Seer Interactive

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Associate Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seer Interactive in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met with the HR Director over coffee to discuss my current experience and what SEER was looking for in their first Recruiter. Afterward, I was brought in to meet with several team member and also met one-on-one with both the President and CEO.

Interview Question – What are some ideas that you would want to incorporate right away into our internship program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was shared with me up front where they were at in terms of salary. Great benefits and unlimited vacation time so not much that I needed to negotiate.

SEO Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview Details – One of my weirder interviews that I'll be retelling for awhile. The phone screen went ok with no real back and forth and nothing special. I was called in for a face to face quickly after that, however ot was a group interview with >other candidates< despite making no mention of it being that prior. Obviously the companies information sharing was needing some work between teams and I don't know about you but considering literally no other company does this interview type why is this even being done? The Interview lasted 3 hours where you ran the gamut of general client screenings and questions/problems you face in this field along with others there giving feedback. In the end it felt more like some kind of coolest kid in class showboat than talking about skills and management styles.

I didn't get a response when they said they would be letting people know and found it off-putting. For all this noise about honesty, being "THE BEST" in caps, and hard workers I found all of their actions to be way off that selling point. Every agency BS's but to believe it that hard and be totally opposite was weird.

I never mentioned it at the time but I knew of SEER as a client at one of the companies I worked for. I was not impressed with them as a service provider - I always felt them to be a bit amateurish, but I wanted to give them a fair shot all the same. Generally my perceptions/concerns with them were confirmed at the interview. Despite touting as their leader puts it "THE BEST" my impression of them was they're not very experienced when it comes to anything professional or even large scale websites. The solutions they provided were chopping down trees but in the wrong forest. Or, even worse, spending time/budget on problems already known about. My verdict on the place: if you're starting out give it a shot but if you've been around the block in any capacity - run.

Interview Question – Group interview...   Answer Question

SEO Consultant Interview

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Seer Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a skills test, where you are asked to research and recommend a digital content strategy for two different clients. A few days later, you're called in for a group interview, where you're given several tasks individually and in a group, followed by a lengthy Q-and-A session. Be prepared for anything, they obviously take hiring VERY seriously - SEER's top people spent 3 hours with us. Be confident and self-assured while showing how easy you would be to work with - my impression is that showing off your skills / experience in this stage isn't desirable (or even possible, really). Never got a call back, but I'm assuming a phone interview and maybe another face-to-face follows for finalist candidates. I'd be more specific about the group tasks, but they're likely to change anyway. As I said, they take hiring seriously and are probably constantly re-evaluating their methods. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell us why the person next to you would make an excellent match for our company culture. (Group interview)   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

SEO Associate Interview

Interviewed at Seer Interactive

Interview Details – The company contacted me to set up an interview. A few days before the interview, an office assistant emailed me that it needed to be rescheduled - I did so. Then, the day of the interview, the same office assistant emailed me to say the CEO (that I was supposed to interview with) had to cancel the interview and would not be rescheduling. I think this says a lot in terms of how the company works, and the lack of professionalism. The office assistant informed me that she would be in touch in the future if they wanted to reschedule; I told her not to bother. I had gone out of my way to be available that day for an interview that they cancelled, last minute. Better to know now than later, I guess.

Interview Question – I never got the chance to answer any questions because they rudely cancelled my interview at the last minute.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Seer Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seer Interactive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seer Interactive employees and interview candidates.