Securitas Security Services USA Security Guard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

1.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in March 2014.

I applied online, recieved a phone call about a week later, was notified of openings with the company and was told I would recieve an email the next day if they were interested in moving the process forward. I never received that email. However, about two months later, I got a call out of nowhere from a women notifying me I had been chosen to have an interview if I was interested.

I went to the interview and it was fairly straightforward. I was not asked any out of the ball-park questions, and a large part of the process was reviewing the information I provided, signing it as being true, and so forth. I was also asked to write a report for an incident, I am assuming they wanted to see any skills in writing and information sharing.

I went through dates and hours and locations I could work, and they said I would hear from them in two days, and I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I had any experience dealing with unruly or potentially violent situations in the workplace.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Security Guard Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in February 2014.

I applied online for the Commerce branch in California. A week later i was contacted to come in for a interview. After i finished the interview i was told to wait in the lobby and then finger printed and drug tested on the spot and was given my dates for training.

Interview Questions
    I was told that the highest i would be getting paid after training was $9 but ended up at a post paying more than $12

Security Guard Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I was referred by an existing employee and all I had to do was fill out the application. As I was filling out the applicaition, my friend walked in unexpectedly and talked to someone. Just as I finished the application, that someone said to come into the office. I was going to be interviewed immediately.

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in December 2013.

Application process took about 1 week. You pretty much go into the office and tell them that you were scheduled for an interview then they give you a copy of your application and ask you to review everything on there. You will also receive a piece of paper with an incident report on it in which you must write what might do in a certain scenario. Took me about 10 minutes to complete all of that. After about 30-45 minutes the interviewer showed up and introduced herself then proceeded to take me to her office to interview. The interview consisted of reviewing what was on the application and the what your availability is. After that she asked the standard "name a time when..." The questions were not that menacing nor was the interviewer. After the interview I was told that I will be called in for orientation in a week, which never happened. Based on the type of people this company hires one would think that the chances of getting a job with them would be easy, I guess not.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working security?
      What do you have to offer for this company?
      Name a time when...
        Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Interviewed over thr phone. Scheduled training for following week. Need sixteen classroom hours to get a guard card.

Interview Questions
    • Staying awake was difficult during instructional films.I was replacing a body in a guard shack. I had no contact with anyone other than the guy I was relieving. It was a mind numbing job,   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

They only accept applications online anymore. Call the office and ask for HR to review your application. If you are called in for an interview, they give you a test and upon the result of that they will show you a list of sites to choose from based on your availability. Essentially, you will be hired on the spot. After selecting a site, you will go through the training course to get certified if you have not been certified as a guard. Then you will start work and complete the on site training.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any questions asked of you at the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

In order to get hired with Securitas you apply on-line and as long as they have an opening and you can pass your pre-employment drug screen you're in. I was never interviewed.

This is what we are paying (per hour rate). If that works for you your hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

lengthy application process online -it took OVER an hour to complete.
    they do not accept paper applications or paper resumes. they don't accept faxed resumes OR emailed resumes. you must take the application and test online to get interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were very typical of any company. the only dfference was that they do a saliva drug test rather than a urine drug test.   Answer Question

the manager from the office gave me a range between 9-12 an hour. when i had my interview heoffered me a position for 8.50 and said that's all that was available. why waste peoples time?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in December 2012.

Very easy. Walked in, talked a little bit. Mostly questions about "what if someone was breaking into a car", "what if someone attacked you", etc.

There is NO negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

The first time I tried to get hired from them I did not pass their test when I answered it honestly. I had to wait six months to try again. I had to indicate that everyone else but me was a thief to pass the test. HR person who interviewed me was shocked by my answers but when I explained it was the only way to pass the test she laughed. Got in while the company was still Pinkerton-Burns and had a mostly successful time until management decided to give my job to others who never did it. and it went downhill from there.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have one, I did stump the interviewer though. She had no clue about training.   Answer Question
    Well I didn't get the supervisor job I was offered but since I was unemployed at the time I took the job to work my way up. Never happened, they just kept sending in new people to take over and some of them had less training and experience than me.