Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Interview

I applied online after being referred by an employee. TWO months later, I receive a rejection letter saying that I would not be considered for the position (after reviewing my qualifications and experience). I think this is absurd being that I have experience in Workers' Comp, yet they hired people who don't have a degree and no experience; they even stated it was mandatory that you have a degree. Terrible.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application, was called back within 10minutes. Had an interview with two managers, Took a typing test. Was emailed to do background check and called 2 days later to make an offer.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Applied online. Got a initial call to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was 15 minutes and was very basic. Do you like to do the same thing all day or switch it up? What to do you do if you don't know the answer to a question?
    Then they call and schedule you for a face to face interview at the location for which you applied. The Head Supervisor of the location and the Team Lead are the interviewers. They ask the same questions as on the phone interview but are looking for more detail. It was thirty minutes long. I got call with a job offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions regarding being an adjuster when I had not prior adjusting experience...   Answer Question

Disability Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

They were desperate to hire, there is a high turnover rate- so the questions were not hard. It was a pleasant experience overall. The job was explained differently than it has turned out to be- it is a constantly changing company, and sometimes the change can be stressful.

FMLA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Two managers interview you and ask about your background and a series of situational questions. From name a time when you had a miscommunications with a coworker. What took place? How did you handle it and what were the results? Other questions included how would you handle different situations like difficult co workers or difficult supervisors. There were questions that basically that showed whether or not you feel comfortable working on a team or as an individual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle the situation and how was it resolved?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Name a time you were asked to handle two or more projects and once? How did you handle it and what were the results?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told what the salary range was and I was offered the far end of that scale.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I applied on a Thursday afternoon, I was contacted the following Monday and set up an interview for that Friday. I was asked to complete 2 tests beforehand and fill out another application. The interview went fairly quick and the two people that interviewed me were great. I was contacted by ADP (the company they use to do background checks) a few days later to complete my background check and finally 2 weeks later I was contact by a recruiter at another location to offer me the job. Since I am currently employed, I wasn't exactly prepared to give my 2 weeks at my current job so I asked her if I was able to give her a call back and she agreed. I called her back the next day and left a message asking if I could speak to her about start time and whether or not the wage was negotiable...i never got a call back. I called again after the weekend, left a message and never got a call back. Unfortunately, I had to decline the offer anyway since they were offering too low from what my current wage was.

Wage was too low.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a Friday afternoon and was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I went to the company location for an interview in front of two Team Leads who had openings as well as the Claim Manager. They were all very friendly and I was contacted within 1 week to set up a telephonic interview with their client that they were interested in me handling. The client interview was just a few questions and lasted no more than 10 minutes. I received an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of claims you have handled with successful outcomes?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of claims you've handled with poor outcomes and explain what you could have done different?   Answer Question

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. I found the job on their website and completed the online application. It was about 4 days later I got a call for a face to face interview. I completed the online behavioral profile before the interview. I met with 2 team leaders and followed that up with the unit manager. I was put through the background check that afternoon. I received a generous offer 1 week to the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multi-task? But most questions were about my background and how will what I learned in those positions can carry over and help with this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate with the offer. I had a number already thought out what I was worth with my experience and it was exceeded with their offer.

Service Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Interview and hiring process is horrible they have to check all previous jobs that you worked at before they hire you which some times takes a while. Besides that its not to bad but still very annoying

Negotiation

i didnt

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in July 2014.

Interview

I applied June 20, 2014. I had a phone interview on July 7, and was offered the job on July 18. I,had one phone interview and a two person face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None