SendGrid

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SendGrid in March 2012.

Interview Details – Through some connections, I contacted someone in HR to let them know my interest in the position. We met for coffee, and it was very casual, about an hour long conversation in which we discussed my background and interests, and gave me a chance to ask questions about the company. He was nice and informative. I had the impression that it was a fun company to work at. During our chat, he mentioned that a culture fit between the company and a new hire was very important, sometimes more important than qualifications.

I followed up with an email and a couple of days later, was invited via email to interview with the hiring manager. (Note: The hiring manager was not the one indicated in the job posting, suggesting the job posting was out of date or recycled from a previous posting.)

During the interview with the hiring manager, she also emphasized that SendGrid hires for culture fit, and mentioned that the interview process would be with 4-6 more people, probably to judge the culture fit part (but I didn't get that far). The interview was less than 30 minutes. I followed up with an email, but didn't get a response from her. Thought that was a bit odd, considering her job description is mainly a relationship manager. Though, when I left the interview, she did say that HR would contact me.

About 4-5 days later, HR informed me by email that my skills and experience would not suffice for their position. It was fine and somewhat expected. What slightly bothered me was that both had clearly stated a culture fit was highly valued, so it felt like there was a chance I was dismissed because of that (too). I think they should not emphasize the culture fit thing so much in every encounter with a potential candidate.

I didn't get a tour of the office, so no idea what that's like. (Unusual, in my experience, as most places I've interviewed with -- or even just visited for an informal/informative talk -- offer a tour.) The people that I did see from the waiting area were very nice, smiley, and friendly.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at SendGrid

Worked for SendGrid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SendGrid Technical Account Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SendGrid employees and interview candidates.