Selective Insurance

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.8

Internal Auditor Interview

Phone interview and then on-site interview. The phone interview was with a recruiter and asked me some basic question like you want to work as auditor and why you choose this company. The on'site interview was with one of their specialist, the manager and the VP. They are very nice people.

Commercial Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Phone interview and two in house interviews with HR and hiring manager. They asked the basic interview questions and asked many insurance related and situational questions. The entire process lasted about two weeks before I heard back from HR.

Interview Questions
    phone call negotiation. I had 24 hours to make decision.

MANAGER AUDIT Interview

Interviewed with three people, the HR rep and the two people in the audit deprtment that I would be working with. The HR interview was for perfunctionary purposes as usual, then it was on to the hiring manager and the person the role would be reporting to in the audit dept.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty basic. The HR person had some tricky question that were not really in keeping with the audit role   Answer Question

Para-professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Selective Insurance in April 2012.

PRO
    Recruiter scheduled interviews and provided contact information and appointment times with Recruiter, Hiring Manager, other members of the team, Department Head and ended with the HR Manager in one day. Indicating a respect for the applicants time.

CON
    Although HR Manager confirmed that a response would be provided within a certain timeframe NO communicaiton was sent to advise the outcome of the interview which indicates the inexperience of the HR Manager or lack of respect for the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • What experience to you have that would translate into a benefit for this company?   Answer Question

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Selective Insurance in December 2011.

I attended a job fair held by the company at it's Richmond office in November. At the time, I was advised there were no specific openings for Underwriters but that they expect to post several new positions within a month or so. I sat with one of the Underwriting Supervisors during the job fair and she asked me several screening questions, trying to ascertain my background and experience. The interview went very well and I was called back for a more formal interview with a panel of 3 managers a little over a month later. I went back to Richmond for the 2nd interview and, although I was scheduled to meet with 3 managers, only 2 were available. The interview questions were all behavioral questions, i.e. "Describe a time when you had to deliver negative feedback to a manager." The interview went very well, and I was advised I will hear from them after the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deliver negative feedback to a peer or manager.   View Answer

Safety Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Selective Insurance in August 2010.

Met with hiring manager, recieved callback, then went to Branchville, NJ to meet with department managers. Technical questions related to my experience in safety and in the insurance industry. Discussion of experience with other employers including specific activities conducted within my department. Discussed interest in furthering my education. They explained their process and what they were looking for.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Selective Insurance in April 2010.

straight forward interview

Interview Questions
    offered salary which was more then expected. I accepted.

Account Executive Interview

Fairly normal interview questions and very low stress.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of working environment best suits your personality.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Selective Insurance in July 2008.

Basic phone interview with multiple departs.