Second Sight

Updated Sep 18, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second Sight

Product Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Second Sight.

2 Phone Interviews with R&D engineers. Then one onsite interview with director of R&D and Product Development. After phone interview process too 3 weeks until onsite interview.

Phone Interview consisted of behavioral questions, past experiences, classes I've taken, what Im interested. On site interview consisted of technical questions (stresses and strains, basic dynamics, using solid works).

Interview Questions
    • R&D engineer handed me an allen key and told me to make a SW model of it in 5 minutes. Not too hard if you know your stuff.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation phase. They let me know if a week that I got the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Second Sight.

Interview at Second Sight is long and challenging. Interview process include detail technical questions. A good candidate should have at least the following:
    1. Demonstrate the fundamental understanding of a subject matter.
    2. Ability to articulate and explain past technical experience. Getting into the detail will be important.
    3. Demonstrate ability to perform hands on work is important.
    4. Do expect brain teaser question. The credit is not on getting it right but to evaluate the thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the center gravity of the table in this meeting room.   Answer Question

QE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Second Sight in May 2013.

A whole day onsite interview process with various people from diff departments including Quality, R&D, Manufacturing.
    Mostly asked from what I have written down in your resume.
    Asked questions related to QA MRB review for NCMR products, receiving inspection, SPC charts. Also was asked hypothetical cases and asked what kind of SPC charts you would use and how you would determine a shift in the process, what kind of data is required to have statistically valid interpretation.

Interview Questions
    • For a statistical question you get data and are asked to interpret it.   View Answers (2)

Pay / compensation was not very attractive even though the benefits were attractive.