SecureWorks Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SecureWorks.

1st round:Resume Review
    2nd round: On-campus Interview (Three interviewers, most of the questions are behavior questions, focused on your past coding or related experiences)
    3rd round: Phone interview (more behavior questions and 2 technique questions)

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SecureWorks in September 2009.

Their recruiter reached out to me based on an online profile. I came in for an interview. When I arrived I was quickly whisked into a conference room for a rolling panel type of interview. Most of the interviewers seemed very unprepared and had not read my resume previous to entering the conference room. Many of them did not know the position I was being interviewed for and one even had a print out of C code that he wanted me to read and determine what it did. When I informed him of the position I was applying for he still insisted that I read his code that was incomplete. After about 6 rounds of interviews the HR lady appeared and walked me out. I entered the building in the front but the HR lady directed me to a door at the back of the building near the dumpsters and I had to walk quite a distance around the building back to my car. Ah yes out with the trash. The ultimate "don't call us we probably won't call you"

Interview Questions
    • Read this obscure C code and tell me what it does even though it's not complete.   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at SecureWorks in September 2012.

After my initial resume submission, I was contacted by a recruiter a month later. I was offered an interview, which I accepted. The interview itself was pretty painless as I feel somewhat overqualified for the position. I then had my drug screen for the background check. After this passed, I was told that I would be going to HQ for training. I was told it would only be two days, but at the last minute was told it was a week long. I respectfully advised that this would not be doable, and I was accommodated.

Interview Questions
    • Why would du and df show different free space on a filesystem?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SecureWorks.

I applied through a school posting, and got an email from Secureworks a few weeks later. I scheduled for an interview a few days later. The interview was with three people, but they were very chill. I just talked about my past experiences and the skills I wrote on the resume.

Security Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SecureWorks.

Contacted a recruiter, they sent me a few job descriptions based on the resume I sent out. I then had a pre-interview screening phone call with said recruiter. Next was an interview with a security consultant and security adviser in which I was asked about 45 minutes worth of basic network questions

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the stuff was basic, tcp vs udp, what is an ACL, explain arp, etc   Answer Question

Technical Analysis Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at SecureWorks.

2 Phone Interviews and then a short one with the future manager
    Questions would be very Dell like - Tell me a time when....
    Give me an example of a time....
    Given this...

Interview Questions
    Tried negotiating but they declined

Network Security Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SecureWorks.

Phone interview with HR was pretty easy. Hiring Managers liked my resume. The phone interview with the hiring managers went well however I was not selected for the next round of interviews. They sent me a generic email informing me that I was not selected for the next round, and they did not provide me with any feedback.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SecureWorks in January 2013.

phone interview one hr all technical questions, 2nd interview was onsite and went on for an hr..more technical questions and some behavioral as well. after a week I sent them an email for feedback and they answered same day saying they decided not to move me forward but will keep my resume on file blah blah blah. Im pretty sure they didn't proceed was that I would be working with a relative on same shift.

Interview Questions
    • 3 diagrams were drawn on whiteboard and you had to troubleshoot network issues. make sure you know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Security Systems Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SecureWorks in November 2012.

Initial phone interview with technical person (manager?). Then a second phone interview with more technical folks asking more "how would you handle a situation such as....?. Then emails and follow up calls with HR hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • Specific steps taken to begin researching a security breach.   Answer Question

Operations Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SecureWorks in February 2012.

Through multiple stages of interview I spoke with my potential supervisor, colleagues, and team leads. There were personality and conversational portions of the interviews as well as technical quizzes. The interviews happened in three stages over the course of two weeks, all on the phone, with some one on one portions and a large conference call as well.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions particularly stand out, and there were many of them, covering technical and personal topics.   Answer Question
    The recruiter handling my negotiation, as an intermediary between myself and the hiring manager and other supervisors involved in the process, was responsive to my situation and the nature of the other offers I was considering. We went through a couple of rounds of negotiation as I narrowed down the other offers, benefits packages, perks, etc.

Worked for SecureWorks? Contribute to the Community!