See's Candies

2.5

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in November 2014.

Manager went through a set list of questions she had in front of her. A second interview was supposed to follow with the regional manager. She was too busy, so the manager called back to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    The manager has no control over wages.

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at See's Candies in September 2014.

I was contacted via email by the District Manager, and asked to call her for my initial phone interview. Then I had a face to face interview a few days later. Then had a phone interview with a higher up manager, had a follow up phone interview with the District Manager. My final interview was a face to face with the Shop Manager I would be working for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they had a set amount they were looking to pay.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in December 2013.

Straight forward interview , offered position at first interview. I was given a offer of employment at the first interview. I filled out the application at the store and I was interviewed the same day by the store manager and assigned to a position.

Interview Questions
    • Worst customer service experience, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at See's Candies in November 2013.

Relaxing , thorough, friendly and practical questions for the job

Interview Questions
    • Nothing , not difficult at all. and no unexpected questions. very straight forward   Answer Question

Seasonal Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at See's Candies in November 2013.

applied online via Craigslist, in person interview 2 days later

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would make a sale to a customer with allergies or dietary restrictions.   Answer Question

Seasonal Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Havasu City, AZ

There was an ad placed, when I sent my application there contacted me back via email and told me to come into the store on one of 2 days. It was open applications and interviews. ( they only had one spot available) . I filled out the application, they had us try on the uniforms for size, I was then interviewed. Was called with questions and concerns the next day and then got a call later the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if my children were going to be an issue. I was asked if my children got sick if I would call off of work. I was told that I am not what see's likes to hire, that I was too young, and asked how I would feel working with older staff. I was asked where my husband works and why I moved to this town.   View Answer
    I was told I would make 18$ an hour and then after started I was told 16$ but that was more than my last job so I should be happy. No negotiation, pay is what they decide.

Part-time Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in October 2013.

I filled out an in store application and received a call back a few days later for an interview with the store manager. She was extremely and nice and it was more of a relaxed interview. After the interview I had to wait for the district managers approval which took about a week and a half.

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at See's Candies.

I submitted my resume online and received a phone call shortly afterwards to schedule an Excel proficiency test and initial interview. I met with the HR manager at the corporate offices. The Excel test involved replicating an Excel spreadsheet utilizing the correct formatting (Dollars, Percentages, Merge&Center, Text Editing, etc.) and to populate your data using relevant formulas (Sums, Averages, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Describe your current position.
      What attracted you to this position?
      What would your last boss say about your work performance?
      Have you ever had an evaluation? What metrics did they use to measure your performance?
      What can a job offer to motivate you to stay for the long-term?
      What was your most challenging position?
      What was your most fun job?
      What job was most emotionally rewarding?

Answer Question

Sales Associate - Seasonal Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at See's Candies.

I went in and filled out an application in the store (which has to be filled out there). I didn't turn in a resume because I was not expecting to apply when I did.

Shortly after I received a phone call for an interview. I went in with a resume and spoke to the manager. She walked me through the store and gave me a tour. After that we discussed my resume and did some basic behavioral and interview-like questions. How would I react in x situation. She also tried to have me sell her a box of chocolate. After a 15ish minute interview I was done.

I received a phone call for a second interview a few days later and went in to interview with the district manager. She showed me how to cup candy and wrap boxes and had me do so for her to see if I could do it. It was fairly easy to do. She asked some more basic questions. Shortly after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • If I'm a customer, I want you to sell me a box of chocolate. How would you go about doing this?   View Answer
    None. Pay was set, but still above min. wage.

Seasonal Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in November 2012.

Group interview. They wanted to see if you could sell candy and help customers. They want to make sure you are nice.