Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.5

Claims Representative IAP Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, in fact it wasn't even much of an interview. They asked me questions about job history and why I want the job. Then the HR rep set me up for an in person interview with two claims managers. Although i was well dressed, intensely professional, and dialed in, the interview was pretty laid back. They again asked about my job experience, behavioral questions, and whether I was ok with relocating. The process in my area has been lightening fast, they called me back within a week and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself?
      Why do you want this job?
      Why this company?
      What if you complete an assignment, then you're team lead makes you do it again?
      Do you have any questions? HAVE QUESTIONS READY!! Follow up on anything you need clarification on.

Just look up the behavioral questions, practice, and one should be fine.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations was pretty much, "We're offering you this, are you ok with that" Me: "Yep". In short, I don't think they do too much negotiating.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hilliard, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied via Monster on Thursday. Had the initial phone interview on Friday and was emailed the links for the skills test which included a 3 minute typing test, spelling, math, grammar multiple choice.

Second phone interview on Monday and in person interview on Tuesday. The phone interviews were very pleasant as was the in person.

Given a mini paper application to list last 3 employers and why you left along with who to contact.

However, the "reception" area was an office with one chair and a phone where you had to call an extension to let them know you were there. I was in a call que for 10 minutes before I got someone who advised that a supervisor would be told I was there.

Was ill so wasn't up to par and knew I wouldn't get an offer but had pretty much decided after the "reception" area and waiting in que that I wasn't interested as any company that has customers holding that long is understaffed.

Interview Questions

• What would your former supervisor have to say about you   Answer Question
    • We all have areas where we need to improve, what would you say yours is?   Answer Question
    • Tell me anything about yourself, work wise or personal that you want to share   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Claims Representative-IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I applied online, and was called for an interview within 2-3 weeks. Interview was with two team leads, straight forward typical interview questions. Great interviewers, made me feel at ease when answering questions. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor that told you to do something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, advised of upcoming vacation prior to 90 days- no issues.

Claims Representative - IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Applied online, received call from recruiter in TN about 4 days later. Answered general questions regarding previous employment, what I know about Sedgwick, why im interested, etc. She stated she would send my info to the Ops manager and call me back with an interview date. She also sent me emails to complete their application and personality/skill tests. She called back 3 days later with a time to meet for interview. Met with 2 claim supervisors and the operations manager (3:1 ratio). Several STAR based questions. They ask additional questions based on your answers. Stated they would be working fast to fill the position. 4 days went by, I contacted recruiter for a update. She called asking for some documents regarding my previous job (they were doing my background check BEFORE any offers), The next day I was contacted by HR with an offer. I accepted. After interview, it took exactly 1 week for an offer. They did do my background check before any feedback on my interview. Be honest on your resume/application. They check it all!

Interview Questions

• STAR questions (tell me a time when), work history, they are looking for a positive, tactful, and professional personality. You dont have to have experience within claims for most of their positions however they want to ensure you are a good fit for a claims handler. Someone who can handle 175+ claim load. Ability to "embrace change".   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I actually interviewed here twice (applied twice in about two months). After the initial interview by the hiring manager (who's actually the Director), you'll get a second interview (on the same day) from your direct boss. In the first interview, they ask you typical questions such as, "Why do you want to work here?" or "How do you handle work stress?" Lots of situational questions as well. Before I forget, prior to the interview they will have to take some tests online to assess your level of basic math, English, computer skills, etc. After the interview, you'll also take a written test. A short essay of sorts. I got a tour of the office and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you did something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Long and robotic. The initial interviewer was working off of a script and it was easy to tell. I understand that they have points to hit but they can be more of a human than a robot. It is such a large corporation that you feel like a number getting moved along.

Interview Questions

• Explaining work examples of a job I had more than 10 years prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Precise and very detached, impersonable.

Claims Representative- IAP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and lasted about 1/2 hour. The two gentlemen I was interviewing with made the process easy and made me feel comfortable in answering any questions they had

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still waiting on and offer, or not

Interview

I applied online after being referred by an employee. TWO months later, I receive a rejection letter saying that I would not be considered for the position (after reviewing my qualifications and experience). I think this is absurd being that I have experience in Workers' Comp, yet they hired people who don't have a degree and no experience; they even stated it was mandatory that you have a degree. Terrible.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application, was called back within 10minutes. Had an interview with two managers, Took a typing test. Was emailed to do background check and called 2 days later to make an offer.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Applied online. Got a initial call to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was 15 minutes and was very basic. Do you like to do the same thing all day or switch it up? What to do you do if you don't know the answer to a question?
    Then they call and schedule you for a face to face interview at the location for which you applied. The Head Supervisor of the location and the Team Lead are the interviewers. They ask the same questions as on the phone interview but are looking for more detail. It was thirty minutes long. I got call with a job offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions regarding being an adjuster when I had not prior adjusting experience...   Answer Question