Securitas Security Services USA Officer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in October 2014.

Interview

THE interviewer was great, was asked some basic questions. Was told about three different pay scales reg officer, emt officers and firefighter officers. The Drug sreen was given at the time of the interview. the process took about two weeks for back ground check.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple online followed up by in person. After backgrounds are complete you wait for placement at a work sight, which can take awhile and some work sites will re-interview you to make sure "your a good fit"

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy. Walk in, can you pass a drug test, submit to a background check, pay for a state security guard licence and do A, B, and C? If yes, you're hired. If not, they'll work with you so long as you're not a sex offender or convicted felon.

Interview Questions

• Can you follow security SOP's to the letter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online almost a year prior to getting a call. Went into interview. Hr manager asked me a series of questions that were fairly simple to answer. Gave me a swab drug screen, I passed, and was offered a job. Started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 interviews one phone interview which is just to schedule in person interview. The interview is with a supervisor that ask general interview questions. The staff is very kind and approachable. Also there is a suprise drug screen at interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate schedule and location.

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Annandale, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I got a call pretty quickly. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions, and then had me talk to one of the managers. The manager was really cool, he asked a few questions and then described the job location, expectations, and training process. I was sent back to the recruiter for some paperwok and scheduled for training. All done in less than an hour, and looking forward to starting my first job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give good customer service.   Answer Question

Security Officer - Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was approached by an HR person who had found my resume online through Career Builder. I felt a little led on by the initial phone conversation because the job seemed a lot more tailored to my educational background and work history than it actually was. The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. There was a background check and drug test. There was an in person interview with HR, the site supervisor and corporate client. Finger printing took a long time and was not fun. There was a rather tedious online personality, skills and knowledge test. There is ample training before you start the job which is great and the opportunity to become certified.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a bomb threat at your site.   5 Answers

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate. They pay what they pay and offer limited benefits to supplement your salary.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Anchorage, AK) in August 2014.

Interview

Super easy interview, basically if you aren't a complete moron, you will get the job. I basically walked in and she already had printed out my acceptance into the company. There is a little test but you know the answers. I had to do a weird oral drug test that didn't work the first time, so i had to do it again, then I had to do the Guard card class which was boring as hell and unpaid.

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Liverpool, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Asked some questions, filled out mock incident report, got the job within 20 minutes. Before I was even hired, the trainer busted into the room asking if "he is ready to work tonight". They obviously do not care about other companies (giving them 2 weeks notice).

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview

I applied online and heard back less than a week later. They are constantly hiring due to high turnover. The interview process is the easy part. You really just have to show up and not be a drug addict or felon and you will get the job. After you get a job offer you have to get certified by your state law enforcement agency. In South Carolina it is an eight hour course which you get paid minimum wage for attending. After you get certified you watch some safety videos and sign some basic new hire paper work as well as get your uniforms. You then are placed at a site but may have to interview with the site manager/Account Manager first. After all that you go through a short training process that does not prepare you for much but then again there isn't much to prepare for. During the hiring process you can make scheduling requests or let them know how far you are willing to drive to a site for work however this will eventually be ignored and you will be placed where needed.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to drive to get to and from work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They pay per site per post. Your experience and education mean nothing. Their is a post that needs filled and you just happened to walk into the room. Good luck.