Select Staffing

Very Easy Interview

Welder Interview

Welder
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Select Staffing in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had initially found a welding position on their website that I was interested in. I called their office in Rancho Cucamonga to inquire about the position and was told discourteously to apply online and then call back, which I did later. So I go through the motions of applying for this position which I had immense experience in and also applied for a few other positions as a warehouse associate. I called the office back again as previously instructed and they set me up for an interview two weeks later.
     When it finally came time to come in for my interview (remember, this is a temp agency) I was told to sit down, file paperwork and wait. After being told this I asked about the welding and warehouse associate positions and again, I was discourteously told that I needed to first fill out the paperwork (which was about 25 pages long). Being the patient person I am, I simply filled out and did everything they told me because I needed a job. So after filling out all of those forms, they took me and four other guys into a small, cramped back room where we were supposed to watch a safety video that we were quizzed on after we finished. The quiz was as challenging as a kindergarten finger-painting assignment; it required no video insight whatsoever.
     We finished the quiz and just as we were turning it in, we were told to take another test on the computer. So we sat down and then I realized we were taking a personality quiz. 100 repetitive questions and one headache later, we were finished. This process that took 3 1/2 hours was finally complete and I was able to ask the one burning question that I had originally came to ask. I walked up to the rude receptionist from before and inquired about the welding position. She told me that they didn't have any welding positions open and said that the only position that they did have open was a forklift operator.
     I was utterly disappointed and expressed my dissatisfaction by passively stating that I had applied for a welder and warehouse position. The receptionist told me that she was sorry for the lack of positions (the website displayed hundreds of "open" positions) and told me that I should check in with their Ontario office, saying that they would probably have information on that position.
     Like an idiot, I actually drove to their Ontario office, extra resume in hand. When I got there I was greeted by yet another rude receptionist and inquired about the welding and warehouse associate positions. She told me that all they had available was a forklift operator position, just like they had said in their Rancho Cucamonga office. I told her about my dilemma and how the people in the Rancho office refered me to their office to see if they had any of these other positions. She looked at me like I was stupid and rhetorically asked "If we have the same website, then why would our offices offer different available positions?" So I just smiled and handed her a copy of my resume and told her to call me if anything turned up.
     I would not recommend this temp agency to anyone. The people that work there are rude, they lie to or rather deceive you about the positions they have (because they just might not have an "honest" website) and they waste your time. In my particular instance they did actually lie about the whole different offices having different positions problem. Most temp agencies will at the very least treat you in a courteous and respectful manner, Select Staffing treats their employees as nothing more than cattle and nothing less than dirt.

Interview Question – Have you ever been accused of a felony   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined their offer because the position they offered me had nothing to do with the position I applied for.

Worked for Select Staffing? Contribute to the Community!