Select Portfolio Servicing

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Mitigation Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in June 2013.

Interview Details – Typical cut and dry interview. Two supervisors will be present and they will work together.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what you would do with management that was not doing a proper job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation available. I attempted this and they flat said no negotiations.

Loss Mitigation Interview

Loss Mitigation
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing.

Interview Details – I only had one interview which consisted of two managers taking turns asking me situation behavioral questions. There were about 12 questions total and they wrote down every answer word for word. They asked me to speak very slowly as they were slow writers. It was a very basic interview, however, overkill on the behavioral questions which weren't even relevant to the job.

Underwriter Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in June 2013.

Interview Details – be open to shifting work environments and changes in your daily tasks

Interview Question – the interview was pretty basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, it's my first job

Loan Representative Ll Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in August 2012.

Interview Details – Application, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Question – How do think you can sell a customer on paying their monthly mortgage when there is the possibilty they could loose their home?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one.

Data Analyst Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial pre-screening interview to cover basic qualifications and knowledge. This is followed by a panel interview with 2 or 3 people, seemed to be the hiring manager and a SME. The interview questions were very standard, some simple behavioral questions such as how do you deal with stress, competing priorities etc.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty standard and nothing too unusual. I was not suprised by any questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst III Interview

Financial Analyst III
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in April 2008.

Interview Details – They have high expectations and they want dedicated people who challenge and push yourself.

Negotiation Details – I was unemployed at the time, and I took the job because I had bills to pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Finance - Controllers Technology Office - VBA/SQL Developer - Associate Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was great, one of the best I have ever had. The process requires a lot of time. It is always worth shooting high for salary with this company but in general they are not going to go over 20% higher that your current salary. They require you to disclose your current salary and prove it with W2's.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is always worth shooting high for salary with this company but in general they are not going to go over 20% higher that your current salary. They require you to disclose your current salary and prove it with W2's.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Select Portfolio Servicing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Select Portfolio Servicing interview questions and advice in Salt Lake City, UT. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Select Portfolio Servicing employees and interview candidates.