Seminole County Public Schools

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seminole County Public Schools

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Seminole, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

All jobs are on-line with submitting a resume for each position. You might need to volunteer and substitute at schools, to get noticed. Also, be willing to participate in "after hours" clubs. Be ready to sell yourself and know technology. Teaching is not a job for people that look at hourly pay but rather it as a salary position. Teachers do not get paid for vacations like most jobs. Teachers are not paid for grading papers, doing lesson plans, training at night or on the weekends.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired and not the other 50 applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set pay scale

Instructor, Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I love to teach and I have a lot of experience in different countries as a class room teacher. I love the young people or children, because they are pure and ready to learn. The future world need good people who can work for the unity of mankind and not for hate and war.

Interview Questions

• As an expert in European and Middle Eastern languages, I know the problems of teaching different languages.   1 Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Seminole, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had to jump through so many hoops to get this job! Unbelievable amount of paperwork prior to submitting the application. Then you apply for a job, and the principal gets your resume and decides who they want to interview. They DON'T see your cover letter or anything else. Ugh. I got my job by visiting the school on my own--even though I wasn't supposed to.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a lesson you're really like to teach and why."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You're paid what everyone else with your level of experience is.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

200-300 applicants for every position. Had to jump through hoops. Application, resume, professional references, fingerprints, background check. Online application. The usual. Then wait for interview. NO bites. I had to call in a favor with an old contact to get my one and only interview. The interview was in-person with an assistant principal. It took weeks. Get started early. Good luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Take it and consider yourself lucky. Then prepare to be abused.

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seminole County Public Schools in August 2012.

Interview

My interviewer was very efficient. We talked briefly about my educational background (fresh out of a science teacher prep program in college) and experience. I'd brought sample lesson plans with me but the interviewer didn't really look at any of my hard copies. The interviewer threw me a couple of scenarios and asked how I'd respond.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my familiarity with Marzano and I had none. If you are applying in Seminole County familiarize yourself with the Marzano evaluation and teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seminole County Public Schools.

Interview

Hiring can take some time. Need to send references, background check, drug testing through county. Once selected you are interviewed by your departments vice principal. Questions were very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What would I observe if I were to enter your classroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, wages are set by the county.