Selfridges

Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.1

Womenswear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Selfridges.

Applied online and heard back from them in about 3 weeks. It was a web interview process. The questions were simple like 1) why do you want to work for selfridges? 2) what's your favourite brand and why? 3)describe good customer experience
    The stressful part is the actual interview because it goes so quickly. 10 seconds on the screen where the question pops up and 40 seconds to answer and then 10 seconds again for the next questions. There was about 7-8 questions total

I've made it to the next round and have a group interview tomorrow :) Wish me luck

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Selfridges.

everyone was super friendly! really relaxed and informal. HR style questions can be difficult to answer. presentations not good for nervous interviewees! i completed online application form followed by a telephone interview, then invited to assessment where there was a short prepared presentation we had to give, group discussion, and one to one with a few managers and hr staff.

Interview Questions
    • how would you inspire or motivate a team
      how would you cater to customers of different backgrounds

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Selfridges in October 2014.

Sent an on line application and after 2 days received an email inviting me for video interview. Unfortunatelly was sick and wasn't able to send it back to them on time.

Sales Consultant - Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Selfridges in September 2014.

Long online application. Followed by a video interview - can do this at any time (but within 4 days): questions appear on screen, given 5 seconds to think and 40 seconds to speak. Easy: 3 questions: 1) Christmas is a special time for our customers. How would you make their time exceptional? 2) Why do you want to work for selfridges? 3) What can you bring to the team? Lasted about 3 mins overall. Awaiting a response.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Selfridges.

Initial interview, then if that is successful you are put forward for a store approval. You do not officially have a job until approved in your Store Approval by the floor manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Selfridges in September 2014.

phone interview with the usual open ended questions, HR invitation to group interview if successful, where you are pitted with other pretenders making for a very uncomfortable experience, finally to be interviewed by the Department Manager and ok'd by yet another.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of how you deliver extraordinary customer service   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation, designer sales staff expected to hit a daily target of £2k, staff pressure you and size you up if your sales aren't great

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Selfridges.

I went through a rather lengthy process for a Sales Associate position with Selfridges. After my online application on the company's website I received a (unscheduled) mini phone interview (which felt mostly like a process to verify my answers to the online questionnaire). About 10 days after that they repeated the same process and invited me to an interview/assessment at their HQ on Oxford Street.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, it was a pretty straightforward retail interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Selfridges in September 2013.

Applied online over the weekend and got a call back on the first working day back, inviting me to an interview the next day. As they are hiring several people at once for this instance, they arranged group interviews so there are only certain dates you can attend, and you either make it or don't.

Starts off with group interviews where everyone gets to know each other, I think probably to suss out who were confident in speaking out and sharing experiences. Lasts about 2 hours whilst they take people out for one on one interviews.

I heard back next day and got offered the job, starting 2 weeks from their call.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you encountered a problem and how you dealt with it.   View Answer
    No negotiation, set salary as it was a temporary job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Selfridges in April 2013.

Applied online. Was then asked to do an video interview which was very surprising. They ask one question then give you one minute to answer with 30 seconds before hand to think of an answer.

Interview Questions
    • What denim brands do you like and why do you like them   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Selfridges in February 2013.

An unexpected telephone interview, very quick and told me I had passed straight away and could I come for group interview two days later which I did. A two and a half hour interview along with a lot of other people all sitting round chatting with a very nice lady. One by one we would go into side room for a one to one interview, very relaxed and nice person interviewing me.
    That evening got a phone call saying I had passed that stage could I come in next week for another interview which I did. Two groups of six people having to do group building exercises. A bit cheesy but quite good fun. Was told we would hear within two weeks. Got a phone call that night when I got home offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer asked for a good place to eat in the area where would you suggest??? (My mind went completely blank)   View Answer
    None