Select Specialty Hospitals

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Select Specialty Hospitals

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent an email to the Regional recruiter who called me about two weeks later with a quick phone interview. She asked me basic patient safety questions, nurse:patient ratio at previous jobs, and told me the salary for my experience level. She spoke to me about the acuity of the patients and then asked me if I was interested in interviewing. I interviewed about a week later with the CNO- she is very personable person with great leadership skills. Very type-A. She talked about my resume and asked me basic interview questions for a nursing position. She gave me a tour of the unit and then we went back and she offered me the job with a higher salary than what HR said someone with my years of experience would get. I accepted and started a week later.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Youngstown, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online. Within a few weeks I was contacted by HR and, at that time, given a quick phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the DON. A few days later I went to the in-person interview, and, upon leaving, I was given an appointment slip to go complete a drug screen within the week. I was also told that someone would contact me, but it might take a week or so for the drug test results as well as my background check to come back. I was contacted 2 days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I felt the offer was fair and in line with other similar jobs in my area.

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview process. HR interviews first with a list of questions straight off a checklist.... list your strengths/best traits, worst traits etc., goals, how do you handle difficult patients/difficult families. Management interviewed next, offered the job on the spot, started two weeks later. Training and preceptor provided initially.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for why should we hire you... what has prepared you for xyz...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process, just a straight up here is the pay, are you interested.

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Pensacola, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

This part was good the lady that interviewed me was nice

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Conducted by CNO. Relaxed and in person. Basic interview questions, quick and to the point. Provided tour of facility and expectations. Provided benefits review on the spot and discussed starting wage and differentials. CNO provided facility goals and dreams of where facility would be in five years and hopes for staff education. This was one of the best CNO's I have ever met and worked for.

Interview Questions

• none, they were all basic questions regarding education and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none