SecureWorks

SecureWorks Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

Network Security Center Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SecureWorks.

Process was pretty straight forward. The first step was a phone interview, then on-site interview. I was asked a mix of Technical Questions and Performance based Questions. You better know your stuff (networking + Linux). You will be asked a lot of Networking questions regarding troubleshooting and Highly detailed explanations on how things work. You will be asked several specific Linux commands, related to troubleshooting, scripting, system stats, and specific file locations in the directory.

Interview Questions
    • IPTables command that allows established/new connection outbound, but only Established connections inbound.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SecureWorks.

I was referred by a current intern. Interviewed within a couple of days. The interview consisted of 15-30 minutes of behavioral questions, followed by 30-45 minutes technical questions. I think a referral goes a long way for this one. I received the acceptance letter a few days later.

The behavioral interview was more like a conversation between myself and the recruiter. I guess he wanted to make sure I wasn't a socially inept robot and could articulate my thoughts.
    The technical question was in front of the recruiter, one of the team manager, and one of the team leaders. The interview was given by the team leader that I would later work at.

Interview Questions
    • There were nothing extremely difficult. They asked basic Java concepts (because I told them that was my most experience language). There were a few basic algorithm problems as well, such as sorts, and a database question that involved being given a scenario and was asked to design a database schema accordingly.   Answer Question

Senior VMware Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SecureWorks in October 2014.

I applied through the SecureWorks career website and got in touch with the talent coordinator for the position. I was told the manager was very interested in talking with me. The date/time was scheduled for a Monday. 1 Minute before the interview time I got a call saying the manager has to reschedule due to an emergency. So the interview was rescheduled for a Friday. When I get to the interview on Friday it appears the manager is out of town and I'm interviewing with 2 team members. The interview went well. The guys were nice and I thought I had done pretty good. I e-mailed a thank you note to both interviewers and the talent coordinator. I NEVER heard back. Not one word about anything.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just asked questions about my past experience. They seemed very interested in the work I had bee doing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SecureWorks.

1st round:Resume Review
    2nd round: On-campus Interview (Three interviewers, most of the questions are behavior questions, focused on your past coding or related experiences)
    3rd round: Phone interview (more behavior questions and 2 technique questions)

Software Engineer Intern/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SecureWorks.

I applied through a school posting, and got an email from Secureworks a few weeks later. I scheduled for an interview a few days later. The interview was with three people, but they were very chill. I just talked about my past experiences and the skills I wrote on the resume.

Security Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SecureWorks.

Contacted a recruiter, they sent me a few job descriptions based on the resume I sent out. I then had a pre-interview screening phone call with said recruiter. Next was an interview with a security consultant and security adviser in which I was asked about 45 minutes worth of basic network questions

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the stuff was basic, tcp vs udp, what is an ACL, explain arp, etc   Answer Question

Technical Analysis Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SecureWorks.

2 Phone Interviews and then a short one with the future manager
    Questions would be very Dell like - Tell me a time when....
    Give me an example of a time....
    Given this...

Interview Questions
    Tried negotiating but they declined

Network Security Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SecureWorks.

Phone interview with HR was pretty easy. Hiring Managers liked my resume. The phone interview with the hiring managers went well however I was not selected for the next round of interviews. They sent me a generic email informing me that I was not selected for the next round, and they did not provide me with any feedback.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SecureWorks in January 2013.

phone interview one hr all technical questions, 2nd interview was onsite and went on for an hr..more technical questions and some behavioral as well. after a week I sent them an email for feedback and they answered same day saying they decided not to move me forward but will keep my resume on file blah blah blah. Im pretty sure they didn't proceed was that I would be working with a relative on same shift.

Interview Questions
    • 3 diagrams were drawn on whiteboard and you had to troubleshoot network issues. make sure you know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Security Systems Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SecureWorks in November 2012.

Initial phone interview with technical person (manager?). Then a second phone interview with more technical folks asking more "how would you handle a situation such as....?. Then emails and follow up calls with HR hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • Specific steps taken to begin researching a security breach.   Answer Question