Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon.com Software Development Manager Interview Question

I interviewed in Chennai (India) and was asked:
"Second Round Questions (3-4 year Exp Software Engineer took the interview for SDM position(for a Guy with 12 years Exp).This guy had lot attitude I felt and basically was not even listening the answer. I believe for higher management position they should sincerely not allow this kind of LEADERS to take the interview) Given Single LinkedList with Next and Random pointer. Write a function to duplicate this.Overall this interview lasted for 45 minutes"
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Software Development Manager Interview Review - one of 4,652 Amazon.com Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Straight Forward initially solved with Extra space . I was asked to Solve for reducing the O(N) and Space. Did that too ,But that guy was not in position to listen the answer.Anyways I felt I could have done little better and end up with some immature interviewer who was not keen to select from start itself. Amazon better select the proper interviewers and depending upon position for which interview is happening send the appropriate person. 3 year fresher interviewing 12 years SDM . Definitely lack of maturity!!!!
- Interview Candidate on Apr 24, 2012