Sendmail

Very Easy Interview

Systems Administration Interview

Systems Administration
Emeryville, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sendmail in January 2011.

Interview Details – So I got a call from the IT Manager at Sendmail, Inc. Hanson Oshiobughie.
Basically, he was in a hurry to "get me in for in person interview" as soon as possible, I suspect he had another candidate pre-determined, and needed to meet a quota for HR purposes.

I was given the answers to the questions on the phone, except for writing simple if then, script.
ON PAPER no less. This was somewhat peculiar, as this isn't how most people develop software in this century.

Anyway, he was somewhat formal, almost polite.
The questions were basic A+/Network+, MCP or Cisco Technician questions.
Basically, I got the feeling that he was just going through the motions, feeling out candidates, and ultimately hiring a personal acquaintance, or another candidate.
Throughout the entire process, I got the feeling that he'd already hired somebody, and wasn't seriously interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe Ports for various Email, Network Services   View Answer
  • Describe your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • Write a script in Perl or Bash that does the following:
    Checks if /etc/named.conf exists. If not exist, then send notification to admin@domainname,etc.
      View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sendmail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sendmail Systems Administration interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sendmail employees and interview candidates.