Sendmail Systems Administration Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Systems Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Emeryville, CA
Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sendmail in January 2011.

So I got a call from the IT Manager at Sendmail, Inc. Hanson Oshiobughie.
Basically, he was in a hurry to "get me in for in person interview" as soon as possible, I suspect he had another candidate pre-determined, and needed to meet a quota for HR purposes.

I was given the answers to the questions on the phone, except for writing simple if then, script.
ON PAPER no less. This was somewhat peculiar, as this isn't how most people develop software in this century.

Anyway, he was somewhat formal, almost polite.
The questions were basic A+/Network+, MCP or Cisco Technician questions.
Basically, I got the feeling that he was just going through the motions, feeling out candidates, and ultimately hiring a personal acquaintance, or another candidate.
Throughout the entire process, I got the feeling that he'd already hired somebody, and wasn't seriously interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe Ports for various Email, Network Services   View Answer
  • Describe your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • Write a script in Perl or Bash that does the following:
    Checks if /etc/named.conf exists. If not exist, then send notification to admin@domainname,etc.
      View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sendmail

Worked for Sendmail? Contribute to the Community!