Sedgwick Claims Management Services

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2011.

The interview process consisted of the following stages and spanned over 30 days:
    1.) Prescreening by Recruiter
    2.) Phone Interview
    3.) 1:1 with Dept. Mng
    4.) Group/Panel Interview with Dept Staff

The environment appeared to be very compartmentalize/isolated and the staff seemed very laid back or unenthused. However, the questions presented during the each interview were standard interview questions ( behavioral, functional, etc.). I would say during each stage, I was asked about 5 questions no more than 7.

Key Advice: Both the Recruiter and Hiring Manager indicated its not the experience, but how well the candidates personality fit with the team/staff they will be working with, a person can meet all the requirements and have endless experience in that area, but if the personality doesn't seem to gel with the staff then they will not be a good fit.

With that being said, if you have a charming personality and have a niche in relationship building, you will more than likely make through the interview process.

Interview Questions

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in August 2009.

Utterly painful. While I was interviewing, I felt the process was because they liked to ensure consensus in decisions. I later found out, that wasn't the case. In fact, the hiring manager wanted to pass but every other manager in the building wanted to hire. The hiring manager gave in to the pressure, then did everything possible to work against me. So, in hindsight, the interview process was so painful not because it might have been competitive, it was because the organization didn't really know what it was doing.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to screening test. The company reportedly places a high emphasis on the results of this test.   Answer Question
    Not bad. Make certain you understand the demands of the work environment.