Seminole County Public Schools

Updated Aug 18, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seminole County Public Schools

Science Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in August 2012.

My interviewer was very efficient. We talked briefly about my educational background (fresh out of a science teacher prep program in college) and experience. I'd brought sample lesson plans with me but the interviewer didn't really look at any of my hard copies. The interviewer threw me a couple of scenarios and asked how I'd respond.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my familiarity with Marzano and I had none. If you are applying in Seminole County familiarize yourself with the Marzano evaluation and teaching philosophy.   View Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in July 2013.

200-300 applicants for every position. Had to jump through hoops. Application, resume, professional references, fingerprints, background check. Online application. The usual. Then wait for interview. NO bites. I had to call in a favor with an old contact to get my one and only interview. The interview was in-person with an assistant principal. It took weeks. Get started early. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible. Take it and consider yourself lucky. Then prepare to be abused.

Instructor, Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in March 2014.

I love to teach and I have a lot of experience in different countries as a class room teacher. I love the young people or children, because they are pure and ready to learn. The future world need good people who can work for the unity of mankind and not for hate and war.

Interview Questions
    • As an expert in European and Middle Eastern languages, I know the problems of teaching different languages.   View Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seminole, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seminole, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in August 2013.

I had to jump through so many hoops to get this job! Unbelievable amount of paperwork prior to submitting the application. Then you apply for a job, and the principal gets your resume and decides who they want to interview. They DON'T see your cover letter or anything else. Ugh. I got my job by visiting the school on my own--even though I wasn't supposed to.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a lesson you're really like to teach and why."   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You're paid what everyone else with your level of experience is.

Worked for Seminole County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!