Segway LLC

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Segway LLC

Candidate Interview Review

Tour Guide Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Segway LLC.

The interview process: I applied for the job. A few weeks later I received an email saying "sorry we're not hiring for that position" and I went on with my life. Another week went by and I received a second email saying that they want to schedule a phone interview with me, so I reply with a time I am available. I had to call her to initiate the interview (which I thought was kind of weird; my only experiences with phone interviews were them calling me). She didn't pick up so I left a message and 10 minutes after, called me. She asked me the regular questions about my experience; which is my favorite job; why do I want to work here; very standard. She didn't have a sense of humor so I couldn't get comfortable in the conversation. She seemed wary but said she has 2 more people to interview and will get back to me. I had a feeling I would get it. Needless to say she called me back and said they picked me and would like for me to go into the store front to interview with the store manager.

I got to the interview 10 minutes early. The store was closed but didn't list any hours, but I had figured they'd be there for me as I was scheduled at 10 am. I waited around for 10 minutes after calling and hearing the phone ring and ring. Then as I was about to give up, the manager and worker come strolling in almost 15 minutes past 10 am. I was disgusted and should have taken that as a sign, but I went in with them anyway.

The interview was for a tour guide position, tours on Segways. She asked me the same questions and she, too, had no sense of humor, so I was very uncomfortable. She then said "Did HR tell you you'd be riding a segway?" And I said "..no..." but it makes sense that that is part of the interview, after all that is the entire job. I had never used a Segway, but it really wasn't hard at all. Even for someone as unbalanced as myself!

The interview ended, and a few days later I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part was the riding of a Segway, though looking back, it's not that unexpected.   Answer Question
    • In the phone interview, I stated that I like changing things up every day at work, but she was not amused and said "this job is the same thing over and over, and you have to stick 100% to the script given to you, are you sure you're still interested?" (She was partially right, it's very repetitive, but every group of people are made up of different people with senses of humor, intelligence, et cetra, so they all handle the tours differently which makes it more enjoyable)   Answer Question
    The job description posting said $11-13/hour and I had been making a lot more than that, so I wrote $13-14. When HR said "We pay $10 an hour" I said what that the job posting said they paid, and that I was looking for more toward $13-14 and I was offered $11.50. There was a huge packet of paperwork and very confusing because some things had to be sent to Headquarters, some just to the store front. Too many papers to fill out! Also, they really, really needed to interrogate my references, for some reason. It was a part-time tour guide position; not an airport security job! They wanted me to drive 2 hours to their headquarters before I even GOT the job, which I would have politely declined.