Securitas Security Services USA

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

1.9

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I had one interview. wasn't asked many questions. very informal. The person giving me the interview wasn't very professional and the office was messy with random stacks of junk everywhere. seemed kind of shady for a security company. It was very easy and I felt way overdressed with my nice shirt and pants. The person conducting the interview basically just told me that hours are terrible and I would be called in at all times of the night.

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to come in to work if you got called at anytime, even if its just for an hour?   Answer Question

I declined because the pay was pretty much minimum wage and the hours are awful and extremely unpredictable. I wasn't desperate enough to accept the offer.

Professional Security Officer Interview

Are you alive? Are you breathing? Well there you go, you're already qualified for this position. With that being said, you are dispensable. As easily as they'll hire you, is as easily you'll be let go.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any hard questions that they asked. Mostly questions about your availability.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations. Different sites pay different wages. Some pay $9 and hour to as high as $13 an hour. Nothing above that.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

the hiring was easy they just asked common questions and explained the different locations they service. the questions were easy to answer nothing hard mostly about past experiences you might have had that is related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • working within an extreme environment you might get changed from location to location.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Applying was interesting, because there was an online assessment, which not all security companies employ. I thought that was a decent way to help weed out unqualified individuals before actually interviewing them. The interviewing process was decent and they did a saliva swab drug test during, which was an impressive addition to the interview. They had training videos and a decent training process after applying and interviewing.

There was no negotiating. They were set hours, set pay, and a set "office."

Branch Manager Interview

It helps to be referred by someone, because it's who you know, and hopefully you worked your way up kissing the right butt (of someone who was most likely not qualified for their own job, but they got it by kissing the right butt and depend on those below them to make them look good)

Interview Questions
    • Managing a multi-million $ business with very high turnover and constant client issues   Answer Question
    Never able to get the expected salary. Carrot dangled is annual bonus which is very difficult to obtain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I was interviewed in June of 2000 and went to work just a little while after that, I worked there from June 2000 to June 2012, and was fired because I went to the bathroom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in October 2014.

Interview process was concise and professional (for the most part). After being hired my background check was taking longer than normal to come back and HR would not respond to repeated calls and emails when I checked on my hiring status.

No negotiation possible.

HEALTH CARE OFFICER/EMT Interview

THE interviewer was great, was asked some basic questions. Was told about three different pay scales reg officer, emt officers and firefighter officers. The Drug sreen was given at the time of the interview. the process took about two weeks for back ground check.

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in October 2014.

I applied online, it took 2 wks to get a call back. When you get interviewed, its with a group not by yourself, its very simple. If you accept the job you have to come back the next day or the following week. Classroom training is also a group thing, you have this instructor on a video chat, that's in another city teaching 2 other classes, everyone can see you an everyone can hear you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a security guard?   View Answer
    No, no negotiating they have everything set up for you. Securitas is a great company, I enjoy working for them, maybe you will to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in September 2014.

2 interviews one phone interview which is just to schedule in person interview. The interview is with a supervisor that ask general interview questions. The staff is very kind and approachable. Also there is a suprise drug screen at interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate schedule and location.