Select Portfolio Servicing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.7

Loan Servicing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went through one interview with two members of management. Very basic interview with general questions. No questions regarding collections but sales. Interview focused on goal driven personality attributes and competitiveness. Entire interview was short. I interviewed during a major hiring event and felt like it was a rushed interview due to the amount of interviews needed to complete. They didn't have an interview room ready because all conference rooms and interview rooms were in use. Had to wait at the door with management and had to squeeze in because others managers were trying to get a room as well. There wasn't a second interview and I received notification from HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions that we're not very job specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

Stander interview it took about 20 min. They let me ask a lot of questions. I don't know what else to say so I'm just going to put words down so it will let me move on.

Service Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

As I was a contractor, I went through a phone interview where the most significant question was about my capabilities with customer service. I was expecting a very technical interview for a service desk, but it didn't turn out that way. It seemed that my knowledge on how to build, image and deploy a computer was sufficient.

Interview Questions

• I really didn't have one. The interview went plenty fast because the manager was really busy.   Answer Question

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I only had one interview which consisted of two managers taking turns asking me situation behavioral questions. There were about 12 questions total and they wrote down every answer word for word. They asked me to speak very slowly as they were slow writers. It was a very basic interview, however, overkill on the behavioral questions which weren't even relevant to the job.

Analyst Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing.

Interview

SPS started recruiting through an information session held on my campus. I applied at the information session as well as online. After 2 weeks I was contacted for an initial phone screen. Mostly questions about resume and academic performance. Less than one week later I was brought in for an interview with the HR recruiter over the analyst program. This was a 30 minute interview that asked behavioral questions (what is your role on a team, talk to me about overcoming obstacles, etc.) After one more week I was called in for the final round of panel interviews. Normally 2-3 of the supervisors will ask questions for close to 45 minutes. The questions revolved around behavior and how quickly you can learn new concepts. Overall SPS had a great recruiting and interview process. They are very upfront with you and thorough in their job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a difficult concept from one of your classes.   Answer Question

Foreclosure Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (West Valley City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview where the will ask basic questions like name a difficult situation that has come up at work when there was no senior management. Explained what you did and how you handled the situation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed pay and lack of insurance and what would compensate for it

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical cut and dry interview. Two supervisors will be present and they will work together.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what you would do with management that was not doing a proper job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation available. I attempted this and they flat said no negotiations.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

be open to shifting work environments and changes in your daily tasks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it's my first job

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

It's mostly about whether the management likes you and thinks they'll get along with you; anyone can do the work, it's more about whether they think they want to work with you or not

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you encountered a problem at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

Loan Resolution Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy; they called me for a phone interview, just the basic questions; then because I was out of state at the time they scheduled the second interview so they did that over the phone as well; it was with two of the supervisors/managers. Basically if they like your personality, you're hired. It's all a social club here.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak any other languages?   1 Answer