Securitas Security Services USA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in August 2014.

Drove 1/12 hours to interview. Met with 2 other Branch Managers. Never asked me any real interview questions. Seems they had their mind mind up before I got there. They were friendly enough, but I didn't drive that far to make new friends.

Security Officer - Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I was approached by an HR person who had found my resume online through Career Builder. I felt a little led on by the initial phone conversation because the job seemed a lot more tailored to my educational background and work history than it actually was. The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. There was a background check and drug test. There was an in person interview with HR, the site supervisor and corporate client. Finger printing took a long time and was not fun. There was a rather tedious online personality, skills and knowledge test. There is ample training before you start the job which is great and the opportunity to become certified.

Interview Questions
    No chance to negotiate. They pay what they pay and offer limited benefits to supplement your salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in August 2014.

Super easy interview, basically if you aren't a complete moron, you will get the job. I basically walked in and she already had printed out my acceptance into the company. There is a little test but you know the answers. I had to do a weird oral drug test that didn't work the first time, so i had to do it again, then I had to do the Guard card class which was boring as hell and unpaid.

none.

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in March 2013.

It takes about 30 minutes for the online application but it's worth it. They do a mouth swab drug test after they interview you. The people were really nice. I've been with the company going on 2 years and they haven't let me down yet. I'm in arizona now I did a transfer and it's going pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions they were all fairly easy and common sense.   View Answer
    They are very flexible and will work with you. A great company to work for.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West New Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West New Boston, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in October 2010.

They hired when you accept MINIMUM SALARY. Poverty level. They did not care about anything but HOW MUCH YOU WANTED TO MAKE. The whole process was bizzare and very uncomfortable to an honest person. They gave a picture that you have tremendous opportunities. To good to be true and believable. Skeptical is the word.

Interview Questions
    • They never divulge any information when you ask them any questions. Like SNAKE OIL Salesman.   View Answer
    There was none. just a start date. If you were a criminal you could have been accepted.

Security Guard Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in December 2013.

Application process took about 1 week. You pretty much go into the office and tell them that you were scheduled for an interview then they give you a copy of your application and ask you to review everything on there. You will also receive a piece of paper with an incident report on it in which you must write what might do in a certain scenario. Took me about 10 minutes to complete all of that. After about 30-45 minutes the interviewer showed up and introduced herself then proceeded to take me to her office to interview. The interview consisted of reviewing what was on the application and the what your availability is. After that she asked the standard "name a time when..." The questions were not that menacing nor was the interviewer. After the interview I was told that I will be called in for orientation in a week, which never happened. Based on the type of people this company hires one would think that the chances of getting a job with them would be easy, I guess not.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working security?
      What do you have to offer for this company?
      Name a time when...
        Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I applied online and heard back less than a week later. They are constantly hiring due to high turnover. The interview process is the easy part. You really just have to show up and not be a drug addict or felon and you will get the job. After you get a job offer you have to get certified by your state law enforcement agency. In South Carolina it is an eight hour course which you get paid minimum wage for attending. After you get certified you watch some safety videos and sign some basic new hire paper work as well as get your uniforms. You then are placed at a site but may have to interview with the site manager/Account Manager first. After all that you go through a short training process that does not prepare you for much but then again there isn't much to prepare for. During the hiring process you can make scheduling requests or let them know how far you are willing to drive to a site for work however this will eventually be ignored and you will be placed where needed.

Interview Questions
    • How far are you willing to drive to get to and from work?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They pay per site per post. Your experience and education mean nothing. Their is a post that needs filled and you just happened to walk into the room. Good luck.

Security Officer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in March 2010.

I filled out an application and was pretty much hired on the spot. They came and asked me if I'd be willing to cut my hair and take a drug test. Soon afterwards I underwent training and I took about a month before I was assigned to an actual site.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a interview process. As long as you can show you can read and write in English they will take you.   Answer Question

County Security Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hebron, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in June 2014.

Apply on line and upload your resume and wait for a call. They then call and set-up an appointment for an interview, and you go to the interview and they won't even offer to validate your parking.

I have just received a Bachelor's Degree and I refuse to start at a wage that is less than what I was making without a college education, and that is not what I got an education for. It is as if it is a joke to this company to offer wages that fall below the poverty line and force employees to take it. It is disgusting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maumee, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in January 2014.

Interviewed with one hiring manager and was hired on the spot. They gave me a saliva drug test which I passed. The interview questions were pretty typical. It was a pleasant interview.

Negotiated my schedule.

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!