Security Industry Specialists Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Security Industry Specialists

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in January 2015.

I applied online for a supervisors position at a site in Cambridge. I recieved a phone call within s couple days for an initial "interview" asking to clarify my experience and education, where at the end I was set up to meet with a corporate manager face to face in Boston.
    The meeting was very informal, and me showing up in a professional suit, I felt entirely over dressed and a bit unnerved by a corporate manager who showed up in jeans and a polo...
    but nevertheless, the meeting proceeded with an in depth 2 way conversation about the job details, and industry best practices in security, I felt more like I was discussing industry with a colleague than being interviewed by a corporate big wig.
    he was very impressed with my resume, and my understanding of the industry, but said he had no openings for the supervisors position had been filled.
    so after an hour talking about scheduling, risk assessments, hazard mitigation, ISO's, CMR's, and mass general law as it relates to security practices - he started trying to sell me on taking a position as an unarmed guard, because he really wanted me with the company.
    He offered me $16 an hour, with 0 negotiation, with no possible over time, and am hour and a half commute from my home.
    I had to decline, and felt a little bit offended by the offer.
    Had the offer been negotiated, and an established path towards career advancement and promotional opportunity had been incorporated, I would have taken the job in a heart beat.
    It was the unwillingness to negotiate or consider my skills for training in another position that turned me off, and the fact that I was misled about the availability of the supervisors position.

Interview Questions
    • Just basically went down my CV by line items and talked about previous experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists.

Over the phone by recruiter. Very basic questions about experience and whether applicant has a current guard card. This was part of a massive hiring/staffing effort, claiming to hire the top 10% of all applicants.
    A dubious claim.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any visible tattoos and if so, can they be covered up?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest City, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in October 2014.

Very unprofessional.
    Requested interview for supervision position and was denied
    Supaervision positions were chosen before interviews were applied for
    Company already had supervisors picked from old company. Did not allow anyone else to apply.
    They used recommendations of old company supervisors for all positions
    The old company supervisors were the problem

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk or stand for long periods of time   View Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in August 2014.

I was contacted by the Recruiting Manager. He did an initial phone screen and then scheduled me for an in person interview. Unfortunately, he was very unprofessional in the actual in person interview. I'm not sure if he was really sick or on drugs but he should have just rescheduled. He never got back to me which confirms my suspicion in the quality of their recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that people assume about you that is wrong?   View Answer

Security Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in November 2013.

Applied on their website. Heard back from an HR rep about 4 days later who immediately began an over-the-phone interview and then scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with the supervisor I would be working with if I got hired. He also asked me over the phone to bring a copy of my resume and a picture ID; and about which of the two sites in the area that I would prefer to work at. I chose the one closest to my home. I arrived at the site, where I accidentally went through the wrong entrance and they had to redirect me to the correct one. They were very polite and professional throughout the process. I had to pass through multiple layers of security checkpoints to get into the site, but they helped me get into the facility easily and without much hassle. I was interviewed in a room connected to the main lobby of the facility. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. Most of the questions they asked me were about my previous job experience. Whether I had any security experience and what I did at those other jobs. Not much deviation from other interviews I've had in the past. Then at the end of the interview they turned the time over to me to allow them to ask any questions. I didn't have any so they turned me loose. Overall it was an excellent interview experience and I actually enjoyed a job interview for once.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please describe yourself in one word that you haven't used in this interview yet?   Answer Question
    They brought me in for a second interview very similar to the first one. I was brought into the same room and the supervisor outline the job for me and asked if I wanted to accept and I did.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in September 2013.

I had one interview it went very well it wasn't long or draining and he got straight to the point of what the job description was and what was expected.

Interview Questions
    I told him what i was looking for and he matched the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in May 2013.

The Interview process was quite fast and easy! They are on a rush to hire as many people as possible. They ask general questions about your Resume and how you heard of the company, They ask if standing for long hours at a time is ok. If they believe you are a good fit you will be hired on the spot and have to take a cotton swab drug test. After you pass you fill out more paper work and setup your direct deposit information. Make sure you bring all your information (Guard Card, ID, SSN, Bank info)

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation, You are told what your payed and what to expect. If you agree you are hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Security Industry Specialists in April 2013.

The interview process is can be pretty lengthy.They are very selective about getting the "right" person for the job, and will substitute a professional appearance, and good work ethic for experience. They do seem to have a high number of people with military experience hired as well. The main things they look for is Attitude, Attendance, and Appearance, as those are the three main company values. That said, looking really good in an interview will not hurt, as well as expressing a desire to do your best every day, regardless of the challenges!
    Most of the time, you will have to do 2-3 interviews, including a phone screening, before being selected. That depends on how many spots are needed to be filled, and how many applicants they have. I only had one interview at the time but it did take about a week and a half for them to get back to me with the official job offer, so be patient if you aren't contacted right away. If you have no experience, they will often train you and purchase necessary licensing for you if hired. The drug testing and screening process is a lot more simple than most too. You will need to get a background check, and have a valid drivers license to work there. It helps to have a guard card, but again, they will train you if you are the right candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Questions as far as my memory served me, were pretty simple.

Expect questions like these:
      Would you be willing to work overtime, if a fellow employee called off last minute?
      Are you okay with walking 10-15 miles a night? (You don't really walk that much)

They will also ask questions about your basic computer skills, needed for some of the programs they run. And of course, you have your basic interview questions: "Have you ever had to do ____ before, and if so how did you handle it?" etc.

The questions are not really too difficult to answer. An applicant who expresses a great desire to have and maintain a good attitude, attendance, and appearance, is the applicant most likely to get the job.

Answer Question

Flex Interview

personal info asking they shoud not be asking

Security Specialist Interview

Got a phone call from site manager. Call comes from an 800 number. Interviewed by a panel of three security managers. Asked basic interview and situational questions. Interview lasts 45-90 minutes. They'll ask what the chain of command means to you. Easy stuff

No negotioan. Want the job? Yes or no