Securitas

2.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas in November 2014.

I filled an application out online. Less than a week later I was called for an in person interview. The scheduling was a little disappointing. They only allowed you to schedule for one particular day and were not very flexible. But the interview was short, sweet and too the point. I also had to fill out a fake observation report as well.

Interview Questions
  • "If you were working and became bored, what would you do to make your job more fun?"   Answer Question
There was not much of a negotiation. He explained that pay was dependent on which security position you get and which area you work in.

Other Interview Reviews for Securitas

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Securitas.

I applied online on the Securitas website and was called within a week to do a face to face interview, requesting that I bring two forms of ID and copies of my resume if I had one. Upon arriving to the office, I was handed a copy of my online application to verify and a simple incident report to fill out. The incident report asks you basically to describe what you saw based on the factual information provided in a short sentence. It's very to the point, all it said on mine was that you were patrolling XYZ client site, and saw someone breaking into a car in the parking lot during your patrols. It continued to ask what action you would take upon seeing this, and then concludes with asking you why you want to work in security. After completing this, I gave my paperwork back to the receptionist and was instructed to wait in the waiting room. This is where things got extremely unprofessional on the behalf of the Securitas employees in the office. Not only were they discussing the hiring or not hiring of another applicant very loudly a short distance away, they continued to even discuss my application - apparently they were blown away by the fact that I passed the basic language test (incident report) and that I even had a resume. I found such blatant disrespect of other applicants privacy, as well as the sheer unprofessionalism of conducting themselves in that way in such a setting, despite the information of mine being discussed being positive in a sense. Once I was called back to do the face-to-face interview, I went into a conference room with my interviewer and was asked pretty typical questions; what kind of work did you do in the military, why do you want to work in security, if you saw someone stealing would you report it, etc. Once you 'pass' the interview so to speak, they begin discussing the various sites they have available/will offer you. In my area, they offered me an armed security job in the city due to my military experience. Once you've indicated you're willing to take whatever job they offer you, if they do, they'll give you a drug test (it's the swab you hold in your mouth for 3 minutes, not a urinalysis) and have you fill out paperwork authorizing a background check and have you sign your tentative offer of employment.

Basically, from what I gathered about their company during the interview was that if you show up and are well-kept, can use basic grammar to write actual sentences, and are not rude, you're going to get a job of some sort - it just depends on what kind of job you get with them because they have such a wide variety of clients.

Interview Questions
    • I think the thing that might mess most people up would be the incident report - just write it based only on the information given to you - don't add to it or take away from it. It's very simple and really just a language test.   Answer Question
    There isn't much negotiation on the pay of the actual job sites, what you can somewhat negotiate is perhaps what job site you will or won't take as they all pay differently. Don't expect over perhaps $11 an hour though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas in October 2014.

Interview process was quick and professional. Met with recruiter and was immediately sent to job site for second interview. Second interview was also very professional -- all aspects of the position were detailed completely. Going through official hiring process now (background check, drug screening).

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate since entry-level positions come in at fixed hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Securitas in August 2014.

I applied online on tuesday the 5th and was emailed a interview on thursday the 7th had a interview after looking over the application did a sample incident report after that got offered a position took a drug test and had my background checked after that got a email saying show up too orientation so the process went well

Interview Questions
    • While working at the courthouse what kind of people did u deal with   View Answer
    The negotiat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Securitas in June 2014.

I barely applied less than a week ago and before I even finished my application online I got a call from a hiring manager the second day I started filling out my application and are already going through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were working and things got stressful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas.

First, you must apply online and then wait until someone calls you to schedule an interview with you. After successfully scheduling an interview, you show up and answer some questions. They will take a drug test in the office. The drug test is one that you put in your mouth, no peeing required. There'll be a little small talk with you until the results show up. Once everything is clean, and when they're satisfied, you'll get offered a job right there.

Interview Questions
    You get told when to be there for training after verbally accepting the job in the interview.

strait forward

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in November 2013.

Okay so I applied online and got a call couple days later asking me to come in for an interview. I went in signed in at the front desk and the receptionist gave me a packet to fill out paperwork and a indecent report. I turned that in and waited for my interview. Was asked simple questions about my history and myself. Was told I would get a call if my background check cleared. Got a call to come into a class (not paid) it was two days four hours a day. Basically a class about the company. Went into orientation the next monday and then was given the site I would be working at.

Interview Questions
    • Was the situation report you write when you first come in.   View Answer
    No negotiation but when I was hired (before training) I was told I would be paid $9.00 and then when I got might site after orientation I was given a much better offer. Every Site is paid differently so its all depending on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas in August 2013.

2 Interviews

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas in October 2011.

Short and Sweet. Not many difficult questions asked, mostly straight to the point. the hiring process takes about one week 5 or 6 consecutive days for 8 hours each day. One week of Paid Training.