Seminole County Public Schools

Very Easy Interview

Classroom Teacher Interview

Classroom Teacher
Oviedo, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in July 2013.

Interview Details – 200-300 applicants for every position. Had to jump through hoops. Application, resume, professional references, fingerprints, background check. Online application. The usual. Then wait for interview. NO bites. I had to call in a favor with an old contact to get my one and only interview. The interview was in-person with an assistant principal. It took weeks. Get started early. Good luck.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a lesson you'd really like to teach."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. Take it and consider yourself lucky. Then prepare to be abused.

Very Easy Interview

Instructor, Teacher Interview

Instructor, Teacher
Oviedo, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in March 2014.

Interview Details – I love to teach and I have a lot of experience in different countries as a class room teacher. I love the young people or children, because they are pure and ready to learn. The future world need good people who can work for the unity of mankind and not for hate and war.

Interview Question – As an expert in European and Middle Eastern languages, I know the problems of teaching different languages.   View Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Classroom Teacher
Seminole, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had to jump through so many hoops to get this job! Unbelievable amount of paperwork prior to submitting the application. Then you apply for a job, and the principal gets your resume and decides who they want to interview. They DON'T see your cover letter or anything else. Ugh. I got my job by visiting the school on my own--even though I wasn't supposed to.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a lesson you're really like to teach and why."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You're paid what everyone else with your level of experience is.

Worked for Seminole County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!