Seer Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Seer Interactive.

HR stood me up on our first scheduled call. Rescheduled and had a good talk. Later went into the office for a group interview. One of the interviewers left half an hour in, and two other interviewers who were scheduled to be present (one being the only person who could judge my experience and qualifications being from the relevant department) were absent.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions so I didn't come out to a disadvantage in that regard, but it's still hard to impress people who don't work in your specific niche of digital marketing (one interviewer couldn't even answer some of my basic questions because of this). It came out to be a good interview, but I never heard back from HR or any other SEER representative about whether or not I made the cut. I had even sent a thank you note.

It looks like I dodged a bullet anyways, so it's all for the better! This agency is known to terminate people without notification. I also have prior experience with cult-like work environments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seer Interactive in July 2014.

I had a good conversation with the recruiter and an in-person interview with three representatives from paid search, content strategy, and SEO. Everyone I dealt with was pleasant and professional.

Overall, seemed like a good group of people. Smart, focused interview. They asked intelligent questions that I stumbled over but ultimately I think will help me in my job search.

Felt a bit overdressed. The guy that opened the door for me looked like he had crawled out of an Urban Outfitters catalog, replete with cutoffs, hipster eyewear and a tank top.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience in paid search? How would you explain paid search to our clients who use our other services?

Name a time when you contributed an idea to a project and explain how you managed to get buy off from everyone involved.

Explain your process for _______ in very detailed terms.
        Answer Question

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seer Interactive in June 2014.

3 interviews. One with HR, one with panel, and one with CEO. Everyone was super friendly and thorough. Come prepared and ready for a deep dive. There were no other candidates in my interviews like others had posted here. Everyone had good pertinent questions about SEO knowledge and they also asked what I'm into in my free time. I enjoyed each of the three interviews I had.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most innovative SEO campaign you have executed for a client?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Seer Interactive in March 2014.

After submitting my cover letter and resume online and connecting with a current SEER employee, a member of the HR team contacted me and set up a phone screen with one other member of HR. About a week later I was brought into the office for two panel interviews. The next day, I had a video call with the CEO, which was the last step of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to break down an aspect of my experience from beginning to end, and the thought process behind it. It wasn't a difficult question, but it required a good amount of critical thinking. The people at SEER who tend to do interviews are very good at interviewing without making you feel like you're being grilled, but you better believe they're paying attention.   Answer Question
    The offer package is generous, there's not much to negotiate as they're up front with salary expectations from the beginning.

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seer Interactive in February 2014.

I met with the HR Director over coffee to discuss my current experience and what SEER was looking for in their first Recruiter. Afterward, I was brought in to meet with several team member and also met one-on-one with both the President and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas that you would want to incorporate right away into our internship program?   Answer Question
    It was shared with me up front where they were at in terms of salary. Great benefits and unlimited vacation time so not much that I needed to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Seer Interactive in August 2013.

My interview process included two separate visits to the office. The first meeting was a more formal meeting where I got to understand the business and what they were looking for in an employee. This was where I was able to voice my expertise in writing and show SEER how I could positively contribute to the team. The second interview was far more hands-on as I was tasked to complete a mini-project and power points with another interviewee. It required us to work together under a time constraint and produce creative thoughts.

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Seer Interactive.

One of my weirder interviews that I'll be retelling for awhile. The phone screen went ok with no real back and forth and nothing special. I was called in for a face to face quickly after that, however ot was a group interview with >other candidates< despite making no mention of it being that prior. Obviously the companies information sharing was needing some work between teams and I don't know about you but considering literally no other company does this interview type why is this even being done? The Interview lasted 3 hours where you ran the gamut of general client screenings and questions/problems you face in this field along with others there giving feedback. In the end it felt more like some kind of coolest kid in class showboat than talking about skills and management styles.

I didn't get a response when they said they would be letting people know and found it off-putting. For all this noise about honesty, being "THE BEST" in caps, and hard workers I found all of their actions to be way off that selling point. Every agency BS's but to believe it that hard and be totally opposite was weird.

I never mentioned it at the time but I knew of SEER as a client at one of the companies I worked for. I was not impressed with them as a service provider - I always felt them to be a bit amateurish, but I wanted to give them a fair shot all the same. Generally my perceptions/concerns with them were confirmed at the interview. Despite touting as their leader puts it "THE BEST" my impression of them was they're not very experienced when it comes to anything professional or even large scale websites. The solutions they provided were chopping down trees but in the wrong forest. Or, even worse, spending time/budget on problems already known about. My verdict on the place: if you're starting out give it a shot but if you've been around the block in any capacity - run.

SEO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Seer Interactive in March 2012.

The interview process started with a skills test, where you are asked to research and recommend a digital content strategy for two different clients. A few days later, you're called in for a group interview, where you're given several tasks individually and in a group, followed by a lengthy Q-and-A session. Be prepared for anything, they obviously take hiring VERY seriously - SEER's top people spent 3 hours with us. Be confident and self-assured while showing how easy you would be to work with - my impression is that showing off your skills / experience in this stage isn't desirable (or even possible, really). Never got a call back, but I'm assuming a phone interview and maybe another face-to-face follows for finalist candidates. I'd be more specific about the group tasks, but they're likely to change anyway. As I said, they take hiring seriously and are probably constantly re-evaluating their methods. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why the person next to you would make an excellent match for our company culture. (Group interview)   Answer Question

SEO Associate Interview

The company contacted me to set up an interview. A few days before the interview, an office assistant emailed me that it needed to be rescheduled - I did so. Then, the day of the interview, the same office assistant emailed me to say the CEO (that I was supposed to interview with) had to cancel the interview and would not be rescheduling. I think this says a lot in terms of how the company works, and the lack of professionalism. The office assistant informed me that she would be in touch in the future if they wanted to reschedule; I told her not to bother. I had gone out of my way to be available that day for an interview that they cancelled, last minute. Better to know now than later, I guess.

Interview Questions
    • I never got the chance to answer any questions because they rudely cancelled my interview at the last minute.   Answer Question