See's Candies

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in November 2012.

Group interview. They wanted to see if you could sell candy and help customers. They want to make sure you are nice.

Other Interview Reviews for See's Candies

Seasonal Sales Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in October 2012.

applied in person. Was called and offered an interview. They worked around my schedule and were very friendly. I was given a second interview on the phone and she was also very nice and asked different quiestions. I was called back the next day and offered a job.

not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at See's Candies in October 2012.

Walked in and filled out an application.Got an interview a week later. Manager asked standard interview questions. She told me that there's another interview you must go through. Had the second interview about a week later over the phone all basically the same questions and review over basic things about handling lifting boxes standing long hours working until the season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at See's Candies in October 2010.

Saw a sign in the window that they company was hiring. I filled out an application & got a call requesting me to come in for an interview one week later. I was 15 minutes early for the interview but the interviewer didn't take see me for 45 minutes! One half hour after our interview time. Probably because the counter worker never told her I was there! Said she was too busy to pop her head in the back room until all customers had cleared the floor! The interviewer never stepped out to see if I had arrived! The Interviewer was young but very nice. She was not the store manager, She asked the basic questions...It was apparent that after working at many customer service, retail & management positions I was totally qualified for the job. I just wanted part time to cover some holiday expenses. She was nice but indicated that I needed to speak to the manager. Went to get her but the manager I guess didn't want to waste five minutes speaking to me. I saw her when I came in. She was young as well & probably threatened by having an actual, older professional experienced co-worker. Bottom-line, I left, said good bye politely, immediately followed up with a hand-written thank you note & then heard nothing. I did a follow up phone call a week after the interview & the employee on the phone would not give me to the young lady who interviewed me...told me to sit by the phone as they were in the process of doing call backs. That was two weeks ago. No one ever called. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at See's Candies in October 2007.

I applied in person at the store and got the interview 2 days later. The interview was pretty easy because I knew what to expect and was not new to retail at all. The manager said a I was very qualified to become a permanent team member. She told me how "her" store worked, that she was having a hard time firing the "bad apples" and she needed new team members. Everything seemed fine except the fact that she was already talking badly about her former employees, and calling the store "her" store. Anyways I accepted the temporary position with high hopes of becoming a permanent employee.. hopes she had given me. I never became a permanent employee and was given a ridiculous small amount of hours that holiday season.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself as a permanent part of our team?   View Answer
    The start-up pay is not bad at all for retail, but they tell you all this crap about giving you a higher wage depending on how many hours at work you accumulate?

Seasonal Sales Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at See's Candies in October 2012.

I saw a sign in the window of the shop, walked in and asked for an application. They gave me one and asked me to fill it out in the store. When I had finished, I gave it to the manager. A week or two later I received a call to schedule an interview with the store manager.
    The interview was informal. The manager asked me questions about how I view customer service, loss prevention, and how important do I think team work is. The only difficult (for me) thing they asked me to do was to demonstrate my sales ability. The manager told me to expect a call in a few days from the district manager to schedule my second interview.
    About a week after, I had my second interview with the DSM. Again, the interview was informal and comfortable. I was hired that day.
    Overall, it was a very positive and professional experience. Both managers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The pay is $9.35 an hour, which is standard to all seasonal sales associates.