Securitas Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.0

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas (Edison, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Wednesday and got called the very next Wednesday, given I have a friend in the company who put a good word in for me. Arrived early, was brought in and left alone to go over application and sign some papers. Interviewer came in and asked very few questions (easy questions) about past work experience and how I handled stressful situations. (Also inquired about any recent gaps in employment) After the few questions a ton more paperwork to fill, then drug test (best to study for that one), then brought to speak with a manager about possible work sites. Overall very easy and relaxed process, I was much less anxious than I antcipated, considering I needed this job. Tips: be honest, have flexibility with hours, show you can speak English well, and show you are genuinely interested, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an aggressive customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Securitas

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. In fact, I applied the night before and was told to come in the next morning for an interview. They do drug tests and background checks.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions or anything about he interview was hard. Fairly simple and very easy to go through.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation you either take it or leave it.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Securitas.

Interview

I applied online on the Securitas website and was called within a week to do a face to face interview, requesting that I bring two forms of ID and copies of my resume if I had one. Upon arriving to the office, I was handed a copy of my online application to verify and a simple incident report to fill out. The incident report asks you basically to describe what you saw based on the factual information provided in a short sentence. It's very to the point, all it said on mine was that you were patrolling XYZ client site, and saw someone breaking into a car in the parking lot during your patrols. It continued to ask what action you would take upon seeing this, and then concludes with asking you why you want to work in security. After completing this, I gave my paperwork back to the receptionist and was instructed to wait in the waiting room. This is where things got extremely unprofessional on the behalf of the Securitas employees in the office. Not only were they discussing the hiring or not hiring of another applicant very loudly a short distance away, they continued to even discuss my application - apparently they were blown away by the fact that I passed the basic language test (incident report) and that I even had a resume. I found such blatant disrespect of other applicants privacy, as well as the sheer unprofessionalism of conducting themselves in that way in such a setting, despite the information of mine being discussed being positive in a sense. Once I was called back to do the face-to-face interview, I went into a conference room with my interviewer and was asked pretty typical questions; what kind of work did you do in the military, why do you want to work in security, if you saw someone stealing would you report it, etc. Once you 'pass' the interview so to speak, they begin discussing the various sites they have available/will offer you. In my area, they offered me an armed security job in the city due to my military experience. Once you've indicated you're willing to take whatever job they offer you, if they do, they'll give you a drug test (it's the swab you hold in your mouth for 3 minutes, not a urinalysis) and have you fill out paperwork authorizing a background check and have you sign your tentative offer of employment.

Basically, from what I gathered about their company during the interview was that if you show up and are well-kept, can use basic grammar to write actual sentences, and are not rude, you're going to get a job of some sort - it just depends on what kind of job you get with them because they have such a wide variety of clients.

Interview Questions

• I think the thing that might mess most people up would be the incident report - just write it based only on the information given to you - don't add to it or take away from it. It's very simple and really just a language test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation on the pay of the actual job sites, what you can somewhat negotiate is perhaps what job site you will or won't take as they all pay differently. Don't expect over perhaps $11 an hour though.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled an application out online. Less than a week later I was called for an in person interview. The scheduling was a little disappointing. They only allowed you to schedule for one particular day and were not very flexible. But the interview was short, sweet and too the point. I also had to fill out a fake observation report as well.

Interview Questions

• "If you were working and became bored, what would you do to make your job more fun?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation. He explained that pay was dependent on which security position you get and which area you work in.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quick and professional. Met with recruiter and was immediately sent to job site for second interview. Second interview was also very professional -- all aspects of the position were detailed completely. Going through official hiring process now (background check, drug screening).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate since entry-level positions come in at fixed hourly pay.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Securitas (Irving, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online on tuesday the 5th and was emailed a interview on thursday the 7th had a interview after looking over the application did a sample incident report after that got offered a position took a drug test and had my background checked after that got a email saying show up too orientation so the process went well

Interview Questions

• While working at the courthouse what kind of people did u deal with   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiat

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Securitas (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I barely applied less than a week ago and before I even finished my application online I got a call from a hiring manager the second day I started filling out my application and are already going through the training process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working and things got stressful?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas (Eugene, OR).

Interview

First, you must apply online and then wait until someone calls you to schedule an interview with you. After successfully scheduling an interview, you show up and answer some questions. They will take a drug test in the office. The drug test is one that you put in your mouth, no peeing required. There'll be a little small talk with you until the results show up. Once everything is clean, and when they're satisfied, you'll get offered a job right there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You get told when to be there for training after verbally accepting the job in the interview.

Security Officer Interview

Interview

strait forward

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas (Mansfield, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their website. It was easy enough. Basic information and the process was easy and well explained. Website used for applying was well done and easy to navigate.

However this is the only positive I encountered.

I was requested to go to a McDonalds....of all places...for the interview. I arrived thirty minutes early and observed no one in a Securitas uniform, shirt, or in any other way able to be identified. I waited several minutes inside before returning to my car to attempt to find a phone number to contact them and figure out what the deal is. As I was searching the interviewer called my phone and finally identified themselves and gave me a description of who to look for inside.

I met up with the individual who stated she was from their corporate office. At no point did she stand when I approached to greet me, nor did she even shake my hand. Immediately I knew that this was not going to go well. She stated to me that the position I applied for was already filled but was wanting to talk to me about some other local positions. This irritated me a bit more but I was willing to listen to the other positions.

She asked me very little questions about my experience. Interview lasted five minutes tops. When the interview was done I was cut loose. Again, no hand shaking, nothing. I brought a folder full of my certifications, certificates from other jobs, training packets, and other information and she would not even look at it.

Interview Questions

I never heard back from them until almost a year later with an offer. By now I already had a job and the terrible interview that I wasted my time with told me that this company was likely a huge waste of time and effort.