Securitas Security Services USA

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back less than a week later. They are constantly hiring due to high turnover. The interview process is the easy part. You really just have to show up and not be a drug addict or felon and you will get the job. After you get a job offer you have to get certified by your state law enforcement agency. In South Carolina it is an eight hour course which you get paid minimum wage for attending. After you get certified you watch some safety videos and sign some basic new hire paper work as well as get your uniforms. You then are placed at a site but may have to interview with the site manager/Account Manager first. After all that you go through a short training process that does not prepare you for much but then again there isn't much to prepare for. During the hiring process you can make scheduling requests or let them know how far you are willing to drive to a site for work however this will eventually be ignored and you will be placed where needed.

Interview Question – How far are you willing to drive to get to and from work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They pay per site per post. Your experience and education mean nothing. Their is a post that needs filled and you just happened to walk into the room. Good luck.

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was pretty much hired on the spot. They came and asked me if I'd be willing to cut my hair and take a drug test. Soon afterwards I underwent training and I took about a month before I was assigned to an actual site.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a interview process. As long as you can show you can read and write in English they will take you.   Answer Question

Maumee, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with one hiring manager and was hired on the spot. They gave me a saliva drug test which I passed. The interview questions were pretty typical. It was a pleasant interview.

Interview Question – What is my weakest skill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated my schedule.

Security Officer

I applied online and interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot. They only want to fill people for the contracts. Experience not needed. You are just a number there. I applied online. They next day I was hired. I thought I was lucky, but did not know their system yet.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in January 2014.

Interview Details – basically they ask you a few questions about your application and your hours of availlbility and then they give you a drug test. If you pass the simple mouth swab drug test. Then your hired.

Interview Question – Asking you when you will start ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the negotiation was over hours your times you will work.

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – Swift and easy. They just ask if you have security experience, customer service experience and if you are flexible. I talked to the recruiter for about 20 minutes, he asked me when I was available and then gave me an oral drug screening.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions. They are all very basic.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – Process was typical and questions were general (e.g. Please tell me about yourself, questions about your Customer Service experience). Questions about given scenarios (e.g. tell me about a time when you encountered a hostile customer and how you handled that encounter)

Interview Question – All questions were basic and general.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable salary, hours, or shift location.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty Basic. It helps a lot if you have a guard card ready (CA) and have at least a Year or more experience. The interview basically goes over availability and types of posts worked and preferences.

Interview Question – No surprises. Availability is the big question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic entry level

North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and a training session. Filled out the paperwork and watched a training video.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a little wiggle room, if you have experience.

Kentwood, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took far too long to hire me (five weeks). This is mainly due to the length amount of background checking they do. I showed up in a suit and got the job after the interview.

Interview Question – Generic questions. Simple interview done by unprofessional employees at the site.   Answer Question

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!