Security Industry Specialists

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview it went very well it wasn't long or draining and he got straight to the point of what the job description was and what was expected.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told him what i was looking for and he matched the salary.

Cupertino, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in March 2012.

Interview Details – First I was called by a recruiter, a few days after I completed the application. Next I met with the recruiter for a short interview to assess my background, professional demeanor and guard credentials. Next I met with the on duty Watch Commander to discuss security scenarios and he also asked about my background and to me about compensation and benefits for full-time employees. The offer was extended by the recruiter upon approval by the Facility Manager.

Interview Question – No questions standout   Answer Question

Security Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. Heard back from an HR rep about 4 days later who immediately began an over-the-phone interview and then scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with the supervisor I would be working with if I got hired. He also asked me over the phone to bring a copy of my resume and a picture ID; and about which of the two sites in the area that I would prefer to work at. I chose the one closest to my home. I arrived at the site, where I accidentally went through the wrong entrance and they had to redirect me to the correct one. They were very polite and professional throughout the process. I had to pass through multiple layers of security checkpoints to get into the site, but they helped me get into the facility easily and without much hassle. I was interviewed in a room connected to the main lobby of the facility. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. Most of the questions they asked me were about my previous job experience. Whether I had any security experience and what I did at those other jobs. Not much deviation from other interviews I've had in the past. Then at the end of the interview they turned the time over to me to allow them to ask any questions. I didn't have any so they turned me loose. Overall it was an excellent interview experience and I actually enjoyed a job interview for once.

Interview Question – Can you please describe yourself in one word that you haven't used in this interview yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They brought me in for a second interview very similar to the first one. I was brought into the same room and the supervisor outline the job for me and asked if I wanted to accept and I did.

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is can be pretty lengthy.They are very selective about getting the "right" person for the job, and will substitute a professional appearance, and good work ethic for experience. They do seem to have a high number of people with military experience hired as well. The main things they look for is Attitude, Attendance, and Appearance, as those are the three main company values. That said, looking really good in an interview will not hurt, as well as expressing a desire to do your best every day, regardless of the challenges!
Most of the time, you will have to do 2-3 interviews, including a phone screening, before being selected. That depends on how many spots are needed to be filled, and how many applicants they have. I only had one interview at the time but it did take about a week and a half for them to get back to me with the official job offer, so be patient if you aren't contacted right away. If you have no experience, they will often train you and purchase necessary licensing for you if hired. The drug testing and screening process is a lot more simple than most too. You will need to get a background check, and have a valid drivers license to work there. It helps to have a guard card, but again, they will train you if you are the right candidate.

Interview Question – Questions as far as my memory served me, were pretty simple.

Expect questions like these:
Would you be willing to work overtime, if a fellow employee called off last minute?
Are you okay with walking 10-15 miles a night? (You don't really walk that much)

They will also ask questions about your basic computer skills, needed for some of the programs they run. And of course, you have your basic interview questions: "Have you ever had to do ____ before, and if so how did you handle it?" etc.

The questions are not really too difficult to answer. An applicant who expresses a great desire to have and maintain a good attitude, attendance, and appearance, is the applicant most likely to get the job.
  Answer Question

South Jordan, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in March 2011.

Interview Details – I found this job on craigslist.com, and got my first interview within 3-4 days. After my initial interview it took about a week for a job offer to come (which was nice cause I got my offer the day i quit my previous job)

Interview Question – The manager at the time asked fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in May 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview process was quite fast and easy! They are on a rush to hire as many people as possible. They ask general questions about your Resume and how you heard of the company, They ask if standing for long hours at a time is ok. If they believe you are a good fit you will be hired on the spot and have to take a cotton swab drug test. After you pass you fill out more paper work and setup your direct deposit information. Make sure you bring all your information (Guard Card, ID, SSN, Bank info)

Interview Question – None, I had no experience and was hired immediately.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, You are told what your payed and what to expect. If you agree you are hired.

Flex Interview

Flex

Interviewed at Security Industry Specialists

Interview Details – personal info asking they shoud not be asking

Interviewed at Security Industry Specialists

Interview Details – Got a phone call from site manager. Call comes from an 800 number. Interviewed by a panel of three security managers. Asked basic interview and situational questions. Interview lasts 45-90 minutes. They'll ask what the chain of command means to you. Easy stuff

Negotiation Details – No negotioan. Want the job? Yes or no

Specialist Interview

Specialist
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Security Industry Specialists in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter, interview by recruiter and site management (two people), background check is online credit check. Can take a week to several weeks.

Interview Question – How do you define ethics?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very straightforward and quick.

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Security Industry Specialists.

Interview Details – First you apply on their website or where ever there is a job posting. If you are chosen you will be interviewed by an HR representative most likely the one who called you. Finally you'll be interviewed by a Watch Commander.

Interview Question – None. If you have common sense or you've been in security for awhile you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Security Industry Specialists? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Security Industry Specialists interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Security Industry Specialists employees and interview candidates.