Select Portfolio Servicing Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

2.7

Loan Servicing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went through one interview with two members of management. Very basic interview with general questions. No questions regarding collections but sales. Interview focused on goal driven personality attributes and competitiveness. Entire interview was short. I interviewed during a major hiring event and felt like it was a rushed interview due to the amount of interviews needed to complete. They didn't have an interview room ready because all conference rooms and interview rooms were in use. Had to wait at the door with management and had to squeeze in because others managers were trying to get a room as well. There wasn't a second interview and I received notification from HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions that we're not very job specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay

Service Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

As I was a contractor, I went through a phone interview where the most significant question was about my capabilities with customer service. I was expecting a very technical interview for a service desk, but it didn't turn out that way. It seemed that my knowledge on how to build, image and deploy a computer was sufficient.

Interview Questions

• I really didn't have one. The interview went plenty fast because the manager was really busy.   Answer Question

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I only had one interview which consisted of two managers taking turns asking me situation behavioral questions. There were about 12 questions total and they wrote down every answer word for word. They asked me to speak very slowly as they were slow writers. It was a very basic interview, however, overkill on the behavioral questions which weren't even relevant to the job.

Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical cut and dry interview. Two supervisors will be present and they will work together.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what you would do with management that was not doing a proper job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation available. I attempted this and they flat said no negotiations.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

It's mostly about whether the management likes you and thinks they'll get along with you; anyone can do the work, it's more about whether they think they want to work with you or not

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you encountered a problem at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

be open to shifting work environments and changes in your daily tasks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it's my first job

Loan Representative Ll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Application, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions

• How do think you can sell a customer on paying their monthly mortgage when there is the possibilty they could loose their home?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not one.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial pre-screening interview to cover basic qualifications and knowledge. This is followed by a panel interview with 2 or 3 people, seemed to be the hiring manager and a SME. The interview questions were very standard, some simple behavioral questions such as how do you deal with stress, competing priorities etc.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty standard and nothing too unusual. I was not suprised by any questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process was great, one of the best I have ever had. The process requires a lot of time. It is always worth shooting high for salary with this company but in general they are not going to go over 20% higher that your current salary. They require you to disclose your current salary and prove it with W2's.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Select Portfolio Servicing (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2008.

Interview

They have high expectations and they want dedicated people who challenge and push yourself.

Negotiation

I was unemployed at the time, and I took the job because I had bills to pay.