the manager. She asked basic questions like describe myself, why second cup, situational questions and we chatted. It was very chill, she started gossiping and a bit of complaining of the other employees... She told me she interviewed two other people for two open spots. She told me the boss would call me the next day for a phone interview but I never got it. A few days later I called to follow up and they said they're still interviewing.... and I'm still waiting for a call.

Applied in person,

Had an interview, offered position one day later, did require references.

Interview was typical customer service questions, how to deal with tough customers, strengths and weaknesses, team work.

Asked what you knew about company, so research a little first

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Second Cup in May 2013.

(This might have only applied to the one I applied to) Very laid back, chill interview. The interviewer wanted to see and know what my interests were, my experience, and all to see whether I would get along with other co-workers and be able to handle working under stressed environment at times because company can get busy.

Barista Interview

the interview process was very laid back, manager spent time getting to know their employee interests and background.

Sales Associate Interview

I was referred by a friend that I go to school with when a new store opened up and they were hiring. I had a short interview with the manager opening the store up. He asked about my interests and seemed to simply want to get to know me. I was offered the job on the spot.