See's Candies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at See's Candies (Newark, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply at the store, they schedule a interview. I previously had worked the Christmas season with See's. This helped in getting the floater position. They are also opening a new store which was motivation for additional hiring. See's has been in business since the 1920's. If you are in school and are looking for a Part-time job it may be nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had worked there previously as a seasonal sales associate.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at See's Candies.

Interview

Applied through the website. Got a phone interview with their recruitment manager. We talked on the phone and it was fairly typical. He asked about my experience and what kind of job I was looking for. Where I saw myself. It felt, as with many recruiters, that he was checking boxes—especially since I had partly answered some of his questions before we got to them just within the context of our conversation and he went through the motions of asking that question anyway. Otherwise perfectly pleasant and answered my questions about the company culture without reservation. I got the sense that See's is a good company to work for but has a very small in-house creative department with a fair number of lifers. I was looking for an opportunity where I could keep moving up to the next level but it seems like someone has to retire before hey give up a seat at the table. I didn't pursue this job further after that.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Manager went through a set list of questions she had in front of her. A second interview was supposed to follow with the regional manager. She was too busy, so the manager called back to offer the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager has no control over wages.

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at See's Candies in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the District Manager, and asked to call her for my initial phone interview. Then I had a face to face interview a few days later. Then had a phone interview with a higher up manager, had a follow up phone interview with the District Manager. My final interview was a face to face with the Shop Manager I would be working for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they had a set amount they were looking to pay.

Administration In Factory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at See's Candies (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online HR will set up interview with appropriate department Management. You are asked to take a Microsoft test to see if you are fit to create documents and forms and if you pass you have a second interview with higher management. If you pass the second interview and are their top candidate they will make an offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have and how can you relate it to this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies (San Mateo, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Straight forward interview , offered position at first interview. I was given a offer of employment at the first interview. I filled out the application at the store and I was interviewed the same day by the store manager and assigned to a position.

Interview Questions

• Worst customer service experience, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at See's Candies in November 2013.

Interview

Relaxing , thorough, friendly and practical questions for the job

Interview Questions

• Nothing , not difficult at all. and no unexpected questions. very straight forward   Answer Question

Seasonal Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at See's Candies (Burlington, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

applied online via Craigslist, in person interview 2 days later

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would make a sale to a customer with allergies or dietary restrictions.   Answer Question

Seasonal Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at See's Candies (Lake Havasu City, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

There was an ad placed, when I sent my application there contacted me back via email and told me to come into the store on one of 2 days. It was open applications and interviews. ( they only had one spot available) . I filled out the application, they had us try on the uniforms for size, I was then interviewed. Was called with questions and concerns the next day and then got a call later the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if my children were going to be an issue. I was asked if my children got sick if I would call off of work. I was told that I am not what see's likes to hire, that I was too young, and asked how I would feel working with older staff. I was asked where my husband works and why I moved to this town.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I would make 18$ an hour and then after started I was told 16$ but that was more than my last job so I should be happy. No negotiation, pay is what they decide.

Part-time Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an in store application and received a call back a few days later for an interview with the store manager. She was extremely and nice and it was more of a relaxed interview. After the interview I had to wait for the district managers approval which took about a week and a half.