Securitas Security Services USA

Getting the Interview

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty Basic. It helps a lot if you have a guard card ready (CA) and have at least a Year or more experience. The interview basically goes over availability and types of posts worked and preferences.

Interview Question – No surprises. Availability is the big question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic entry level

Kentwood, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took far too long to hire me (five weeks). This is mainly due to the length amount of background checking they do. I showed up in a suit and got the job after the interview.

Interview Question – Generic questions. Simple interview done by unprofessional employees at the site.   Answer Question

North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and a training session. Filled out the paperwork and watched a training video.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a little wiggle room, if you have experience.

Very Easy Interview

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in May 2013.

Interview Details – Waited 4 months after completing the online application. Didn't hear back from them so I called them to see if they were still hiring. Sat one on one with Randy and he had me write a sample incident report for a given scenario. I also did a mouth swab drug test. Came back at a later date and sat in a classroom with other new hires. We watched videos and filled out a lot of paperwork.

Negotiation Details – They would not tell me what job site i was going to until after I completed orientation.

Interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA

Interview Details – drug test. live scan

Negotiation Details – Where, when, how much, why?

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in December 2013.

Interview Details – The office staff were friendly, albeit a bit scatter brained and unorganized. It wasn't really an interview. They called me in for an interview when really it was actually to complete my hiring paperwork and to do my drug test.

Negotiation Details – We pay differently for different sites. Between 8.50 and 11.00 dollars an hour. There really was no negotiating

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – As long as you have a diploma or GED and can pass a drug and background check, you will probably be hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take it or leave it.

Interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA

Interview Details – It's a breeze. They just need bodies.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA in June 2013.

Interview Details – There was a fairly long online application, which included multiple reaction sections and reading tests. I got a call within 2 days for an interview. There was a single interview time set up. When I impressed the first interviewer I had 2 more short meetings with different managers in the office and a drug test on the spot. A group training session at the same office was 2 weeks later and I was sent to my post as soon as the 2 weeks at my old job were up.

Interview Question – None of the question were very difficult. Most were based around finding out if you have the attention to detail and personality to work in security.   Answer Question

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview Details – This is a basic interview. Security companies don't expect much out of guards, and this one is no different. Basically, if you can string together a coherent sentence, they'll hire you. You are given a little test that quizzes your ability to write an incident report, but it's pretty simple. They don't expect you to know exactly what to write, they just want to see that you are English literate.

Interview Question – What character qualities do you think a security officer should have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is based on the post you are assigned to, so if you want more money, you can hold out for something better.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Securitas Security Services USA

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!

Securitas Security Services USA Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Securitas Security Services USA Security Officer interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Securitas Security Services USA employees and interview candidates.