Securitas Security Services USA

Updated Feb 19, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in February 2015.

I already read a review about this company from about a year or so ago. it was spot on and nothing's changed. basically just applied, got called in about a week later, filled out a crap load of paper work about you agreeing to be good with drug tests and "why do you want to work here?" (be prepared for that one question; they beat you over the head with it in the paperwork and in the next part...

Then the fun part, they sit you in an office and read about 30 questions to your from a stack of papers (my guy was real monotone with it) about what you would do if you saw a guy robbing a car (also in the paperwork) or what interests you in security and last but not least, if you wanna work night shift and mandatory overtime.

Interview Questions
  • You work for XYZ Co and your patrolling the parking lot and see a guy breaking into a car, what do you do?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work in Security?   Answer Question
  • What do you think would make you an excellent candidate for this position?   Answer Question
  • How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question
  • What are you goals in life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in January 2015.

I applied for the graveyard security officer position In walnut creek. A week after I completing my application which was fairy easy, they called me to schedule an interview I couldn't come the next day so I chose the day after. The interview was in The Oakland office and dress was business casual although some guy wore a suit I don't think that was necessary. A nice shirt tie and slacks would be perfect for a guy anyway the interview went very smoothly. I over prepared but she asked If I had a guard card which I don't so I'm going to take the class on an cash advance basis so I'll be paying back the 125 back at 25 a month out of my check. I got the feeling that they look for straight forward people so relax but just be you. straight up and be honest and you'll pretty much Have the job in the bag and also use your common sense. I took my drug test that day because she offered me a position in the first interview. Normally you beedctocmeet with the manager/supervisor on the follow up interview. The drug test was the swab for 3mins I didn't pass. Dry mouth or something?so I had to go a few buildings down to do another test but I'm drug and and alcohol free so no biggie. It's really laid b a co but still very professional the class will be three consecutive days and will be from 9 am to 4pm and dress is business casual or else they will rescind your offer for employment

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw the supervisor stealing?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to be a security officer?   View Answer
    The only negotiating I did accept a part time position fortunes being because they offered me a flex guard position the money was awesome but couldnt take it cause I'm only looking for graveyard

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

the hiring was easy they just asked common questions and explained the different locations they service. the questions were easy to answer nothing hard mostly about past experiences you might have had that is related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • working within an extreme environment you might get changed from location to location.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Applying was interesting, because there was an online assessment, which not all security companies employ. I thought that was a decent way to help weed out unqualified individuals before actually interviewing them. The interviewing process was decent and they did a saliva swab drug test during, which was an impressive addition to the interview. They had training videos and a decent training process after applying and interviewing.

There was no negotiating. They were set hours, set pay, and a set "office."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

I was interviewed in June of 2000 and went to work just a little while after that, I worked there from June 2000 to June 2012, and was fired because I went to the bathroom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in October 2014.

Interview process was concise and professional (for the most part). After being hired my background check was taking longer than normal to come back and HR would not respond to repeated calls and emails when I checked on my hiring status.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in September 2014.

2 interviews one phone interview which is just to schedule in person interview. The interview is with a supervisor that ask general interview questions. The staff is very kind and approachable. Also there is a suprise drug screen at interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate schedule and location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in September 2014.

I got a call pretty quickly. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions, and then had me talk to one of the managers. The manager was really cool, he asked a few questions and then described the job location, expectations, and training process. I was sent back to the recruiter for some paperwok and scheduled for training. All done in less than an hour, and looking forward to starting my first job!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in August 2014.

Super easy interview, basically if you aren't a complete moron, you will get the job. I basically walked in and she already had printed out my acceptance into the company. There is a little test but you know the answers. I had to do a weird oral drug test that didn't work the first time, so i had to do it again, then I had to do the Guard card class which was boring as hell and unpaid.

none.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online and heard back less than a week later. They are constantly hiring due to high turnover. The interview process is the easy part. You really just have to show up and not be a drug addict or felon and you will get the job. After you get a job offer you have to get certified by your state law enforcement agency. In South Carolina it is an eight hour course which you get paid minimum wage for attending. After you get certified you watch some safety videos and sign some basic new hire paper work as well as get your uniforms. You then are placed at a site but may have to interview with the site manager/Account Manager first. After all that you go through a short training process that does not prepare you for much but then again there isn't much to prepare for. During the hiring process you can make scheduling requests or let them know how far you are willing to drive to a site for work however this will eventually be ignored and you will be placed where needed.

Interview Questions
    • How far are you willing to drive to get to and from work?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They pay per site per post. Your experience and education mean nothing. Their is a post that needs filled and you just happened to walk into the room. Good luck.