Security Benefit Group

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.4

Junior Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Security Benefit Group.

On campus there was an information session with interviews the next day. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes and consisted of some behavioral questions as well as providing advice on whether or not to invest in a local business. They wanted you to choose one, value its revenue streams and cash flows as if it were a case interview and provide recommendation based on the value/margins of the business whether or not to invest with 10% equity.

Temporary Interview

The interviewer was kind and straightforward. They asked questions from a list and wrote down answers. The interview room was quiet and separate from the rest of the building. Questions aren't so much about you as a person but about you in their environment, which may be hard to answer because you can't really know their environment without having seen it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Security Benefit Group in October 2012.

Was kind of a miscommunication on someone's part. I talked to a recruiter on my college campus, gave them my resume and they had me fill out an online application. Even though the whole discussion with the recruiter was for Programming/Software Engineering, when they asked me in for an interview it ended up being for an Analyst position. When they found out I was interested in a programming role, they pretty much ended the interview on the spot, thanked me for my time etc.

Client Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Benefit Group in August 2012.

2 interviews and 1 test.

Set offer.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Security Benefit Group in May 2011.

I met with a HR representative who asked very standard behavioral questions, I met with a more technical manager who asked pretty standard questions about my technical background and experience, and then I met also with the CIO who asked me some more questions about my experience. Everyone was very polite and wanted to share information about the company with me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the future of mobile development (such as with iPhone, iPad)?   Answer Question
    I was given an offer, and I asked for a week to consider it since I had other offers on the table at the time. I was given a week, but begrudgingly so. I didn't negotiate salary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Benefit Group in May 2010.

I received a phone call from HR, and was noticed to have phone interview with SB. It's was my first interview, I didn't prepare very well.3 interviewers were so nice to me over the phone. I think I was overqualified on that position, unfortunately I didn't get offer from them.

Digital Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Benefit Group in May 2010.

One on one interview with HR department, then a one on one with the print department's hiring manager. Tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? (Due to the fact that this was just a job to pay the bills while I look for something more related to my degree)   Answer Question