Selective Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Safety Management Specialist Interview

Safety Management Specialist
Branchville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Selective Insurance in August 2010.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager, recieved callback, then went to Branchville, NJ to meet with department managers. Technical questions related to my experience in safety and in the insurance industry. Discussion of experience with other employers including specific activities conducted within my department. Discussed interest in furthering my education. They explained their process and what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Describe the cons of previous managers.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Investigator
Branchville, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Selective Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – straight forward interview

Interview Question – normal questioning no surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offered salary which was more then expected. I accepted.

Para-professional Interview

Para-professional
Branchville, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Selective Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – PRO
Recruiter scheduled interviews and provided contact information and appointment times with Recruiter, Hiring Manager, other members of the team, Department Head and ended with the HR Manager in one day. Indicating a respect for the applicants time.

CON
Although HR Manager confirmed that a response would be provided within a certain timeframe NO communicaiton was sent to advise the outcome of the interview which indicates the inexperience of the HR Manager or lack of respect for the applicant.

Interview Question – What experience to you have that would translate into a benefit for this company?   Answer Question

Worked for Selective Insurance? Contribute to the Community!