SecurAmerica

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Groveport, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in March 2014.

Interview Details – I came in the next day after I got a phone call to full out paper work and take a drug test. Then the following week I started my first day on the job.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SecurAmerica in September 2013.

Interview Details – Easy

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I stated what i expected and they quickly met them.

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in July 2013.

Interview Details – replied to posting got called for interview. Went to the interview filled out long application and discussed the positions available.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in December 2012.

Interview Details – Process has been a great experience. Their recruiter, Nav, reached out for me and had a very pleasant phone interview. Waiting to hear back... Good or bad, he is a great ambassador for their company.

Interview Question – My salary requirements. Being in the sales industry, salaries fluctuate based on commission structure. So it is difficult to answer and did not want to go to high.. Turns out I answered the question well.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in February 2012.

Interview Details – I replied to an ad on craigslist for security officer. Secur America calls me the next day and we schedule an interview. Despite having an interview schedule at 10am ( I arrived at 9:45) they asked me to fill out an application. Which asked for previous work experience and education etc. The application also required you to complete a short essay of "Legendary Service" what it means to you and how would you go about providing that. So after completeing the application I met with the HR director for 15 minutes. We went over my resume, I have 4 years experience in security from a job I quit after school but I needed extra cash so there I was. The Hr manager was nice and put me in touch with 2 account managers. I was hired that day (Friday). Attended orientation the foloowing Tuesday and was training at a site on Friday.

All in all, ok company. New to the area just starting to come up. The only issue I had so far was it took 3 weeks for me to get my first check do to my account manager forgetting to log my hours in payroll. Other than that, regular run of the mill security company.

Interview Question – Completing a short essay on "Legendary Service" was the most unexpected thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes I kind of negotiated. I just started high and got worked down. I knew the average hourly rate for security started a few bucks hire and then the hr manager offered me something higher than the average so I took it.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with 7 other people (trying to get the same job) at the same time. it was very informal, like sitting around and BSing the whole time. It took them about a month to tell me i got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Security Officwe Interview

Security Officwe
Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at SecurAmerica in March 2010.

Interview Details – The security team really needed officers, so I was hired during my interview. I was told about the job (i.e.: answering phone calls, signing in visitors and employees, cc monitoring, patrolling) and that I will need to be CLEET certified within a few months. I said the job sounded great and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Would you enjoy monitoring the buildings activites to deter theft and keep employees safe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told up front that their base pay was $8.75, and that after my 90 day review I'd receive a $0.25 bonus. The base pay has only recently changed to $9.00, so now after my review I'll be making $9.25

Worked for SecurAmerica? Contribute to the Community!