Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Examiner I Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Examiner I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Unable to provide the details as it was several years ago. I only remember being told that the salary could not be negotiated.

Unable to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Standard interview questions- Why would you be a good fit, what kind of a worker are you, Describe a time you dealt with a stressful situation, etc.

Since it was an entry-level job, I was asked why I wanted a job in Claims.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the people that interview you, they may throw out a weird question in there just to see how you react under pressure. Just keep your cool.   Answer Question
    It was my first job, so I didn't really negotiate much. Maybe I should have!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in November 2011.

I interviewed with Sedgwick CMS, about a week before Thanksgiving. I thought the interview went fine. I was told after my interview I would know something next week. The following week I received a call from ADP, a background check service. I was told more info was needed from me which I returned the same day. I kept in contact with them and nothing else was needed . I also called and talked with the manager who advised me background checks were being done, which I already knew and that I would know something within the next week. It is now January 1st , 2012. I have not received a call, email or letter letting me know that I did or did not get the job. So I am in complete limbo. This is a horrible way to keep in contact with a applicant, especially after I was told I would know the following week , and a background check done on me and still no offer or denial. By the way they are still posting for the job weekly.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you a good candidate to work for Sedgwick?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in August 2011.

Hiring as an internal candidate. Met with operations manager and departmental manager.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle recovery of funds from a nonpaying interest?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation. Salary was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in August 2010.

My friend referred me. She sent my resume to the right people and that afternoon they had called to set up an interview. The interview went well and the interviewed insinuated that as long as I passed the background check, the job was mine. There was also an online application and an assessment that used logic problems. They called me 10 days later to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in July 2009.

Interview and hiring process was quick & easy. I interviewed over the phone. Then I went in for 2 one-on-one interviews. The office is in a great location. The office was very open and inviting but it was not lively. The "open door" policy with management was very evident though. All managers kept their doors open and adjusters would just walk up and enter if they had any questions. Dress code was business casual.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how you overcame that obstacle.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate anything. I felt that I was being low-balled on the salary and it took me a week to give them my acceptance. And, they actually waited! That alone should have indicated to me that no other candidates were willing to take this job at that pay. The office manager would not budge on the salary. Given the recession and my need to get back in the workforce, I took the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2009.

The interview was conducted in a semi-casual setting back in 2008, with questions focusing on prior experience, career objectives, strengths, weaknesses, and educational background. I work a shirt and tie without suit--and would recommend the same. Dress at Sedgwick is business casual, and full suits look out-of-place. I feel I conducted myself well, but would have emphasized by confidence with one-on-one conversations and empathy if I were interviewed again.

The interview questions were pretty basic:

*Tell me about yourself
    *why did you leave your last job
    *what kind of experience do you have in the insurance industry
    *what can you tell me about Sedgwick CMS
    *Where do you see yourself in next five years
    *what are your career goals?
    *are you currently in school or did you graduate?
    *Can you please provide an example of a high potential claim that you had to resolve
    *Have you taken recorded statements before? Have you worked with attorney's before?

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was given to me in writing. I had then called and attempt to negotiate my wage but the hiring supervisor said that this was the top end for starting wage with this position. There was no room for movement on the supervisors end. After three years of working here, I found out that they do not necessarily have a high end for starting wage from another colleague who was hired at about $6K higher than me.