Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

You will first be contacted by the recruitment team and then will be sent to a specific location. Beware- the company will not allow you to change accounts for a minimum of one year, even then it has to be a promotion and may be blocked by management at your location. Where you start is where you are likely to remain for the remainder of your career with them.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you chose to go into claims management? (seriously, who choses this field?)   Answer Question
I was unable to negotiate more than the hours and they have flex scheduling for salaried workers anyway.

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in April 2013.

There are a series of interviews and also a writing test. First, a third party recruitment company calls for a phone screen. If you qualify, you go in for an in-person interview at the office. It is a pretty standard interview. They ask you about yourself, what you know about the company, etc. If they like you in the interview, they have do 2 writing samples in the conference room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in May 2011.

Recruiter set up face to face interview with hiring manager. Interview was fairly easy and relaxed. Questions were based off experience, a few behavioral questions, for example, "tell me about a time you went over and beyond the call of duty", strengths, weaknesses, etc. Personality test was also required tone considered for position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you had to meet a deadline and what you did to meet that deadline   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in September 2011.

Incredibly disappointing experience with Sedgwick. I received a voice mail from the recruiter the week after I applied. I was still employed at the time and could not take the call. I called over my lunch and reached voice mail. Two days later I called again since there had been no response to my previous message, voice mail again. This went back and forth for 3 weeks. In the last couple voice mails I left, I even outlined the best hours to reach me and explained that due to the nature of my job, I could not take cell phone calls during working hours. The last voice mail I left was on a Thursday. On a whim, I called again the following Wednesday and finally reached the recruiter. She initially sounded annoyed that I had interrupted her with my call. She then asked if I would be able to come in for an interview the next day, which I could not. I again explained to her that I did have a full time job and asked her if I could come in the following Thursday since I did not want to make it obvious to my employer that I was looking. I told her that I could do anytime after 4 the following Thursday so I could have time to move things around. She then proceeds to tell me that after 4 would be too late and that she did not think that they could wait another week to interview. She said since she was in their Memphis office and the job was at one of their branches, she would check with them and let me know. I also told her that I would also be willing to do a phone interview and explained that while I was looking, I did not want to put my current position in jeopardy. She basically told me that she would have to contact the branch office before she could tell me anything else. Less than an hour later, I received their standard rejection email for the very same job I had just talked to her about. Needless to say, I was rather irritated by this. Ultimately, I feel that I was rejected simply because the recruiter did not want to put in the work. To tell me that she didn't know if they could wait another week to interview after playing phone tag with me for 3 weeks is incredibly unprofessional. The least she could have done is call me back to tell me what the branch told her and I would have made the extra effort to work with them. I understand that the prospective employer has the upper hand in any situation, but to have left messages back and forth for 3 weeks, one would think that their interest would have gone beyond how easy it is to set up an interview. Just overall a rather disappointing and unprofessional experience.

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in September 2011.

Received a phone call detailing the position. Had a 10-15 minute phone interview about basic job skills, knowledge of company, etc. Was given a date to go in for a face-to-face interview the next week. Group/panel interview consisted of basic interview questions and took about 20-30 minutes. Was told that a decision would be made within the next week or so. Received a rejection via email about a week and a half after the interview.

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in December 2008.

You will have at least one face to face interview. You have to complete personality test, IQ test, and skills test thru online.

This job is not very everyone, which require special personality. People, office, and work culture are nice. However, you need to be ready to work hard. Caseloads are various depend on which account you work for.