Select Specialty Hospitals

Relevance Date Difficulty

RN Interview

RN
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in February 2010.

Interview Details – Conducted by CNO. Relaxed and in person. Basic interview questions, quick and to the point. Provided tour of facility and expectations. Provided benefits review on the spot and discussed starting wage and differentials. CNO provided facility goals and dreams of where facility would be in five years and hopes for staff education. This was one of the best CNO's I have ever met and worked for.

Interview Question – none, they were all basic questions regarding education and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Youngstown, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. Within a few weeks I was contacted by HR and, at that time, given a quick phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the DON. A few days later I went to the in-person interview, and, upon leaving, I was given an appointment slip to go complete a drug screen within the week. I was also told that someone would contact me, but it might take a week or so for the drug test results as well as my background check to come back. I was contacted 2 days later and offered the job.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I felt the offer was fair and in line with other similar jobs in my area.

Nursing Interview

Nursing
Pensacola, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in December 2011.

Interview Details – This part was good the lady that interviewed me was nice

Interview Question – Why Select?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN

Interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process. HR interviews first with a list of questions straight off a checklist.... list your strengths/best traits, worst traits etc., goals, how do you handle difficult patients/difficult families. Management interviewed next, offered the job on the spot, started two weeks later. Training and preceptor provided initially.

Interview Question – Be ready for why should we hire you... what has prepared you for xyz...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process, just a straight up here is the pay, are you interested.

Worked for Select Specialty Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!