Sedgwick Claims Management Services

62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – You will first be contacted by the recruitment team and then will be sent to a specific location. Beware- the company will not allow you to change accounts for a minimum of one year, even then it has to be a promotion and may be blocked by management at your location. Where you start is where you are likely to remain for the remainder of your career with them.

Interview Question – Why did you chose to go into claims management? (seriously, who choses this field?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate more than the hours and they have flex scheduling for salaried workers anyway.

Very Easy Interview

Absence Management Team Lead Interview

Absence Management Team Lead
New Albany, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a piece of cake. I had the recruiter contact me to set up an interview with the hiring Manager. Two days later I spoke with him. After this call I received a 2nd call from his boss. Three days later they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about the FMLA process and what you know about it?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Claims Assistant

Interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Interview Details – Did a phone interview and with one week had a call back to come in for in person interview. A week after in person interview they offered me the position. Quick process.

Interview Question – "describe a project that you worked on from start to finish, and how did team work play to the completion of the project?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was not high enough

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP
Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – The whole hiring process took about a week & a half. I met the company recruiter at a school job fair, he informed me to apply online. A couple days later they scheduled an interview with me on tuesday . It was a 2 on 1 interview. The following monday i got the call from HR for an verbal acceptance.

Interview Question – The basic interview questions...how would you handle particular situations? how do you handle stress? Are you capable to meet deadlines and expectations etc.

if you ever worked in customer service and dealt with people on a constant, you should nail this interviews.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – im not sure if it was negotiable or not. HR told me the salary and asked if i accept the offer in which i did.

Claims Examiner I Interview

Claims Examiner I
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions- Why would you be a good fit, what kind of a worker are you, Describe a time you dealt with a stressful situation, etc.

Since it was an entry-level job, I was asked why I wanted a job in Claims.

Interview Question – Depending on the people that interview you, they may throw out a weird question in there just to see how you react under pressure. Just keep your cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job, so I didn't really negotiate much. Maybe I should have!

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and hired the same day. The interview was fairly short and to the point. It was mostly going over my job history and experiences. They are looking for someone who is decisive (you will need to be able to deny a claim) but provides good customer service. They are looking to make sure you are personable and can handle being yelled at by claimants or their attorneys.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me the same day and offered me my salary and I accepted over the phone.

Claims Examiner III Interview

Claims Examiner III

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty typical questions and process.

Interview Question – Negotiating the salary - they are pretty cheap.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable as pay ranges are set.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in November 2012.

Interview Details – was laid back and relax

Interview Question – what are the ways you handle a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they do not do negotiation

Claims Assistant Interview

Claims Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview Details – Came in as a temp. Say all positive things with a can-do attitude.

Interview Question – My weaknesses... Dont be truthful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation. take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Associate-Liability Interview

Claims Associate-Liability
Frisco, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a phone call for a face to face interview, two days later. I had the interview with the person who contacted me and someone else. They weren't prepared with interview question, basically random questions. They didn't write anything down or take notes. I was told if I wasn't chosen for the position to keep applying. When I left the interview I received a phone call from the Claims Manager telling me that the Claims Team Leader, who interviewed me, passed my resume to him and they would like me to come back for a second interview. I had the second interview and thought I did great. There wasn't any prepared interview questions again. I was asked, if I was chosen, how soon could I start and would I pass a credit check. I thought everything went great because I received an assessment test and a manual application to complete for my background and credit check. I called to follow up(because I didn't have an email address to send a follow up letter to) one week later. I also called again the next week. I didn't get a call back to update me or a rejection letter. They're still posting the position. I assumed I didn't get the position because they called me so fast whenever we missed each other calls at the beginning to schedule the initial interview but now I haven't heard any communication and it has been three weeks. I've actually accepted another company's offer with a similar position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sedgwick Claims Management Services