Sedgwick Claims Management Services

2.6

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2014.

Applied online and received a call within 24 hours to set up an interview. Interviewed with 3 people. Within 2 weeks I received notice that my background checks were being conducted. Received an offer today - 3 weeks from initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer
    Salary was set but was able to negotiate start time

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Fairly quick process. Laid back. Only had to talk to one or 2 people about the position. Had 2 or 3 conversations with a HR representative. Very robotic HR reps. This shows in how the corporate culture is.

Claims Examiner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in May 2014.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficutl for unexpected questions, as I was hired throught an agency and was hired as a temp and worked under a contract for 4 months with the employer and at the end of the contract I was let go   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I was hired as a temp throught an agency

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in April 2014.

Company came off very disorganized at least during the interview process. The hiring mgr had a family emergency the day I was scheduled to interview, and somehow managed to contact everyone else except me. I let it slide (against my better judgement), and had the recruiter reschedule the interview for two weeks later. Interview seemed to go ok. Was unstructured, and basic questions regarding skills/experiences/resume were asked, no behavioral STAR questions.

The interview took place almost 4 weeks ago, and I have yet to receive any sort of yay or nay answer. Based off the disorganized recruitment process, lack of communication, and low pay (38k which is def below industry standard), I would no longer be interested anyway even if I was contacted.

From past experience, I have learned a disorganized recruitment process is often reflective of department conditions. Hiring manager also mentioned, the 2 previous people in the position left before a year and hinted there weren't many opportunities for growth. No thanks.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Prairie, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in April 2014.

After completing the application form for this position and submitting my resume, I was contacted by a Segwick recruiter several days later to conduct a basic phone interview and to complete an online personality assessment. The phone questions were nothing too difficult (ie. "Describe your past education background & previous job duties", "What did you like most/least about those jobs", etc.) and the personality assessment was nothing more than a list of descriptors that you selected to best describe yourself and what you thought were ideal traits for someone for this job. Three days later, I was messaged with an invite to interview in-person for the Claims Professional Trainee (aka. Claims Examiner Trainee), where the one-on-one interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of additional questions, a more in-depth description of the job, and an opportunity to ask your own questions. After that (5 days later, to be exact), I got an email asking for some additional information on my job background, including job addresses, phone numbers, who to contact, etc. This was all for Sedgwick to complete their background check on you (which is a good sign, considering after the in-person interview, if they like you, you'll be getting this message). After that, cross your fingers and hope for the best - there's nothing more you can do right now. Fortunately, I was contacted a little more than a week after I had submitted my additional background information with a job offer from Sedgwick, where they took the opportunity to explain the pay and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions
    • "What was your favorite aspect of your previous positions?" followed shortly by, "What was your least favorite aspect of previous positions?"   View Answer
    • "How do you tend to handle stressful situations?"   View Answer
    Considering the pay and benefits associated with this position were an extreme improvement over my previous job, I didn't find a real need to negotiate for better terms.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in March 2014.

Phone interview, several online tests, a Spanish phone interview and face to face interview.

Claims Examiner I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Unable to provide the details as it was several years ago. I only remember being told that the salary could not be negotiated.

Unable to negotiate.

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

You will first be contacted by the recruitment team and then will be sent to a specific location. Beware- the company will not allow you to change accounts for a minimum of one year, even then it has to be a promotion and may be blocked by management at your location. Where you start is where you are likely to remain for the remainder of your career with them.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose to go into claims management? (seriously, who choses this field?)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate more than the hours and they have flex scheduling for salaried workers anyway.

Claims Assistant Interview

Did a phone interview and with one week had a call back to come in for in person interview. A week after in person interview they offered me the position. Quick process.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a project that you worked on from start to finish, and how did team work play to the completion of the project?"   Answer Question

Pay was not high enough

SCR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in November 2013.

Applied on line then was asked to complete and online test. Then received phone call for initial interview with a few questions, then selected for in office interview with manager and asst. manager, computer skills test

Interview Questions
    • What in your previous experience do you feel prepares you for this position.   View Answer