Sendero

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sendero.

Resume collected at university career fair. Email notification of interview offer. One round of two back-to-back 15-minute interviews on campus with two employees at the manager level or above. Mostly behavioral questions with some specific references to previous work or leadership experiences. Written offer emailed several weeks following the interviews.

No negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sendero in July 2014.

Process took approximately 4 weeks. First round is an informal chat at a coffee shop. Second round is a behavioral interview with potential co-workers / associates. The final round of interviews is a meeting with a principal consultant and a partner, along with a dinner / lunch-in. Very enjoyable experience, very friendly / professional people.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you had to coordinate the efforts of others.   View Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you were in an unfamiliar role and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you anticipated problems in your workplace and steps you took to mitigate them.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sendero.

Initial networking "coffee" took place (sort of the "Gatekeeper" meeting), followed by a face-to-face meeting with 2 members of the management team. This process took about 2-weeks. Was brought back for a final round of 2 interviews, one with a manager and the final with a partner. In between those two interviews there was a lunch with an employee. The whole process took about 6-weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing you are most passionate about?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sendero.

The interview process starts by going to coffee with a Sendero employee. This person just chats with you and then gives a recommendation for if you should come in for an interview. If recommended, you will come into the office for a series of interviews. I had two.

Interview Questions
    • The interview involved questions on general consulting skills.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sendero in February 2014.

After a skype interview, I flew to Dallas for my second round of interviews with Sendero. The questions were mostly behavioral and were two one-on-one interviews with managers. A few weeks later I came back for a final round which was almost identical to the second round except for the partner interview, which was mostly an overview of the values and components of the firm and specifics of the jobs. I also was taken to a very nice lunch with a current associate. The whole process was very welcoming and relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you expected problems and created preventative measures to avoid conflict   Answer Question
    The starting salary is GREAT for associates and benefits are awesome. Negotiation isn't really in the cards for this starting position and there isn't much I was disappointed with.

Analyst Or Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sendero in January 2013.

After filling out an application I was invited in for a two hour interview. Everyone was very nice and but there were two very strange aspects of the process.
    1) They decided what position I was qualified for after the interview....I didn't know which position I was interviewing for.
    2) Two weeks after the interview I still hadn't heard anything...later that week I check my mail and they had sent me my rejection letter via snail mail....up until that point all communication had been via email and phone...

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement a CRM application? Begin with how you would choose the software through implementation.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sendero in December 2010.

I had an on campus interview, phone interview and on site interview for the company. Everyone was extremely kind. The majority of the questions were behavioral. During the campus interview I was asked to write about what type of candy bar I would be which was a fun difference from most interviews. The site interview included a dinner the night before, lunch and then a one on one interview with a few people in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the questions were behavioral. A couple of their younger consultants take the group on interviewees out for dinner the night before the on site interview to any questions. This was slightly awkward and no one was sure how it played into the interview   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sendero in March 2012.

The people all seemed very nice. The culture seemed amazing. That being said when I met for the interview I was expected to have some give and take and learning on both sides. Instead they asked some questions and wrote down notes on a piece of paper behind a folder they were holding up. It was awkward and not fitting the culture that I was expecting from employees and information gathered.