Sedgwick Claims Management Services

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Center Representative Interview

Service Center Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process is horrible they have to check all previous jobs that you worked at before they hire you which some times takes a while. Besides that its not to bad but still very annoying

Negotiation Details – i didnt

SCR Interview

SCR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line then was asked to complete and online test. Then received phone call for initial interview with a few questions, then selected for in office interview with manager and asst. manager, computer skills test

Interview Question – What in your previous experience do you feel prepares you for this position.   View Answer

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Liability Claims Adjuster
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – Easy and fairly painless. I went in and two people asked me questions. They liked me, so it wasn't too difficult. I was offered a job on the spot after the big boss showed up.

Interview Question – I didn't really get any out of the box questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Claims Assistant Interview

Claims Assistant
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call within 24 hours to set up an interview. Interviewed with 3 people. Within 2 weeks I received notice that my background checks were being conducted. Received an offer today - 3 weeks from initial interview.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was set but was able to negotiate start time

Claims Trainee Interview

Claims Trainee
Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR rep in Tennessee who scheduled my interview. I do not know if they forwarded my information to the office because no one seemed prepared for me when I showed up. I came from my other position at the time, so I was wearing a suit, but everyone was in slacks and much more casual. In the interview room, I sat down with an older gentleman and someone in their late 20's who was already managing his department. They also had someone from South Carolina conference in to listen and ask questions. Most of the questions were about why I wanted to go into claims and a series of hypothetical situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Question – If I had to leave the office at 5pm and it was not possible for me to leave even a minute later, but I was presented with an important assignment at 4:15pm due before I left, but required at least two hours or work and I already had very important assignments I also had to finish before I left, what would I do?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – They like to see good qualifications like a good college degree and considerable work experience. Education goes a long way with big companies. Interview process was like any other and they do ask you a lot of questions you will have to think about so be ready.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to juggle multiple tasks and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate a tiny bit. Good experience.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP
Sun Prairie, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – After completing the application form for this position and submitting my resume, I was contacted by a Segwick recruiter several days later to conduct a basic phone interview and to complete an online personality assessment. The phone questions were nothing too difficult (ie. "Describe your past education background & previous job duties", "What did you like most/least about those jobs", etc.) and the personality assessment was nothing more than a list of descriptors that you selected to best describe yourself and what you thought were ideal traits for someone for this job. Three days later, I was messaged with an invite to interview in-person for the Claims Professional Trainee (aka. Claims Examiner Trainee), where the one-on-one interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of additional questions, a more in-depth description of the job, and an opportunity to ask your own questions. After that (5 days later, to be exact), I got an email asking for some additional information on my job background, including job addresses, phone numbers, who to contact, etc. This was all for Sedgwick to complete their background check on you (which is a good sign, considering after the in-person interview, if they like you, you'll be getting this message). After that, cross your fingers and hope for the best - there's nothing more you can do right now. Fortunately, I was contacted a little more than a week after I had submitted my additional background information with a job offer from Sedgwick, where they took the opportunity to explain the pay and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions

• "What was your favorite aspect of your previous positions?" followed shortly by, "What was your least favorite aspect of previous positions?"   View Answer
  • "How do you tend to handle stressful situations?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Considering the pay and benefits associated with this position were an extreme improvement over my previous job, I didn't find a real need to negotiate for better terms.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – Company came off very disorganized at least during the interview process. The hiring mgr had a family emergency the day I was scheduled to interview, and somehow managed to contact everyone else except me. I let it slide (against my better judgement), and had the recruiter reschedule the interview for two weeks later. Interview seemed to go ok. Was unstructured, and basic questions regarding skills/experiences/resume were asked, no behavioral STAR questions.

The interview took place almost 4 weeks ago, and I have yet to receive any sort of yay or nay answer. Based off the disorganized recruitment process, lack of communication, and low pay (38k which is def below industry standard), I would no longer be interested anyway even if I was contacted.

From past experience, I have learned a disorganized recruitment process is often reflective of department conditions. Hiring manager also mentioned, the 2 previous people in the position left before a year and hinted there weren't many opportunities for growth. No thanks.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – Fairly quick process. Laid back. Only had to talk to one or 2 people about the position. Had 2 or 3 conversations with a HR representative. Very robotic HR reps. This shows in how the corporate culture is.

Negotiation Details – No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, several online tests, a Spanish phone interview and face to face interview.

Interview Question – what project have you created in your life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!