Security Service Federal Credit Union

Very Easy Interview

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative
Taylorsville, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online than took a couple of days to get a call back from HR... He was very nice. Then got a call from the branch manager for in branch interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life. ha.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just offered it and i accepted since all their benefits were online on their website and application.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – I was initially phone screened followed by an in-person interview which lasted an hour.

Interview Question – Explain what you did on daily basis in (Project name)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a contracting position, everything was discussed before the in person interview. So it was a smooth experience for me.

Mcc Interview

Mcc

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – easy interview process, but they are picky, in my class we were 2 hire out of more the 15 applicants,

Negotiation Details – i was offer 13.00 but when they last call to offer me a job i had to ask for more and got it

Very Easy Interview

Senior Loan Officer Interview

Senior Loan Officer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union in January 2012.

Interview Details – -Phone interview with Human Resources
-Face to Face interview with Consumer Lending Supervisor and Manager
During this interview management was most concerned with weather or not I would be able to work the schedule involving 1 and 1/2 Saturdays per month. Various details of job requirements were "candy coated". I was not shown the department layout "cubicles".

Interview Question – The interview was very relaxed. No difficult or unexpected questions were asked. I was fully qualified, they were just concerned about the Saturday rotation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, however after starting and seeing the stress level , staff shortage, and multiple Saturdays required to work I wish I had negotiated at least $5k more.

Member Service (Call Center) Representative Interview

Member Service (Call Center) Representative
San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed May 2011 in San Antonio, TX (took a day)

SSFCU appears to post jobs as if they are actual specific job openings, which is misleading. Candidates are explicitly asked two times, before they even interview, to state their availability. I was told I would be notified regarding the outcome of my interview but was not; after repeated attempts I finally found out that I was eligible for hire but there weren't any openings matching my extensive availability. It appears this company conducts cattle calls under the pretense that there are specific job openings. It's really just a means for them to collect qualified applicants to "put in a bucket", if ever needed. They should be more forthcoming when they post jobs. EOE??

Interview Question – Please explain periods of unemployment.   Answer Question

Customer Service - Call Center Representative Interview

Customer Service - Call Center Representative
San Antonio, TX

Interview Details – SSFCU appears to post jobs as if they are actual specific job openings, which is misleading. Candidates are explicitly asked two times, before they even interview, to state their availability. I was told I would be notified regarding the outcome of my interview but was not; after repeated attempts I finally found out that I was eligible for hire but there weren't any openings matching my extensive availability. It appears this company conducts cattle calls under the pretense that there are specific job openings. It's really just a means for them to collect qualified applicants to "put in a bucket", if ever needed. They should be more forthcoming when they post jobs.

Interview Question – Please explain periods of unemployment.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union in May 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted a staffing agency looking for a Junior Software Developer position. The recruiter told me about a position available at SSFCU and scheduled an interview for me that same week. The interview took place at the staffing agency. It was two 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with the VP of Development. The manager asked mostly big picture questions about my experience. The VP asked technical questions related to bullet points on my resume, to gauge whether I really knew the stuff I had listed.

I thought the interview went very well, but I received a rejection email from the recruiter a week later. He gave me a very generic reason for why they chose another candidate, but he also asked that I remove my tongue piercing for future interviews. I got the impression that SSFCU values a candidate's appearance more than their knowledge.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer. If my tongue ring was a deal breaker, I can't even imagine their reaction to my visible tattoos.

Interview Question – How would you react if you felt strongly about a tool or technology you wanted to work with but your supervisor disagreed with it and wanted to use something else instead?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Security Service Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Security Service Federal Credit Union interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Security Service Federal Credit Union employees and interview candidates.