Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.6

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Fairly quick process. Laid back. Only had to talk to one or 2 people about the position. Had 2 or 3 conversations with a HR representative. Very robotic HR reps. This shows in how the corporate culture is.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in March 2014.

Phone interview, several online tests, a Spanish phone interview and face to face interview.

Claims Examiner I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Unable to provide the details as it was several years ago. I only remember being told that the salary could not be negotiated.

Unable to negotiate.

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

You will first be contacted by the recruitment team and then will be sent to a specific location. Beware- the company will not allow you to change accounts for a minimum of one year, even then it has to be a promotion and may be blocked by management at your location. Where you start is where you are likely to remain for the remainder of your career with them.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose to go into claims management? (seriously, who choses this field?)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate more than the hours and they have flex scheduling for salaried workers anyway.

Absence Management Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2013.

The hiring process was a piece of cake. I had the recruiter contact me to set up an interview with the hiring Manager. Two days later I spoke with him. After this call I received a 2nd call from his boss. Three days later they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the FMLA process and what you know about it?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Did a phone interview and with one week had a call back to come in for in person interview. A week after in person interview they offered me the position. Quick process.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a project that you worked on from start to finish, and how did team work play to the completion of the project?"   Answer Question

Pay was not high enough

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in October 2013.

The whole hiring process took about a week & a half. I met the company recruiter at a school job fair, he informed me to apply online. A couple days later they scheduled an interview with me on tuesday . It was a 2 on 1 interview. The following monday i got the call from HR for an verbal acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • The basic interview questions...how would you handle particular situations? how do you handle stress? Are you capable to meet deadlines and expectations etc.

if you ever worked in customer service and dealt with people on a constant, you should nail this interviews.
        Answer Question
    im not sure if it was negotiable or not. HR told me the salary and asked if i accept the offer in which i did.

Claims Examiner I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Standard interview questions- Why would you be a good fit, what kind of a worker are you, Describe a time you dealt with a stressful situation, etc.

Since it was an entry-level job, I was asked why I wanted a job in Claims.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the people that interview you, they may throw out a weird question in there just to see how you react under pressure. Just keep your cool.   Answer Question
    It was my first job, so I didn't really negotiate much. Maybe I should have!

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in February 2012.

I was interviewed and hired the same day. The interview was fairly short and to the point. It was mostly going over my job history and experiences. They are looking for someone who is decisive (you will need to be able to deny a claim) but provides good customer service. They are looking to make sure you are personable and can handle being yelled at by claimants or their attorneys.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. What did you do and why?   Answer Question
    They called me the same day and offered me my salary and I accepted over the phone.

Claims Examiner III Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in January 2009.

Pretty typical questions and process.

Interview Questions
    Not very negotiable as pay ranges are set.