Select Specialty Hospitals

Interviews for Top Jobs at Select Specialty Hospitals

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in May 2014.

I submitted an application online. Within a few weeks I was contacted by HR and, at that time, given a quick phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the DON. A few days later I went to the in-person interview, and, upon leaving, I was given an appointment slip to go complete a drug screen within the week. I was also told that someone would contact me, but it might take a week or so for the drug test results as well as my background check to come back. I was contacted 2 days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I felt the offer was fair and in line with other similar jobs in my area.

Staff RN Interview

Straightforward interview process. HR interviews first with a list of questions straight off a checklist.... list your strengths/best traits, worst traits etc., goals, how do you handle difficult patients/difficult families. Management interviewed next, offered the job on the spot, started two weeks later. Training and preceptor provided initially.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready for why should we hire you... what has prepared you for xyz...   Answer Question
    No negotiation process, just a straight up here is the pay, are you interested.

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in December 2011.

This part was good the lady that interviewed me was nice

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Select Specialty Hospitals in February 2010.

Conducted by CNO. Relaxed and in person. Basic interview questions, quick and to the point. Provided tour of facility and expectations. Provided benefits review on the spot and discussed starting wage and differentials. CNO provided facility goals and dreams of where facility would be in five years and hopes for staff education. This was one of the best CNO's I have ever met and worked for.

Interview Questions
    • none, they were all basic questions regarding education and experience.   Answer Question
    none