Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in June 2014.

I was called by corporate because they were interested in hiring me. I interviewed in my hometown, and was supposed to get a call back. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Interview Questions
    • Future goals, ideas for success, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in May 2011.

Long time till you hearback, position being hired for not clear, no really hard questions or tests other than personality test after you're hired. Not always interviewed in the same office you go to work in so you don't meet the actual people you'll be working with.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg.

I went through a simple 2 interview process, everything was timely and went well up until the end of the final interview. Received an email about another job before hearing that i was not selected for that job!

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg.

2 rounds of interviews, detailed background check, reference check, professional license check, education check

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in November 2013.

My first impression of SFC was a positive one. The interviewer and I seemed to click, and he called the next day to extend a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. As a matter of fact, this was probably the easiest interview I have ever been a part of.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate since the interviewer offered me a little more than he initially told me was the starting wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in November 2013.

O.K. I applied for this job in late September and they got back to me in November!! O.K. I am a dedicated Glassdoor fan and I couldn't find hardly any detailed interviews about this and of course...I had an interview at this job! I will be as detailed as possible so that you will be prepared! So, I received a phone call on a Wednesday from the HR supervisor. He basically went over my entire resume and asked for each job "describe your duties at this particular job." He told me what this company was and what they did here. He asked if I had any questions about the job. He emphasized that the company does do "fieldwork." I didnt know what this was, but in this type of fieldwork, you have to go to the clients homes if they are not paying their payments on their loan. I agreed to the terms.The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and he asked me to come in for a interview on Friday. The interview was very laid back. I was in a room with just the 1 HR supervisor that I spoke to. He asked me about 20 questions. It was not hard questions at all...trust me ive been on a number of interviews, plus I hate them!!! He asked me the same questions as over the phone. (describe your duties) (customer service questions) there was maybe 2 STAR questions but it was easy breezy!! He then told me that it might be awhile before they can get back with me, and if I had any questions or anything to contact them. He also had the manager to talk to me and to describe to me a typical day at the workplace.( Also in this job there is a training that last for a week and its out of my city. Im not sure about other cities. But they pay for everything. Food, gas, hotel so you will not loose any money. But if you have children you may have to make arrangements. Because I had to) Anyways back to interview... So I thought...(I didn't get it ugh) But they called me Thursday of the following week and asked me if I had any questions about the job and if I was still able to do the "field work" and everything and I agreed!
    ***TIPS ON INTERVIEWS*** your interview starts right when you walk through the door whether you know it or not!
    ALWAYS back your answers up with evidence. Don't list a bunch of words when they ask to describe yourself. Say I am strongly devoted at the customer service, because...
    .List the skills and rewards to back up your statements!!
    GOOD LUCK! HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stress?
      When did you make a change in the workplace that better the company?
        View Answer
    The pay is a little over $10.00 but that's if you have experience. I didn't negotiate because Ive been looking for a job for 2 years that's better than part-time and min wage so I didn't care what it was! Oh and they have GREAT benefits!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clayton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in September 2011.

Filled out paper application and submitted to local office the same day. Received call back 3 days later. Went in for face to face interview, and was called back 2 business days later, for another face to face interview. Called back another 2 business days later with an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I had to "sell a pen" to the interviewer, which corresponded with selling money to customers   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it deal.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in April 2011.

You will enter the store branch and interview witha recruiter. They will ask the typical "interview" scenario questions. First, you will be asked to describe yourself, then you will have to answer the if, then, and explain the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Explain for me a time when you went above and beond? Be specific.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. The salary is based on experience in the collection field.

Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in January 2010.

The interview was minimal. My questions were not answered, rather avoided. They do a great sales pitch, but, when talking with others who work there, the company suffers a high turnover rate with employees and the hours vs pay is under standard. It wasnt worth the time.

Company has too high of a turn-over.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in April 2010.

My interview was scheduled on a day that this office was having a job fair.

Nothing

Worked for Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg? Contribute to the Community!