SecurAmerica Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I called to ask about their job opportunities and they called me in the same day for an interview, and few hours later i was on a site working with no training and no knowledge of the environment. THey just needed a body for the site.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a Class D Security License   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Groveport, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I came in the next day after I got a phone call to full out paper work and take a drug test. Then the following week I started my first day on the job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was cool. Filling out the application was crazy though. That was the longest application I ever filled out in my life. They asked what would I bring to the company, why did I choose Securamerica, and they asked me to describe legendary customer service. Basically what made the application so long was having to answer questions in an essay format. The entire process was very professional and everybody is in a nice shirt and tie. The whole you feel like your in way over your head. But as long as you stay focused you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background in security. They asked why I chose Securamerica, and they also asked me to tell them about a time I experienced great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Negotiation

No negotiations, I stated what i expected and they quickly met them.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Mount Juliet, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

We net on the porch at Mt Juliet Cracker Barrel. Talked briefly, did drug screen and paperwork in reps car. Told to report to site office for training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any security experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica in July 2013.

Interview

replied to posting got called for interview. Went to the interview filled out long application and discussed the positions available.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Process has been a great experience. Their recruiter, Nav, reached out for me and had a very pleasant phone interview. Waiting to hear back... Good or bad, he is a great ambassador for their company.

Interview Questions

• My salary requirements. Being in the sales industry, salaries fluctuate based on commission structure. So it is difficult to answer and did not want to go to high.. Turns out I answered the question well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I replied to an ad on craigslist for security officer. Secur America calls me the next day and we schedule an interview. Despite having an interview schedule at 10am ( I arrived at 9:45) they asked me to fill out an application. Which asked for previous work experience and education etc. The application also required you to complete a short essay of "Legendary Service" what it means to you and how would you go about providing that. So after completeing the application I met with the HR director for 15 minutes. We went over my resume, I have 4 years experience in security from a job I quit after school but I needed extra cash so there I was. The Hr manager was nice and put me in touch with 2 account managers. I was hired that day (Friday). Attended orientation the foloowing Tuesday and was training at a site on Friday.

All in all, ok company. New to the area just starting to come up. The only issue I had so far was it took 3 weeks for me to get my first check do to my account manager forgetting to log my hours in payroll. Other than that, regular run of the mill security company.

Interview Questions

• Completing a short essay on "Legendary Service" was the most unexpected thing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I kind of negotiated. I just started high and got worked down. I knew the average hourly rate for security started a few bucks hire and then the hr manager offered me something higher than the average so I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Austin, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed with 7 other people (trying to get the same job) at the same time. it was very informal, like sitting around and BSing the whole time. It took them about a month to tell me i got the job.

Security Officwe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SecurAmerica (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

The security team really needed officers, so I was hired during my interview. I was told about the job (i.e.: answering phone calls, signing in visitors and employees, cc monitoring, patrolling) and that I will need to be CLEET certified within a few months. I said the job sounded great and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you enjoy monitoring the buildings activites to deter theft and keep employees safe?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told up front that their base pay was $8.75, and that after my 90 day review I'd receive a $0.25 bonus. The base pay has only recently changed to $9.00, so now after my review I'll be making $9.25